Did you know that Eye Creams are one of the most difficult products to make?
The reason for this, is that the skin around the eye area reacts to the environmental changes as well as illness and healthcare changes in a negative manner the quickest. The skin on the eyelid, under the eye itself and – take a circle and draw it from the centre of the pupil until it touches your hair line above your ears – is pretty much floating above the fluid filled sack of the eye. This means you can also suffer from a sunken in look or a shelf of darkness. Added to that, the nearer you get to the lash, the less oil glands you have so the less ability the skin has to moisturise itself. Not to mention the tens of thousands of times that you blink every day which constantly strengthens and relaxes the skin, causing the crepeyness or eye stretch marks.
I can count on one hand the eye creams that have really impressed me in 30 years, and I can safely say that this is one of them, which is high praise indeed!
Remember when I’m testing out a product, I’m not interested in the hype and to a certain extent, I don’t even trust or am interested in the ingredients or even clinical trial results until I see a result on the skin myself.
When I tested Caudalie’s Premier Cru Eye Cream out last year, I approached potential results with trepidation, especially as it claimed both anti-ageing and firming effects which often, when combined together, can result in neither working particularly well and that dreaded roll off of product happening under your fingertips which means nothing will work at all as it hasn’t sunk in.
After 2 or 3 months of am and pm application, which is how long this product lasted, I can honestly say that the eyes only improved and I had definite anti-ageing, moisturising, hydrating and firming results and a lightening of the look of the dark circles. Added to that, you could put it directly on the eye lid and it has an anti-puffiness ingredient which means you can’t overload it. The soft focussed pearlised powders give instant gratification.
This is now in my ‘Hall of Fame’ for eyes and is one of my ‘go to’ products.
Did you know:
- It contains all of the Caudalie ingredient patents to give their highest performance eye product to date
- It is just as effective on men as women
- Use in the three zones of ageing in the eye, the lid, under the eye and the crows feet to the hairline
- Apply to a drop to the elevens (lines) between the brows to increase the anti-ageing effects of your moisturiser
- Apply a drop around the lip area, especially above the upper lip if you are worried about vertical lines, to increase the results of your moisturisers
- If you have been poorly or had excessive sun bathing so your eyes are extra dry, do an intensive course and increase the number of times you apply in a day ie: step up to four times a day for a quicker result