Plus what happened when I had a puppy party, and Richard Jackson gives me gardening tips… check out what he found in a pot in my garden! Also Spectre – film review.
LOVELY LULU, LOLA AND LEE LEE – SATURDAY NIGHT SHOW FUN! But first, if you missed my turn in the hot seat last week, featuring the superstar Lulu with the last of her Pick of the Month plus a bit of Lulu Guinness, Will’s little Lola dog, and my lovely – highly competitive (!) – telly hubby Lee Hohbein! We had lots of fun, including Lulu sharing skincare tips on the sofa with Fiona from Decleor – see below for the teaser of Fiona’s new Today’s Special Value next Saturday. And also Ruth with her Perfect Formula nails, our best deal for five bottles of this nail strengthener is here if you want long nails by Xmas. So for those who missed it, here is the whole show –
But meanwhile watch this two minute clip of the Saturday Showdown – ever seen cake decorating like this?!
Hehe! One up for the team! My lovely ‘telly-hubby’ Lee was also chosen to do the Two of a Kind ‘pairs’ game, and he did really well on that too – winning £50 for the viewer to spend on QVC. I actually bought the Amazon Fire tablet because I get so much TV and audiobooks and music, and of course all my own steamy romances are published on there. You could maybe get an eBook for kindle which is built in to the Fire tablet, or a paperback. Choose from my ‘Hawaiian Trilogy’ or the spoof journal ‘Diary of a Wannabe Shopping Channel Presenter’ (which is a bit like a Bridget Jones journal based in a fictional shopping channel!) or one of the short stories, talking of which, see below for a freebie eBook!
Anyway, do watch The Saturday Night Show at (8pm-9pm) with Craigy and call in – you never know, it could be you winning the competition!
It will also be Lulu’s Time Bomb’s last day on Pick of the Month, (go here to get the fabulous Lulu’s Collagen Bomb serum to boost your existing moisturiser, but order before Sunday, for free P&P!).
Also, don’t forget to tune in to Diamonique Gifts with me at 7pm, and I’ll be with the lovely Rosa from Yankee at 10pm for the final show – will her Today’s Special Value be sold out by then?
HALLOWE’EN Of course this Saturday it’s also the annual spookfest, so here are some ‘treats’ for you…
- FREEBIE EBOOK – ‘WHEN DREAMS RETURN’ – it’s only free from 29th till 1st – see below!
- Clever Creepy Illusion How cool is this idea?! Just take a pic of a face squashed flat on a photocopier then pop it in a jar! Funny! Put it under your arm for a superb trick at a fancy dress party.
- Another fab jib-jab specially for Hallowe’en courtesy of Mr Hohbein again!
- Gommage Ghoul! And here’s my contribution! It was my day off and I had a lovely indulgent evening, including listening to the crackling noise as the Gatineau Gommage finally set into a superb plasticky mask and could be pulled off! Ghastly and delightful! Haha! And you wonder why I’m single… lol.
SOCIAL MEDIA UPDATE
Top updates this week –
Last week’s Book of the Week via last week’s blog, go here.
- QuizMaster Patrick: Quacker’s top guy hosted our first online ‘virtual pub quiz’ and we raised £358 for my charity Medical Detection Dogs – it will pay for two weeks’ training for a cancer detection dog. If you like quizzes, go here to take it if you want to see how many you would have got – it’s just for fun! Ali Young our beauty expert donated the ‘old school way’. Lol! And keep in touch for the next one by subscribing to my newsletter on my website – see below.
- R-Jax Does Debs Garden part 1 – Thanks to Will Gowing for his excellent video shot in my garden with our lovely Richard Jackson who says he nearly got poisoned by ‘milkgate’ – frozen skimmed milk which still had lumps of ice in! Will took one look and said he wanted it black… but Richard gave me some really useful tips! This week, Lilies, Witch Hazel, Hydrangeas etc. Part two next week!
[Having trouble viewing this video? See YouTube’s Help page]
- DOGGY UPDATE – This week the BBC report on my lovely charity Medical Detection Dogs was posted on BBC online – it really sets the picture as to why their work is so important. And watch out – it shows one of the clever dogs alerting his owner in the middle of a high-blood sugar episode. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-34607818
- Puppy Partyyyyyy! Best update from my Facebook page this week – the Puppy Party I had at my house, with neighbours and their dogs! This is little Maggie next door wearing a Harrington’s green bow tie, from the pack I sent off to mark the launch of their new wet dog food – OMG the dogs all loved them! Go here to see all the pics. My 3 labradors are currently using Millington’s Dry Dog Food from us here at QVC – imagine being able to give your dogs a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee to see if they like a product too. It’s very much like a much more expensive dog food mine love, so I’m glad to get this and save some money. Order item 506467 here and let your dog do the taste test!
- WEBCHATS – whilst web chats with guests can be found regularly on my Facebook page, (link below) it’s just two weeks till the new Friday evening Deb’s Friday Picks web chat slot on QVC UK’s Facebook page, 6pm Fridays in the run up to Christmas! It will feature some super bargains. In fact, here’s a teaser to whet your appetite! 🙂
TEASER – Can You Guess? Which product am I talking about? Many of my family will be getting Slankets this Christmas from me, (shhh don’t tell!) but this is better for walking around. One lady on Facebook said she’d got it for after the gym as the nights get colder! It’s available in 6 colours still but only whilst stocks last! What am I talking about? See ‘Deb’s Friday Picks’ below!
Jilly’s Dressing Room Shocker! OK well, Alison Young’s responsible for most of the mess! Thought I’d post a pic of their room, since Jilly’s been relegated to cushions on the floor there’s so much mess everywhere! Just in case anyone ever thought their room looked a state! Bless Jilly, completely oblivious! Haha!
