I hope you’ve managed to keep dry in the torrential downpours we’ve had lately. Driving on the motorway to QVC has been a bit hairy the past few days I can tell you! Also, dog walking has been a fairly soggy affair. I kind of like a bit of proper rain though and the garden certainly needed it – apart from my poor roses that were looking so lovely and have now taken a proper battering!
Speaking of dog walking, on Sunday Lawrence and I decided to take Monty on a really good long walk to tire him out – he plotted a route (I am useless in this regards) and off we went for a two and a half hour walk. It was lovely but slightly adventurous – I don’t think the footpaths we were on were used very often and they were really overgrown. They also took us through some farms and fields and as you can see from the photo, the bean crops are pretty high! Alright for Lawrence who is really tall but it was head height for me a lot of the way and very narrow. Not the most comfortable but it did make us laugh. I think Monty was quite bemused by the whole thing too.
Last blog I looked at my holiday essentials and, seeing as June is Beauty Month, I thought I would share my make-up/beauty essentials to inspire you. Beauty Month means that all beauty items in our event have their P&P reduced to £1.95 so it’s a great time to stock up. So, here are some of my on-air must haves for make-up…
We are so lucky as presenters to have fabulous make-up artists look after us and make us look glam for the telly and doubly lucky that we get to use such great quality make-up from the QVC inventory. These are a sample of some of the items the girls most regularly use to paint my face! I’ll run through them if you’d like to get a hold of them yourself.
- Tarte Tartlette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadow Palette – This is a completely matte set with no shine or glitter and it is so useful as a base for more glam looks or if you want to go more natural/daytime. I’d say if you’ve not bought a palette before this would be a good starting place because it has all the basics from super light to dark and dramatic. It’d be a great gift for a younger girl just getting into make-up because the quality is great too.
- Tarte Tartlette Toasted Eyeshadow Palette – Another fab Tarte palette but this time you get some more glam shadows. Love this because they have quite neutral base colours but some of them have real shimmer and glitter – so glam!
- Tarte Rainforest of The Seas Quench Lip Rescue Trio Vol. II – These are fairly sheer lippies and I would say they are half way between a lipstick and a balm but they are such a treat for your lips. I often get very dry lips so the make-up girls sometimes layer other, dryer colours with these too so that my lips don’t go flaky. I love these for everyday wear and have sung their praises before many a time!
- IT Cosmetics Full Coverage SPF 50 CC+ Cream – I mentioned this in the last blog and it is a real hero product for me. I never used to wear foundation and I hated the way it felt on my skin when I had to wear it for telly work in the past but this has been a revelation and now I wear it every day. It says full coverage and it absolutely can be but, day-to-day I use a minimal amount to get a fairly sheer coverage so my summer freckles still come out! On air the make-up girls use a bit more (and I am very thankful for that under those lights) but it still doesn’t feel heavy on my skin. I use fair but on air we sometimes mix it with light too so my pale face doesn’t blend into our lovely white QVC studios – bright lights are not that friendly to those of us with paper white skin!
- It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Pressed Silk Powder – I get REALLY shiny, you’ve probably seen me on air with a bit of shine on – the building is warm, I’m rushing around and all of a sudden I’m shining like a beacon! This powder is really my favourite to keep a handle on the shine. Ali Young gave me my first one from her kit when I was getting powdered for the millionth time one day and I’ve not looked back. It doesn’t sit on your skin and look all dry like other powders and, for me, it keeps the shine away longer than anything else I have used.
- Doll 10 Universal Brow Fix – does what it says on the tin! I like a natural brow, nothing too dark and when I saw the ‘Universal’ shade I thought it would never work for me but it does. Normal day-to-day it can be applied lightly so it looks natural, but when you want to go more glam you just add more – so simple and ours comes with the brush for perfect application too!
- Becca Luminous Blusher in Snapdragon – When I first saw the shade of this blusher my reaction was “don’t put that anywhere near my face!” because the colour looks so bright and a bit scary when you are as pasty as me. But, I was proved wrong and I wear it a lot on air – you just need a tiny bit and blend it well and it gives a beautiful glowy flush. Also that means it will last for aaages! I’ve had mine for month and months and it looks new still.
Obviously there are plenty more products I use regularly for on-air but we’d be here all day. A couple more things that I love are the Doll10 5 Piece High Shine Liquid lip (the colours are really strong and it’s a gloss style that really stays) and Laura Geller liners – you’ve probably noticed that I won’t be without my eyeliner and the ones I use are the Baked Kajal Trio but actually the Doll 10 pencils are fab too. I honestly could go on for hours but I’ll stop here!
Do have a look at the last blog too as there are more beauty must-haves and new-ins on there too – take full advantage of the Beauty Month offers with that £1.95 P&P!
Don’t forget there is an Ultrasun Big Deal this week too which is great value (again, I mentioned them on my last blog) and check out the Style Big Deal from Frank Usher – it’s comfy, there’s a bit of sparkle and it’s a great outfit builder. That one was selling fast when I was in on Monday so make sure you get yours.
I’d love to know your absolute favourite make-up items you’ve got from QVC so let me know in the comments which ones you swear by.
Enjoy the rest of your week.