This week –
– Mondays at 9pm… get ready for Back to You through September!
– Best comp ever – over £430 worth of products!
– Steaming n stripping at daughter’s new house
– Michaela from Gatineau – first pics of baby Milo
– And Safety and Security show– ones with science-fiction-like controls!
– Plus more sneaky peeks from Elemis, Red Carpet Manicure and Yankee Candle new TSV bargain!
Firstly, for Friday readers, don’t forget Ali Young on the 9pm (on 29th) Customer Beauty Awards results show! Good luck to all our brands!
BACK TO YOU RETURNS!
Well it’s nearly here! After seven months of waiting since its January debut, our well-being show is back this Monday at 9pm (1st September) bringing you the chance to return to your former self, whatever version that may be!
There’s going to be a weekly 9pm show on a Monday through most of September, plus an amazing competition – biggest ever! And the option to join our support group on Facebook – full info being posted on Tuesday (2nd) on here telling you all about the show and an insight into what’s in store over the next month!
Find out how to enter my Back to You comp here.
Go here to my special Back to You page on my website to see extra info about the live chat on Facebook just before the show each week, and who’s going to join the chat in the weeks to come.
One of the nicest things has been that people have made some amazing friends, great discoveries and turned some impressive corners. Like a lady called Debbie.
STUNNING RESULTS – TTFLS STRIKES AGAIN
It’s not only my own slimmer shape that’s due to Freedom Eating (the method explained in my TTFLS book), I’ve recently heard from several other lovely ladies with their testimonials, including these pics from Debbie Sinclair Bunn.
Since January (first pic) she’s been completely transforming her own shape after reading ‘Till the Fat Lady Slims ‘- the second pic was July. Hers is an inspiring story which gives hope, she says, to anyone over 50 with a mobility scooter who thought they would never lose weight. Do read more here, plus see a link to the original book, currently on offer. Watch out for the revised version coming mid September : ‘TTFLS 2.0 – The When Diet.’ (Plus if you’ve used it too, and if YOU have a story, let me know!)
Also on last Monday’s B2U blog –
– What happened when Adele from SBC joined our live chat, along with Louise from Camouflage Company
– Too much screen time may damage your brain! Oh ohhh!
– And Prof Robert Lustig in another video about how harmful sugar is
– Click here to read it all
READ IT WRITE IT SELL IT – RiWiSi – my weekly look at all things book!
My very first headline on the digital copy of The Bookseller – very proud this week, I can tell you! What a TiFFT* this one is! (The announcement about my publishing deal with Choc Lit recently, was here on my website RiWiSi page). There, you will also be able to subscribe to my newsletter for info on the upcoming Hallowe’en short story anthology FREEBIE! And you’ll be the first to know things in future.
Plus find out about:
– Audio book of the week – Lee Child’s brand new Jack Reacher novel, ‘Personal’
– Paperback is out! Link to Hawaiian Retreat, third in the trilogy of my steamy romances
– How to make a living by writing – a seminar
– Ralph Honora and his connection to the new Jennifer Aniston film
– And links to all my novels, short stories and other titles on eBook
– Click here for more
OMG what a state Lauren and Nick’s new place was in! When they began decorating last weekend, every carpet was covered in cat hairs and every wall and ceiling stained with nicotine. They banned me from entering till most of it was cleared or I’d have got asthma!
I was debating whether or not to go help anyway, but decided feeling guilty was better than feeling ill! Anyway, soon after, it was all hands on deck to begin the stripping and steaming and scraping in my daughter and her boyfriend’s 1800’s house. It’s going to be a long autumn, I think, but it’ll all be worth it in the end.
Trouble is, every night, when I’ve been there for a few hours, when I close my eyes I can only see bits of steamed wallpaper hanging off the wall!
Their garden was also the scene of my dunking – video is here if you haven’t had enough of the ice challenges by now! And do donate if you think it was worth it! I did… (and nominated Julia, who also did it – in style!)
Sneaky Peek – Elemis TSV! On Sunday 7th, Elemis returns with a four-piece heroes collection – Keeley says… “it really is the Elemis collection of 2014 if you want to really improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles. It contains four ultimate products in their Pro-Collagen range at a bargain price!” If it lasts, I’ll be on with Keeley on the 10pm show!
Catherine’s Technology and You – I’m the one manning the iPad on Saturday (30th) for the last in this series of Technology and You – what a motley crue this lot were last week – and what a brilliant job they did.
Join us all at 3pm Saturday – including guests Lee Hohbein, Mat Trim and Abbey Horne as well as Ashley explaining more about how to use Bose products. Hopefully this show will be back in the future – Catherine loves it and did it so well! Tune in during the show and tweet us on @qvcuk.
