It’s been a while since I saw a really nice compact camera as a Today’s Special Value but on the 4th July we have one of the very same.
It’s the Panasonic DC-TZ95 and it’s a solid workhorse a camera with some amazing features.
- 30 x Optical Zoom Leica Lens with image stabilisation: the wide-angle Leica Lens (24mm) is ideal for landscape photography but with the 30x optical zoom you’ll be able to reach as far as 720mm (equivalent). You can see from the picture I took outside QVC towers just how much closer you can get to the action. That picture was taken with the optical zoom but you can almost double that if you use the intelligent power of the camera too. Power O.I.S (Optical Image Stabiliser) keeps your shots looking sharp by compensating for handshake even when shooting at long focal lengths. The zoom compose assist function helps keep track of your subjects by quickly zooming out.
- The 0.21-inch 2,330k dot equivalent Live View Finder (LVF) or the 3-inch 1040k-dot static touch type control monitor, it is easy to frame every shot, even in bright, sunny conditions. The monitor tilts up to 180degrees – perfect for selfies. There are 22 filter options which can also be applied to panoramic images.
- With 4k photo, it’s never been easier to capture the moment. Utilising this exciting technology, you can record fleeting moments at 30 frames per second, extracting the best shot later as an 8 megapixel JPEG. Even selfies can be improved by 4k photo – making sure everyone in a group is smiling or choosing the best shot with a moving background. I used that to take some pictures of my plants as they were blowing about in the breeze. The shots are crisp and clear and the camera was doing all the work as it was on Auto.
- It has built in Built in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi Connectivity means sharing your experiences with family and friends is simple. With BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) your images can be automatically transferred to your smartphone or tablet ready to upload to social networking sites. GPS tagging also ensures you never forget those special travel locations.
- A long battery life of approximately 330 shots per charge ensures you the power you need when on the go. Should you run out of juice, USB charging is available to give you a power boost no matter where you are.
One of the snazzy features that I liked, but had never seen before, was the ring around the lens. It’s almost a bit old school where a manual ring around the lens can be turned to either zoom or adjust the aperture ( depending what setting you’re in) It makes it really quick to follow the action and to get the shot you are after.
Kathy Taylor had the previous version of this camera on her trip to Namibia and took some amazing shots, but she didn’t have this feature and thought it was really nice, when were talking about the camera the other day.
I have had a few Panasonic cameras in my time and I think, apart from the great build quality, the thing that I like best is the intelligent auto feature. You just set it to that and ALL the pictures you take come out great!
Join us on Thursday to find out more and get the perfect camera to record all your photos and videos for this summer holiday and many more to come.