This afternoon at 1pm we'll be in the kitchen with Simon Brown and we'd love your help!
Simon is really looking forward to answering your questions live on air, so get comfy at 1pm and join us for a Q&A with Simon live at 1pm. He'll also be creating two fab recipes, here's a preview…
Pasta with chorizo and smokey tomato sauce
2tbsp cook's essentials Rapeseed Oil
1 medium red onion
2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
½ red pepper, de-seeded and cut into chunks
4 raw chorizo sausages, cut into chunks
1tsp smoked paprika
Salt and pepper
1 x 425g can chopped tomatoes
150ml red wine
225g pasta (eg Penne, Fusilli or Tagliatelle)
A few fresh basil leaves to garnish
1. Heat 1tbsp of the oil in the pan over a medium heat then add the onion, garlic and red pepper and cook for 2 minutes, stirring once in a while. Now add the chorizo and continue to cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add the paprika, salt, pepper, tomatoes and wine and simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes, stirring once or twice, until the sauce has reduced and thickened.
3. Meanwhile, bring a pan of salted water to the boil, stir in the remaining oil and toss in the pasta. Stir once then bring back to the boil and cook, uncovered, for about 10 minutes until just tender (‘al dente’).
4. Now use the draining lid to drain the pasta and pour into a serving dish. Pour the sauce over the top, sprinkle with the torn basil and serve.
Pork loin chops in creamy mustard sauce
1. Heat the oil in the pan over a medium heat then add the pork chops and fry for 5-10 minutes on each side until cooked through. Set aside on a plate, cover and keep warm while you make the sauce.
2. Turn up the heat and add the cider, stirring to get any little bits off the base of the pan then allow to bubble for a couple of minutes to reduce and concentrate a little.
3. Stir in the mustard and crème fraîche, season then pour over the pork chops and serve with a sprinkling of chives.
Two fantastic recipes from Simon Brown there, I also caught up with the man himself recently to get some tips on creating that perfect roast joint, take a look below…
[Having trouble viewing this video? See YouTube's Help page]
Don't forget to 'Ask Simon' via our Facebook and Twitter pages, he'll be live on air at 1pm (Thursday 22nd March) to answer you cooking questions!
See you soon, Will x
Visit our food department