Michaela’s baby Milo – first pics! Altogether now… Ahhhh! Michaela sent me these to show you – she says he’s like a little Yoda! Funny, that is! And what a gorgeous boy he is. If you’d like to wish her good luck, you can contact via @andrew_gatineau on Twitter!
Be one of Stacey’s ‘Girlfriends’! After my show last week, Stacey from YBF Beauty said she’d like to hear from any of you who would like to be on the show in December – preferably in two’s. Just email her on firstname.lastname@example.org and explain why you’d like to appear, and include a pic and say where you live! Had such a good laugh on that show – it’s not like any other, sitting there putting on my makeup ON, live on air! It’s certainly dispelled some of the bad dreams I used to have about not being ready for live telly that’s for sure!
Shhh! Red Carpet Returns Keep it to yourself, Red Carpet Manicure fans, but Linda Bignell our lovely RCM guest, (and my sis), is due back on air around 18th – for those who asked about the dark colour varnish I’ve been wearing lately!
Safety and Security! At 7pm on Saturday night, join me for Safety and Security including Mat Trim’s Belkin Wemo– allowing us to control and monitor devices. He says: “By controlling devices I mean lighting, heating, cooking, cooling and through monitoring or spying… er, I should say checking- we can know our pets are ok and not getting up to mischief, our property is safe, our loved ones are home, our deliveries have arrived, and the kids are doing their homework instead of being on the X-Box!” See some wicked demos and find out who won last week’s £250 Yale Alarm prize!
Here’s a short clip of me and the lovely Glenn Campbell having a laugh about “melons”!
Other highlights this week on QVC –
– This weekend – Saturday’s TSV bargain is those sell out Scrub Daddy sponges – Lori Grenier’s discovery is back by popular demand! Looking forward to the 5pm Cleaning Solutions hour.
– The Vitamix is back on Sunday! Then Judith Williams on Monday with a new powerful skin care pack, which will appear in our Back to You show at 9pm too (on 1st.)
– Lalique fragrances debut on Wed 3rd! Join our new guest Peter Sherlock, fragrance expert extraordinaire with Jackie at 5pm! He’s a wonderful funny guy full of fab facts about perfume! He’s due to be on our live Facebook chat at 8-9pm the following Monday (8th) just before the Back to You show.
– Owl Now OOO can’t wait till Wednesday at midnight to launch the new Yankee Candle Melt Warmer – it’s Oli the wise old plug in owl! Lol! Doesn’t he look fabulous too with his light-up belly? Specially good for faster fragrances, and if you can’t use a flame for whatever reason.
– Kate Bush is Back! She was an integral part of my teen years and I was there in 1979 at her only previous live tour with my then boyfriend Martin Doe. Well this week Kate Bush wow’d audiences in Hammersmith at the start of her sell out 22 night tour. Apparently 80,000 tickets went in 15 minutes. Sadly I didn’t get one but I live in hope!
Some press loved it, like Rolling Stone mag, but other reports criticised the song choices, as it was mostly recent stuff and none from the first four albums (my faves are two and three). But the staging was dramatic and spectacular by all accounts. Did you go? Leave me a comment below? I still frequently listen to her albums, like Lionheart. If anyone’s got a spare ticket, let me know! Lol!
– Tea on a Timer! Look at this! The Hoole tea rooms I went to in Tesco recently (with my Dear Daughter) have a three way tea-timer for the perfect cup of speciality brew – what a novel-tea! Lol. I want one!
WATCH – Book of Mormon
What an outstanding piece of theatre. It was a spectacle alright! I’d heard it was great, I’d heard it was completely booked up and I’d heard it was irreverent but NOTHING could have prepared me for what I saw on Thursday night with my lovely son Brad and daughter-in-law Kari. Nothing!
All I can say is if you are of a weak disposition, or you despise South Park, don’t go! Otherwise be prepared for theatre that breaks all the rules, but has a powerful message at heart. Mormon missionaries get mixed up in Africa… A stupendous 9.5 out of ten from me! Would I go again? In a heartbeat.
NEXT WEEK – early spa break birthday treat for Lauren and – Back to You is back!
Have a supercalifragilistic week ahead!
TO COMMENT on this blog
To leave a straightforward comment on this blog, just go to comments, below – write your comment, leave your name and your email (kept private), press post, and there you go! Easy! Looking forward to hearing from you!
TO KEEP IN TOUCH:
@debbieflint – follow me for behind the scenes updates & sneaky peeks of upcoming bargains
– My QVC Facebook page – click ‘like’- or friend me on my personal one.
– ‘Back to You QVC Facebook open group’ is here, just ping a request to join and visit every Monday 8-9pm for live chat, just before live Back to You show on QVC through September 2014
Or email me email@example.com if you don’t use Twitter or Facebook.
MY WEBSITE & BOOKS
Newsletter – Sign up on my own website for regular email newsletters including freebies, comps, and LATEST NEWS about my novels – www.debbieflint.co.uk