– Fabulous fundraiser – presenters in swim costumes alert!
– Super Sunday brings us all together
– What’s your least favourite movie – a poll
– A sneaky peek especially for Liz Earle fans!
– And the winner of my ‘win a signed copy of my novel’ comp!
Plus a look ahead at the goodies in store on QVC over the next week or so!
CHARITY SWIM – OR SINK – WITH A SHARK!
Who knew that after my Super Sunday launch, I’d be up again the next morning to take part in Julia’s fundraising gala! Now there’ll be lots of other info about this special event both on Jules’ blog (go here) and on QGossip (go here). So I thought I’d just add a couple of other little videos you may not see elsewhere. First, the Lilo team race – team work rules!
Aha! Such good fun, all of it was. Plus it was lovely to meet a few of you guys too! But also the serious side – it helped Jules raise up to £3,000 for her polio charity. And what a trooper she is too. She basically swam double the length of the pool she’s used to, AND she threw in the all-important 101st length into the bargain. Anyone who’s read her splendid book (701946) will know how significant and important that final lap was. Well done Jules – a very worthwhile event. I’m glad I managed to come last in both of my races, and I blame it on the blow-up shark I had to do backstroke with. Well, wouldn’t you?
Ps you can still sponsor or donate, just go to Jules’ fundraising page: uk.virginmoneygiving.com/juliarobertsqvc
Well, despite the good weather and the tennis! – it was a very busy weekend on QVC for our once a year event – not only were there more than 30 Today’s Special offers all on one day, but a rare opportunity to see more than one presenter in the same shot, at the same time! Yes, Jilly, Craig and I launched the spectacular summer extravaganza, Super Sunday, and as you can see from the pic we tweeted in the run up to midnight, we were pretty excited about it! lol. Then from midnight onwards there was a plethora of perfect products to tickle your fancy. Did yours get tickled? If so let me know what did it!? I must admit I had my eye on a pack of those Yankee tea lights. But the salmon was to die for. Soooo delicious. What salmon!? Watch this little extract of no less than FOUR presenters all introducing the evening hours.
And of course for those that don’t know, lots more where that came from every night at midnight! See below (QVC This Week) for some fab highlights.
Winner of comp – Firstly, congrats to the winner of last week’s randomly chosen ‘win a copy of my book’ comp! It’s Kate Wareham from Kettering! Well done hon!
Hawaiian Affair in paperback (steamy version!) will be winging its way to you when I get back from hols! Congrats! And anyone else wanting to buy it can just search under my name on amazon perhaps, or follow this link! (Go here)
Next week – exciting news about an eBook amazon freebie from me, coming up in August!
This week it’s an audio book that's been keeping me company on the long journeys to and from work – and full of the wisdom of a master – it’s Stephen King’s famous ‘On Writing’. Part autobiography – you can really see how he was born to be an author. And part ‘how to’ – with recommendations even down to what kind of writing space to set up for yourself to make yourself focus, plus it includes very hard and fast rules about plot – it's utterly fascinating. Even more so ‘cos it’s narrated by the author himself. Great if you get writer’s block sometimes or just love a good case history! A really good read/ listen, highly recommended.
News – More news and features on my website RiWiSi page here – www.debbieflint.com.
Still to come… 'The Apprentice, The Interviews’; what’s your least fave movie? and sneaky peek for Liz Earle fans!
– Well specially in honour of this week’s charity swim with our very own Julia Roberts – here’s a clip from YouTube reminding us of an earlier incarnation of swimming costume-wearing! Bless her!
– Had a lovely barbeque at my lovely daughter Lauren’s the other day – and really nice it was too – one of the first hot days, and their little garden is quite cool and secluded without being damp or fusty at all. She's settling in well. Am v proud.
– So what DO you do with your kids in the summer? Are you particularly proud of some of your ideas for killing time and keeping the sprogs amused? Brad, Lauren and cousins used to go to a school holiday playgroup/summer daycamp. Although Lauren was quite shy, Brad more outgoing, they both enjoyed it in the end. If you’re stuck, have a look at the pics on this link and see if it inspires you! (go here to find out more).
