How exciting is the Yankee Candle Today's Special Value?
I love Yankee Candles – them smell wonderful when you burn them, but what I REALLY like to do is make my very own 'Yankee cocktails'! Here's my top five combinations, and I'd love to know what yours are. Also, drop me a comment if there are any fragrances you'd love to see Yankee make.
The Top 5
1. Vanilla Lime and Cinnamon Stick – this is my all time favourite fragrance combination. I adore the richness of the vanilla with the zesty twist of lime and the delicious warmth of cinnamon. It's the perfect cocktail ANY time of the year.
2. Lavender Vanilla and Sweet Violet – this is the perfect evening blend to help you wind down after a hard day. The sweetness of the vanilla balances the summery floral notes of the lavender and violet. It reminds me of being in a summer garden, eating a bowl of the most wonderful vanilla ice cream imaginable!
3. Sweet Strawberry and Sparkling Lemon – this is the perfect summer refresher for your senses. I'm burning this combination a lot at the moment (you can see me above with them both in my kitchen!). With the warm evenings I'm finding it very reviving – I love it!
4. Willow Breeze and Fresh Cut Roses – this combination makes it summer any time of the year. I've recently got back from a break in France and had the holiday blues, and I found these two burnt together really lifted my spirits. The notes of sandalwood, lemon and moss in Willow Breeze take me somewhere exotic, while the rose scent of Fresh Cut Roses is the quintessential English fragrance. I think this is the most elegant combination of all!
5. Cafe au Lait and Blueberry Scone – well, if you know me at all, you'll know I have a rather sweet tooth! This blend of fragrances is great for a morning at home, a bit like a coffee morning without the baking! It's a wonderful calorie-free way to enjoy the creamy scent of Cafe au Lait (reminds me of the Mellow Birds my nan used to give me when I was little!) and yummy scones. My mouth's watering already!
I can't wait to get my hands on the new TSV and start creating more cocktails – next time I think it'll be my top ten! And don't forget to let me know your favourite mixtures too!