Well December is here and Christmas looming – how’s the Christmas shopping going? I must confess that I’ve been so busy recently that I haven’t been as organised this year as I normally am, so this week I sat down and had a good old browse of the QVC website and finally got round to ordering some gifts. I found some fabulous things, so I thought I’d share them with you in case you need some inspiration, or are struggling to find the right present for that certain someone! So here, in no particular order, are my current top ten picks!
1. The Live Clever Heated Clothes and Shoes Airer. Dries your clothes quickly and far more economically than a tumble dryer. Great idea!
GIVE TO: anyone who doesn’t have an outside space for a washing line and struggles to get their laundry dry, or anyone who just wants speedy drying!
2. The Celebration Locket from Kelly Hoppen. An old fashioned locket with a modern twist, with a gemstone (ruby or white sapphire) embedded in the front for extra sparkle. The designer is celebrating 40 years in the business and the word “memories” is engraved on the back of this lovely piece.
GIVE TO: someone you love, have made memories with or would like to make memories with. Pop a photo of yourself inside, or maybe a photo of the recipient’s child, parent or grandparent. Beautiful.
3. And staying with jewellery, the Leather Wrap Charm Bracelet from Pilgrim comes in two colours and two sizes and it’s cool, funky and stylish.
GIVE TO: someone who likes slightly edgy pieces which make them stand out from the crowd. (Or to me. I love this bracelet!)
4. The set of two Christmas Hat Boxes from Yankee Candle. Two gorgeous boxes, each containing 12 votive candles in six different fragrances.
GIVE TO: anyone who loves candles. Anyone who loves quirky boxes they can keep and use for storage afterwards. Or even someone who doesn’t know much about candles, so they get a chance to sample lots of different fragrances in one lovely gift.
5. I always think scarves are great gifts as there are no sizing issues so I found two I love. First the super glam faux fur one from Frank Usher – just fabulous, dahling!
GIVE TO: anyone who likes to look a little Hollywood red carpet from time to time.
6. And then the very clever hooded scarf from Muk Luks. A hood and a scarf in one! Practical, cosy, stylish.
GIVE TO: I think this has a funky, youthful look about it. I’d give it to my nieces, or anyone who’s a bit of a fashionista.
7. I can’t write a Christmas gift list without including my fave brand Cozee Home. The set of two ultra fluffy throws is great value, and they are just divinely soft and cuddly. Plus, this could be two separate gifts, so even better value!
GIVE TO: the person whose home is their sanctuary, who loves to snuggle up and be warm and cosy.
8. The 20-piece mini nail polish collection from OPI. An amazing selection of cream, metallic and shimmer polishes in every shade you can imagine and all presented in a lovely gift box.
GIVE TO: any beauty/makeup addict!
9. The 70s-style Flower bread Bin from Orla Kiely. How cool is this? Perfect to brighten up any kitchen.
GIVE TO: anyone who loves retro styles. Or maybe somebody who’s setting up a new home, or planning to redecorate. You could base a fabulous colour scheme around this bread bin!
10. And finally, our gardening expert Richard Jackson’s stunning Gardener’s Diary for 2017. Glorious full colour, glossy photos, and loads of superb gardening tips. His diaries get better every year in my view, and this one is just wonderful.
GIVE TO: any gardener. Or anyone who loves beautiful pictures of gardens and flowers.
Love Jackie x