As I write this from home I'm keeping a close eye on our puppies Bramble and Misty. They're wearing post-op collars to stop them from nibbling their stitches.
They've been spayed this week and I was just about to write how they're feeling down in the dumps but they're now chasing each other through the hallway! I guess, at least, the collar will serve as a bit of a bumper if they knock into anything. They seem very happy right now!
We're very lucky with our veterinary practice. Our vet clearly adores animals as do the veterinary nurses and the rest of the staff. Our two puppies are always made very welcome and are adored and cared for beautifully.
We opted for keyhole surgery (I'm a devoted follower of Casualty and Holby so I pretend I'm an expert!) which was a complete success and they're clearly onto a speedy recovery! Speaking of Casualty, will Nick Jordan ever return? Hope so!
Misty is now chasing her tail… I think she's getting dizzy!
I promised you the truffle recipe which Jilly our guest has kindly provided! See below. They are well worth making, they taste incredible!
EasiYo chocolate truffles
250g EasiYo cheese – see below for how to make
500g Oreo cookies (or other cream-filled biscuits)
400g milk chocolate
100g dark chocolate
100g white chocolate
- Crush cookies in a blender. Mix cookies with Easiyo cheese in a bowl until there are no traces of white remaining.
- Roll teaspoons of the mixture into balls and place on a baking tray lined with baking parchment. Refrigerate for about an hour.
- Break milk and dark chocolate into pieces, place in microwaveable bowl and melt gradually, checking and stirring frequently until smooth.
- Coat balls thoroughly with the melted chocolate mix and refrigerate again until cool.
- Melt white chocolate and using a fork drizzle over the cooled chocolate balls.
To make Easiyo strained yoghurt cheese:
- Line a sieve or colander with a large coffee filter or muslin cloth and place over a bowl to catch the whey that will slowly drain off of the yoghurt.
- Tip 1 litre of freshly made (but chilled) Easiyo Greek yoghurt into the sieve and then place the bowl with the sieve on top in the fridge for around 24 hours or until most of the whey has drained out of the yoghurt and you are left with a firm cream cheese.
- Weigh out 250g for the truffle recipe above and use the remainder spread on crackers or toast or perhaps mixed with some herbs or chopped nuts.
Having just written the above I think this blog should come with a warning! On reading the recipe I had to nip into the kitchen to devour come milk chocolate with a glass of cold milk… Delicious!
Onto other matters, non food related! I'm looking forward to my next Destination Gems show this Tuesday 12th March at 8pm. This week our destination is Brazil – world renowned for its wonderful and diverse source of gemstone. We have a fabulous line up for you.
I recently met with our buyers and with the producer of the show and they told me they'd just booked a last minute flight to Frankfurt.
One of our suppliers was in touch to tell us how he has secured a beautiful collection of stones at an incredible price. How could we resist! We'll be able to reveal more on the show! Ok, I think I'd better sign off now, the puppies have fallen silent but there's a chewing sound coming from the hallway… hopefully not the little side chair which has been in the family for generations!!