– So I’ve been doing some more research on ancestry.co.uk and found several more connections and missing links! This marriage certificate was between my dad’s maternal grandparents in the 1890’s! I can’t quite read some of it though – would be lovely to find out what it says – can you make out what address they lived at? And if you’re researching your family tree, how far back have you got? Any tips?
– Did you know, that often you have two unsubscribe links at the bottom of your spam emails? Always make sure you click on both, as soon as you get these unsolicited circulars, so that it prevents them forwarding on your email to others. QVC never sell your info to other people. Hah.
– And finally another lovely Facebook funny for you, doing the rounds a little this week online. This week’s is specially for the single girls amongst us, who love ‘doing a Holly Berry’ and making cake! Enjoy!
WATCH – The Apprentice – THE Finale! OMG, do you love The Apprentice as much as I do? The interviews with Lord Sugar's Rottweilers have to be the absolute best episode of each series! Having watched nearly every one of the 9 series over the last decade, and not just ‘cos they used to include a ‘shopping telly’ task, I’ve become accustomed to the sensationalising of the nation’s favourite 3 month job interview. The edits that make each episode a nail biter, each candidate a ditz or a dunce or a devil. The cutting (scripted?) and funny remarks from Lord S. The stupidity and the salesmanship. Well having been really busy writing the prequel to my novel this week, I didn’t manage to see a movie to review, but I did watch episode 11 of the Apprentice with the interviews! And what a shocker they were too, with favourite Neil Clough refusing to have a plan B so he was fired based on an inadequate business plan! Drama drama, leading to an all girl final – yay! Dont miss next week's finale of The Apprentice on Wednesday (17th). Here’s a taster of the interviews…
Least favourite movie – suggestions please!
But it leads me to a topic circulating on Facebook this week – what’s your LEAST favourite movie – ever? I’m always recommending ones for you to watch but how about ones to avoid?! I have to say my worst waste of time movie ever has to be ‘How to Get Ahead in Advertising’ – about an ad guy’s talking boil on his neck. Yes really. Gets half out of ten. (lowest ever mark!). What’s yours? Who was in it? Don’t forget to tell me why, too! Leave a comment below in the comments box – info at bottom of blog on how to do it if you’re a newbie. If you are, do leave me one this week!
QVC – SNEAKY PEEK
Ok Liz Earle fans! You may have been clever and noticed that there is a new TSV on Saturday 20th? Well there’s so much in it, rather than showing you a little pic of assorted pale aqua toiletries, I’ll list the contents of this one day only bargain! Do make sure you join us if you can!
Plus – keep an eye out for Christmas in July too – it’s fast approaching! (25th, of course! And 24th as well) And there’ll be a fab line up too, some of you will be very pleased.
QVC – THIS WEEK
Just because I’m away for a week, doesn’t mean I can’t have a little nosey and tell you about something that’s going on. For instance, if you’re quick, and read this on the day it comes out (Friday 12th) then you may be in time for the Bibi Bijoux 5 strand plaited charm bracelet that I’ve been wearing on air, it’s Friday’s Today’s Special Value. Then on Sunday it’s another great bareMinerals TSV set and I’m back on Thursday (18th) with two hours of household helpers and cleaning ideas around tea time.
Enjoy your week! I know I will. (BTW the wedding dress fitting with bride-to-be, Kari Kari is not till August – but I will definitely post here when we’ve been!).
Best wishes – and don’t forget your Ultrasun! Hehe!
Don’t forget to leave me a comment below!
P.p.s Keep in touch!
Do follow me on Twitter for behind the scenes updates about upcoming bargains etc!
Twitter – @debbieflint
My QVC facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/DebbieFlintQvc
Via my new website – sign up for regular email newsletters – www.debbieflint.co.uk
Or leave a straightforward comment below – just write your comment, leave your name and your email (kept private), post and there you go! Easy! Looking forward to hearing from you!