Hellllooooo there! So I’m back from skiing and in one piece with no injuries. I did it thanks to all the training and a lovely strong core. It was sooo great, the snow conditions were amazing and I couldn’t have asked for a better trip that was drama-free and full of fun. I had really forgotten how much I love skiing, being up the mountain in that cool, fresh pollution-free air, with views for miles around. Sadly after my last ski trip and my big wipe out I’d almost written off the idea of going again, I’d lost my confidence and worried the same would happen again. But I did it, I got back on the horse and rolled the dice again and I’m so pleased I did.
Well I say drama free – I just remembered that after the most delicious lunch at La Croix Blanche near Les Gets on day one, my skis got stolen, what a palaver! Mind you, if you’d have offered me that as the only drama of the trip before I set off, I’d have taken it, thank goodness for insurance! I know skiing isn’t everybody’s idea of a relaxing holiday but I love it!
Once again I armed myself with wonderful QVC UK beauty products making sure that my skin was looked after. This time my top travel items for holidays in all conditions whether it’s snow, sea or sand were…
1. Predominately for the eye area but if travelling really light then use on the whole face – Decleor Hydrotenseur Anti Fatigue Eye Serum. I know Ali Young is a huge fan of this too. I love it for that popcorn effect on the skin and the fine lines and wrinkles. It’s packed with hyaluronic acid too.
2. The Alpha-H Protection Plus Daily is the ultimate protection for the face and neck with an SPF 50+ whilst also delivering intense hydration and an oil-free matte finish. As always I’m not the only person not to suffer red face and burns in total sun exposure conditions. This duo is your anti-ageing best friend and I can’t recommend it highly enough.
3. On top of the Alpha H moisturiser I like to apply a layer of Gatineau Perfection Ultime. It’s where make-up meets skincare and gives my skin that lovely sunkissed glow, whilst drip feeding hydration all day. Doesn’t look like make-up and glides on with a matte finish. Top tip is to go a shade darker for a healthy, tanned look.
4. One of my new favourites in the skincare industry and no doubt about to be a massive success, is the new Eye version of the Perfection Ultime, it’s out of stock at the moment but keep your eyes peeled (excuse the pun) for it reappearing back in stock. One colour suits most.
5. Another newcomer on the scene and one to watch, is by Living Proof. The Dry Volume Blast is for big volume and big results in an instant. Also it has a dry shampoo effect, but adds big bounce at the same time, it’s fab to blast in the hair after skiing, or for a post-beach look. If you’re heading from the beach to the bar for sundowners this has to go with you, and if like me you have fine limp hair but crave the thick volume, this is instant!
Don’t forget to come back to read my next blog because there’s going to be a competition to WIN big! Thanks for taking time to read this. I’d love to hear your travel tips too.
Until next time,