When we first clapped eyes on the new Ninja Master Kitchen System here at Q Towers, we have to admit we were a bit awestruck. This multi-tasker does everything from breaking down whole fruits and veggies for healthy juices to grinding coffee beans or spices, bringing that true gourmet touch to your kitchen. It’s also terrific for any avid bakers out there that need a fast mixer they can rely on.
The best part is, the system is also incredibly easy to use! Even so, our in-house chef and kitchen expert, Jo-Anne, has come up with a few extra hints and tips to enhance your Ninja Master experience:
- When making cakes, cookies, or bread dough, pour in the liquid to the unit first and then add the dry ingredients to prevent any dry ingredients not being mixed in properly
- If you haven’t got any ice for your smoothie or cold drinks, use frozen fruit. The fruit will add extra sweetness as well as chill your drink
- The Ninja Blades are extremely sharp, so if you’re cleaning them in the dishwasher, place the corresponding jug upside down over the blades – this will remind you of the blade and help prevent any accidents when emptying the dishwasher
Jo has also put together a couple of fabulous recipes which are ideal for testing out your Ninja Master. Read on for some serious gastro inspiration!
Hot Smoked Salmon Pâté
- 2 fillets hot smoked salmon (skin removed)
- 100g crème fraiche
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp horseradish sauce
- Pinch salt
- Pinch black pepper
- Place the all the ingredients into the Ninja and blend on low until the desired consistency is reached
- Adjust the seasoning to taste and serve with your choice of accompaniment
Once made, simply pack this delicious snack into your picnic basket along with bread sticks, crudités or crusty bread, and find the perfect spot to relax and enjoy. The hardest part will be making sure you leave some for everybody else.
Bananas Foster Milkshake
- 250g sugar
- 60g butter
- 200ml double cream
- 10g butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 bananas
- 284ml (1/2 pint) skimmed milk
- 2 scoops of vanilla ice-cream
- Heat sugar in a saucepan over medium heat until it transforms to a thick brown, amber-coloured liquid as you continue to stir. Be careful not to burn the caramel
- Once sugar is completely melted, immediately add the cream a little at a time, whisking constantly and carefully as the caramel will bubble rapidly when the cream is added
- Once all the cream has been added, stir the butter into the caramel until it is completely melted
- Pour into a lidded container and allow to cool completely
- Melt the butter in a frying pan, add the cinnamon and bananas and cook until the bananas have softened (for about 3-5 minutes), and allow to cool slightly
- In the Ninja Pitcher, add the bananas, skimmed milk, ice cream and some of the caramel sauce
- Select the frozen drinks and smoothies button
- Serve with some more caramel sauce and enjoy!
Check out the Ninja Master page on our website for more information (and delicious recipes)!