- Xmas with the family – festive traditions and favourite moments
- Blooper of the Year makes it to It’ll be Alright on the Night!
- And Sneaky Peeks at upcoming bargains!
AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT!
How was your Xmas break? Mine was, as usual, rather full of fab Flint-family fun. I’ve been off since Sunday 22nd, as I’m working most of next week. So I got some quality time at home chez moi. And chez my sis! Presents were wrapped, tree decked, cards finished and I was ready to start the festivities!
- Xmas Eve It’s been a hectic couple of weeks, so with my four coming to me, I opted out of cooking and clearing up the night before Xmas. Instead, I took my clan – my son Brad and daughter Lauren and their partners Kari and Nick – to the nearby gastro pub for a lovely meal together.
So glad I did – The Wotton Hatch did us proud! And it was lovely to have them all with me for Xmas morning too. I did do a big breakfast for us the next morning tho’, before unwrapping all our pressies – including my super iPad mini bundle – thank you family!
- Then we all went off to my sister Linda’s for our usual family meal – ‘only’ 16 of us for dinner this Xmas Day! And a full house as usual as you can see here.
[Having trouble viewing this video? See YouTube's Help page]
- Linda's Xmas Tree – As ever, their house was warm and welcoming and her Xmas Tree put us all to shame! She and her lovely family play the perfect hosts each year – we’re very lucky to all get together so often.
And a big game of Articulate afterwards, and nephew Dean’s annual music quiz! I failed the ‘rock music’ round dismally and we came 3rd – lol.
- Boxing Day Walk – beware fallen trees! And once it was all over, and we’d retired back to mine, off we went for a lovely long walk. Whilst the storms happened before and after, Boxing Day at least was a bright sunny day. Brad, Lauren and I found we were clambering around several casualties of the gales though – like this big tree that had fallen right across the footpath on the Wotton Estate!
So how was your Xmas? How many people were you with for Xmas dinner? Who can beat 16?!
OK so I found out from lovely Simon Withington at ITV that the classic blooper of me accidentally squirting the No! No! cream in my mouth has made it to the new 'It’ll be Alright on the Night' – watch out for it on the 5th on ITV! Lol! And if not, here it is again in full. Also if you join me on New Year’s Eve there are bound to be some more little videos and highlights of the year too!
READ IT WRITE IT SELL IT – My Weekly Look at All Things Book
And a final RiWiSi Go Large on my own website for you – including Amazon’s top titles from 2013, and a fascinating story of how one author wrote for a niche romance genre and her sales sky-rocketed. And the story of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer!
Plus, a reminder of my own novels! As promised, that Hawaiian Extra (steamy) chapter is going to be available by December 31st too – don’t forget to keep checking on Amazon and on my website www.debbieflint.com !
Another Book of the Week from next week onwards!
- If you liked ‘goats up trees’ a few weeks back, you might like this – an almost impossible feat, you must agree! (And thanks to Nigel Vokes for contribution!) click here for more!
- As you probably know, I’m single, and have a little project in mind for 2014 (more in due course…) In the meantime, for those thinking of finding a partner, but the usual methods haven’t worked, Drawing Down the Moon have a special offer 2nd – 18th January – up to 30% off their usual joining fees for London and the South East ‘intelligent singles’. I’m not on it but saw an email about this so thought I’d mention it whilst I’m working on something… It’s a more old-fashioned introduction agency. More here!
- What’s your ‘posh Victorian name’? Take grandparent’s first name, add your current or past road name, and double barrel it with your first head teacher (or teacher you can remember)! Mine’s Beatrice HomeMeadow-Tomlin – what’s yours?!
WATCH – ‘Brave’ from Disney was one of my fave films from yuletide viewing – currently playing on Sky movies. I watched it on Boxing Day night with my lovely daughter Lauren as we had a little girlie night and were both pleasantly surprised by this clever animation with some unexpected twists and some excellent vocal performances – including from Billy Connolly and Emma Thompson.
The refreshing story of a mother-daughter tale involving a witch’s spell gone wrong, magic wisps, and a giant bear – or two. Gets a fun 8 out of ten from me – and Lauren!
Did you see anything you thought was particularly amazing? There was a lot, of course, and much of it’s still available on catch up – so go on, spill!
Sneaky peek – two for you! First a teaser of the upcoming new Beauty Product of the Month from 1st January – the supersize of Gatineau’s Anti-Ageing Mask – highly reviewed, effective, and fab value to help replenish your skin after the excesses of xmas! And a little look ahead at the new Liz Earle bargain coming in a couple of weeks’ time, when I’ll hopefully be bringing you a fabulous competition prize!
Women with Control TSV
Here's Will with Renee and new guest Donna Couling to show us the colours and tell us more about their TSV!
This week – join me for a wonderful New Year’s Eve TSV launch as Jodie Prenger brings us her new fitness DVD to help see in 2014, and start how you mean to go on. After all, we all do, don’t we? Maybe this time we can ‘go on’ and not just ‘start’! lol.
Plus some fab bargains from Aero-pilates on Sunday (29th), plus a Sweet Dreams sale hour Monday at 9pm. Then on New Year’s Day I’m on again at midnight with a fab twin pack of Women With Control slim leg trousers and several other outlet hours throughout that day too (2nd). More info from our home page TV guide of course, where you can look ahead a couple of weeks.
Back to You – and don’t forget on Monday 6th my ‘new year new you’ show starts, called ‘Back to You’ to help you focus on yourself after the manic festive period is over!
NEXT WEEK – some of the highlights of the year as I look back at 2013 with the first blog of the new year! Have a good one! And do join me on New Year’s Eve if you’re not an ‘auld lang syne’ person!
Best wishes and Happy New Year!
Luv Debs X
P.P.S. Keep in touch! Do follow me on Twitter for behind the scenes updates about upcoming bargains etc!
Twitter – @debbieflint
My QVC facebook page – click ‘like’- https://www.facebook.com/DebbieFlintQvc
Via my new website – sign up for regular email newsletters – www.debbieflint.co.uk
Or leave a straightforward comment below – just write your comment, leave your name and your email (kept private), post and there you go! Easy! Looking forward to hearing from you!
To read more blogs from Debbie Flint, go here