Another packed week, then!
– Singing in Penge – a recording studios belated birthday treat
– The Olympic torch passes by… somewhere!
– Andrew from Gatineau cracks up on air
– Marlene moment – can't shift the pounds? This might be why
– And a classic movie – 'Once Upon A Time In America' DVD review
Posh karaoke in Penge
This week, I had suuuuuch a super time at recording outfit 'Urban Chain Studios', with brother Glenn, who'd bought me a Groupon voucher in May for my 50th. Thanks Glenn!
I got six whole hours to myself, (and Glenn did a couple of songs too!) and recorded 8 tracks to take away on a little CD (well 7 really – one was a bit ropey – I can't reach the high notes like I used to! Lol).
It's amazing how good it makes you feel just doing a bit of a sing song to some of your favourite tunes – mine included 'You're My World', 'For All We Know', and from my fave musical 'City of Angels' – 'You Can Always Count On Me', heard in the background of this little glimpse.
Great day!(P.S. for those who kindly asked – no it's sadly not for sale, only for fun! Royalties would be too much!)
– Well with Olympic fever in the capital, here in the sticks we had our own bit of excitement when the torch convoy passed by the Wotton Hatch pub in Dorking last week, and I was there to witness the – er – sight. Which was not much, as it happens!
The actual torch-carrying ceremony passed thru' nearby village of Westcott, so if you watched it, or anywhere else, do add a comment below. Did you go see one near you? What impressed you?
– Considering the recent heatwave, the pogs have of course been cooling down in the paddling pool, but I’ve shown you that before. So thought this pic would make you smile. You can guess how cold that tile floor is, in my utility room! Bless them. On the hottest day I nearly joined them! Lol.
– Marlene moment – thought following my macrobiotic diet success, here's a little gem from Marlene Watson-Tara. She's just launched a new free information blog which you can sign up for, and to kick it off, did you know that if you eat too much of the wrong kind of food, it won't let your body release fat? No matter how you diet?
Go here, and make sure you sign up for each week’s new one! I asked a doctor (who is a writing pal) about this blog and the doc – Jo Cannon - said that she was really impressed at how a tough subject was made simple. Well done Marlene!
– Facebook magic – I just LOVE this pic of a funny dog with eyebrows drawn on – sorry, it tickled me no end! And it SOOO needs a speech bubble, doesn't it?! What do you think it should be?! (there's an equally funny cat one doing the rounds – the moggy has Minnie mouse ears on, lol. We're obviously a nation of animal 'clothers'!
– Spotted! A certain Kipling guest in another guise? Or is she really called Penny on the quiet? Hehe!
WATCH – a magic movie and a blooper for you this week! First, search on YouTube for the official trailer for the classic 'Once Upon a Time in New York'.
It stars an early de Niro and an impressively menacing James Wood, in a (VERY LONG) tale spanning three eras of the lives of a set of gangster pals and their women, and their shenanigans. There's a lot of violence – even within the first minute! – but see past it, if you can, to one of the most poetic beautifully shot movies of all time.
Sergio Leone as director and Ennio Morricone (post 'The Good The Bad and The Ugly' – yes THAT tune!) as composer help complete the picture. Am glad Mr Back-of-My-Tandem suggested I put it on my list of 'must-see movies'. For the feast of visuals, this got an 8 out of ten from me. Have you seen it? What did you think?
BLOOPER – oh how Andrew from Gatineau made me laugh! Sorry Ali Young! Good job I know she wouldn't care! Lol.
QVC – This Week I Are Been Mostly Using… my little Dyson Animal portable vac – OMG how useful is that for bottoms of drawers (ooer missus! Actually it DID include my drawers-drawer too! Lol). So powerful – cleaned out behind cupboards and in corners, and nooks and crannies, as I continued my de-cluttering craze at home. Highly recommended specially for round furniture when you have an Oreck for carpets.
Also, watch out for the new Clarisonic Today's Special Value on Fri/Sat 27th/28th – I have the final airing if it lasts on Saturday night. And the long awaited announcement of the Customer Beauty Awards on Sunday and Monday nights with Alison – can't wait!
I'll be holed up in a hotel over the weekend in Richmond too, escaping the lock-down on the closed A25 during the Olympic cycling as I couldn't get the weekend off to stay at home and watch it, but c'est la vie! Enjoy whatever you watch and hope the weather lasts!
Next week – the Great Flinty clear out continues – have been asked on Facebook for my Secrets to Successful Clear Outs! Lol – actually, I was, and it's very simple. If you need help de-cluttering come back next week!
P.S. find out more about my macriobiotic guru at www.Marlene WatsonTara.com, or @marlenewt for more info.
P.P.S. If you've never left a blog comment go to the P.S. at the end of this post to find out how.