Saturday Lunch with my Kids Had a lovely get together with my two, Bradley and Lauren, and their partners Nick and Kari, on Saturday. Always lovely to have a get together. Was pleased to hear I will be having Brad and Kari over on Xmas Eve night, to be with me on Christmas morning this year. It was Lauren’s turn last year but she and Nick are going off to his parents this year. Very glad I’m not on my own though. It would be fine, I’d prob go to my sister’s, but nicer this way. You?
Beauty Bash Update Yes the tickets will also be going on sale again this year, early December. I hope to be bringing you more news as it happens, especially via my social media and my new Facebook QVC page webchat on Friday evenings straight after Julia’s ‘Fashion on Friday’ show from the 13th November.
WATCH – Spectre Well I couldn’t resist hopping along to the cinema to see the latest outing for 007, Daniel Craig-style. He was, as usual, pretty hunky and played Bond a bit more like the old school style Roger Moore era. With more traditionally Bond-esque gadgets and chases and girls, it really harks back to the 70s era for me. There’s more than a little Scaramanga and Blofeld to this one. Dozens of ‘but why’ moments in the plot, but if you go expecting a jolly jape instead of a more heavyweight adventure, you won’t be disappointed. Alison, my sis-in-law thought it was great. I won’t be seeing this again, but glad I caught it – probably a 7.75 out of ten. Ben Whishaw was fab as gadget guy Q, by the way.
Book of the Week – ‘Call Nurse Millie’ If you’re new to my blogs, I do a book of the week – I have loved bringing you recommendations for books I’ve also read, not just written! I’ve recently got into the Nurse Millie 1940s series by the lovely author, Jean Fullerton, who writes about East End working class heroines. ‘Call Nurse Millie’ introduces the district nurse who fights for fairness during events in an unfair post-war world, including her own love life… go here to find out more and get links. Next Week, the new one by Robert Galbraith aka J K Rowling!
Hallowe’en Freebie! Just until 1st November my spooky short novella When Dreams Return is free on Ebook from amazon –When Chelle is persuaded by Sara to use an ancient book of magic spells to conjure up her ideal man, what happens next is the last thing Chelle expected… For a girl whose artwork depends upon her elusive dreams for inspiration, will the supernatural goings-on be a nightmare, or the answer to her prayers? Also if you’re stocking up on eBooks, don’t forget there is an anthology of 13 short stories and novellas called – Hocus Pocus ’14, including the above. Just search my name on Amazon or get links here!
CHOC LIT NEWS! MY PAPERBACK OUT DECEMBER 7TH IN SHOPS! As you may know as an author I have a writing deal with UK publisher, Choc Lit. Well, here is the confirmation, my first ever steamy romance, part of the ‘Hot Choc Lit’ imprint at my publishers, is definitely going to be in some bookshops from December 7th! Yay! Just so you know, it was originally called ‘Hawaiian Affair’ and was renamed ‘Take a Chance on Me’ and released by Choc Lit and became a Top 50 Bestseller in the UK Kindle chart earlier this year. Well now it’s going to be out in paperback – great for Christmas pressies if you like a bit of raunch! Lol. Am very, very excited. It’ll be the moment I’ve dreamed about all my life, when I can go into a shop, e.g. WHSmith’s travel (rail stations and airports) and see my own book on the shelf! Squeee! Here’s the page to find out where from.
That’s this week’s Book News – especially for those who got the Amazon Fire Tablet featuring Kindle, on QVC last weekend!
BLOOPERS – Well this was quite funny with Gill Gauntlett during a Xmas show, listen…
… But – omg – Jackie Kabler wins for funniest blooper this week for this one – she was so funny with Caroline from Liz Earle last weekend. Slip of the tongue or what!
This week on QVC –
- Saturday – it’s the long-awaited Yankee Candle Advent Calendar two pack!
- Sunday – the Instyler Tulip curler is back which twirls your strands of hair curly all on its own!
- In the week ahead – we feature sneaky peeks of the Today’s Special Values for Price’s Candles five jar candles and 90 tea lights xmas gift pack on Wed 4th; the Honora set of three drop earrings Today’s Special Value (Friday 6th) and the Decleor five-piece iris and hydrafloral set on Saturday 7th.
Plus – Sunday 1st is Beauty Day! Join me at 3pm for Benefit Christmas Gifts, featuring their brand new Pick of the Month – two of their award-winning mascaras, on free P&P!
Also Flora Mare, L’Occitane, SBC and more. Plus bareMinerals begin their mini series this week (10pm nightly, 3-5th) with lots of special offers. And Deb’s Friday Picks are at the bottom – see below.
Next week – a welcome break at Champneys spa weekend with my pal, Goody, and a Decleor facial plus a sneaky peek of this year’s Elemis Christmas Today’s Special Value (15th) and it’s … scent-sational!
Go to my own website for full info about my novel writing, my Read it Write it Sell it blog and my Back to You show blog and well-being info, plus ‘Till the Fat Lady Slims’ weight loss book and also my charity for which I’m delighted to be an ambassador, Medical Detection Dogs, just go via my website, www.debbieflint.com
OR do leave me a comment below – just state your email address (not shown), a name, and comment!
PPS* Deb’s Friday Picks –
The product in my teaser above is of course the Cozee Home Angel Plush Zip up Wrap, 56 out of 62 x 5* reviews – wow! Go here to get one for anybody who feels the cold in winter, even for sitting in bed and to save some electricity bill and some frozen fingers! More on the first Friday Webchat 13th November.