What's In My Handbag should actually be renamed What's NOT In My Handbag!
Actually, I must thank the planners of this show because it's given me a much needed push or should I say SHOVE into clearing and tidying out my handbag!
I've been spring cleaning out my well used, rust/orange winter bag into a brand-new delicious Tignanello tote – wow, wow and wow again. It's so gorgeous – it goes with everything, looks so posh and even Dan my husband approves!
It made me laugh so much emptying my handbag that I thought I'd share it with you. Here's an idea of how chaotic life has been. I'm guessing the state of one's bag is direct correlation to how manic life is!
- Six lipglosses including three from Fran Wilson (the best nude gloss ever)
- Laura Geller's Apricot Blush & Brush
- Smashbox concealer and a gold compact powder
- Three hand creams – Liz Earle, A'kin and Repair and Renovate from Leighton Denny
- Diamonique bracelets and four cocktail rings
- Tweezers, a mirror, a nail file, two of Maddie's hair roses and six hair clips
- 10 curtain hooks, which fell out of my conservatory curtains on move day
- Leather wallet, mobile, camera, plus a cable to connect to my netbook (impressive huh?!)
- A tape measure stolen from Dan
- Newspaper article about David Cameron's lovely son which made me cry
- Angel charms for each of the children so they weren't lost in the move
- Five stones and two magnets – all Joseph's I believe
- Passport – I don't normally carry this, but proving I am who I say I am for address change reasons!
- Chocolate buttons for Tom and a pair of pants – Tom's again I hasten to add!
- My A4 diary from Downs Syndrome Association full of fabulous images as well as 'my life'.
- A Pritt stick, seven biros and finally a large blob of blue tack (that'll be Joe again!).
So that's a taster of the debris I've been carrying around with me – no wonder I have a sore shoulder blade!
I feel utterly cleansed after de-camping into my new bag. I'm also thrilled to share that the show on Wednesday 25th March (my Birthday incidentally) will be showcasing wonderful handbag necessities – another excuse to bring my bag back to its 'fuller figure'.
What's in your handbag ladies? Do you dare to share?
See you at 2pm on Wednesday.
Love Claire (birthday girl)
Visit our What's In My… speciality shop