Benefit have over 40 years of heritage so my favourite phrase has always been because they look so trendy and up to date, every generation feels like they have discovered it. If you are buying for a teenager they will be in awe and thrilled that you know such a trend-setting brand, or for all of us that have seen many years of mascara’s come and go, this really does give a different result and both these mascaras are completely different to each other.
The curling brush on Roller Lash helps to find every little fine hair and curls them with an inbuilt setting lotion combined with the tiny, thin – almost like rolling pin – fine comb brush which really opens up the eye and is also great on a fine or a thin lash or a pale colour lash because it’s easy to get to the very base of the hair.
The They’re Real mascara wowed the world literally with this new formulation and brush giving you the look of false lashes without clumping with just a couple of strokes. This is a fantastic opportunity to get the UK’s top selling premium mascara, which is also globally recognised as the most popular premium mascara in high streets all around the world.
Together, these could be used in so many different ways and could really open up your eyes!
To try some new fashion looks:
1. For a bright-eyed, fresh look during the winter with your woolly hats and fresh complexions, use the Roller Lash on upper and lower lashes, focusing on back lighting with either lid concealers or pale shadow colours which will help to give a look of a bright, fresh eye
2. To step it up for a more sophisticated drink out or lunch with the girls, use Roller Lash on the lower lashes and They’re Real on the upper lashes to give a more lifting definition
3. For all out fluttering glamour, use the They’re Real on top of Roller Lash to get a lifted, curled and lengthened eye that gives a really weighty fringed look, fantastic for going out, perfect with a strong winged liner or where you need to balance your lash definition against a strong, winter shadow
4. For Christmas day, speed and glamour, when time to get ready is at a premium, flood your upper and lower eye lashes with a couple of coats of They’re Real, the thickness and definition that this will give, especially to the base of the lash, means when you don’t have time, you can go completely without eye liner and shadow
5. For eye lifting techniques, try Roller Lash on all lashes and They’re Real on the upper lashes outside third to emphasis or create a more almond or sweeping shape to your eye. This looks fab for a more dressed but still very effortless look and is a good anti-ageing technique for either a hooded eye or any red- bleary eyed looks after new year
6. Alternate Roller Lash to give a more sophisticated look, maybe save this for work days and pull out your They’re Real on days off and nights out when you really want to glam it up
The bottom line is, these both work. Enjoy the effects and go back to having fun with make-up, because at the end of the day, it is meant to make us feel happier – so enjoy it.
When it comes to taking these mascara’s off, they are best with oil-based formula removers or cream-based cleanser such as your Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish, Elemis Pro-Radiance Cream Cleanser or Elemis Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm.
Although not officially called waterproof, they are both water-resistant, and with modern day technology, I find that these up-to-date formulas can be used on holidays and rainy days and don’t smudge the way that products did a few years ago.
Remember my top tip – if you follow my shows regularly – is: for those that have either an oily eye lid or wear a lot of eye cream (or sometimes from residue from an oily cleanser from the night before) it’s best to flick over the lid with a loose powder before mascara application, as this helps to absorb any excess oils or waxes and helps your mascara to fix quicker.
P.s. You can also enter our Benefit competition to win a whole host of Benefit goodies.