Hello, thank you for all your comments – I do read them all and love all your involvement!
Life is really wonderful at the minute and I’m actually writing this sat in the garden in April! The weather has even been good enough to crank up the ‘barbie’ and next time the sun rears it’s head that’s exactly what I’m going to do. I love a BBQ – it’s hard not to! I don’t mind a sausage, some fish on their even a chargrilled veggie or two, but I absolutely adore burgers. I even bought a burger book recently, I salivate just by looking at the cover! I’m particular though, I believe that the best burgers are homemade so I’m going to share my luxury burger recipe with you. This recipe has been created through years of dedicated practice.
Warning: what your about to create and eat may cause too much joy!
Ingredients (your own creative variations can be swapped if you like):
- The best Aberdeen Angus full-fat minced beef you can find (and as much of it as you want)
- A whole fresh white onion finely chopped
- A handful of finely chopped parsley and coriander
- Cracked black pepper to taste (loads for me)
- A pinch of sea salt
- 4 cloves of garlic crushed
- Wholegrain mustard or mustard powder
- A pinch of cumin, garam masala, coriander powder and turmeric
- A big dollop tomato purée
- De-seeded red chilli (leave some seeds in to get that fire in your belly)
- The secret ingredient to really turn it up – some mature Parmesan grated in there. Now we’re talking!
- Smash, mush and mix it all up in a big bowl and give it a squeeze with your bare-naked hands – I find this therapeutic. If it seems too wet just add some bread crumbs
- Make into medium sized manageable patties of about teacup circumference
- Cook on a griddle pan to your taste – I go for medium
- Serve on a fresh roll of your choice with some real full-fat butter
- Strong cheese -preferably aged mature cheddar or similar
- Vine-ripened tomatoes
- Red onion
- Tomato ketchup
Best served with family and friends, but if that’s not possible eat slowly tasting every single mouthful to truly enjoy.
Eating these makes me very happy, so let me know what you think or if you’ve any suggestions. Also tweet some photos to me on Twitter @chloeeverton if you do manage to make my luxe burger!