Hello, I hope you’re all well.
What is going on with this weather? Maybe it’s sunny where you are but in London it just seems to be raining! Come on sunshine!! We miss you!!
So it’s been Beauty Month here at the Q, and we were asked to tell you about our beauty must haves…
Obviously this is quite hard but the bare basics, ones I use every week, if not every day are…
1. Philip Kingsley Elasticizer… never without this! It’s amazing for treating your hair, and turning back the clock on colour and heat damage.
2. Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturiser in medium – this gives great coverage whilst also moisturising and has SPF. I sometimes wear this on air.
3. Laura Geller Lashbox Max Mascara – which comes in the Five-Piece Sun Catcher Make-Up Collection, I love the depth of black in the formula and the brush is fantastic, you can’t miss any lashes!
4. Bareminerals Endless Summer Bronzer – every day sun kissed glow, and very buildable, whilst being kind to your skin.
5. OPI ProSpa Oil – I use this practically every day on my cuticles and nails. This set comes with the amazing Bubble Bath Nail Envy.
6. Murad Hydro Dynamic Ultimate Moisturiser – I have sensitive and dry skin, so my skin loves this!!
7. Elemis Cleansing Micellar Water – use every day to take of my makeup, shifts even heavy eye makeup and my skin doesn’t feel dry afterwards.
8. Isle of Paradise Faux Tan for Face – I’ve just discovered this and I love it! My skin doesn’t react, it feels velvety after using, it smells amazing and it doesn’t make me orange!
9. Ultrasun – the only sun care brand I use on myself and the family. One application, no prickly heat, I love it! There are lots of different options so check out the website for the one that works for you and your family. Scott likes the Sports Gel.
Obviously the list is endless but these are a few.
However beauty isn’t just about cosmetics and skin care. I have a stunning purple poppy that has sprouted in the front garden, it’s nearly as big as the kids and it’s stunning.
And the roses out the front have been amazing this year.
So whilst we obviously want to look and feel our best, sometimes we need to get out and take stock of what’s around us. There’s beauty everywhere.
I’ve had a massive loft clear out… if you follow me on Social Media you will be aware that I had a bit of a rough journey last year trying to add a third to our family. Unfortunately it’s not happened and I’ve made peace with that, I’m incredibly blessed to have my two. I had though saved EVERY bit of baby stuff just in case, and now that the journey is over I’ve had a sort out and lots of bits are going to family members. My brother is about to have a little girl, well not him but his partner Ellie, so I’ve got heaps for them and there are two huge bags for charity.
It feels really good to have made that space, physically, as we can now actually get to things in the loft space, but also mentally. It was a task I had been dreading but actually it was lovely to know everything is going to family and I kept some little bits as keepsakes.
As you can see I kept all the clothes in vac seal bags, which means even though some bits are six years old they’re still in perfect condition.
We also have a Travel Set to help with your suitcase that you can take the air out of by rolling, instead of using a vacuum cleaner.
Thanks for reading my blog!
Lots of love,