- Getting a medical thumbs up – a trip to Harley Street on a Groupon voucher!
- Is Dale modelling on the new Jeffrey Archer cover?!
- IT’S NEXT WEEKEND – my bumper Mum’s Day weekend freebies and a big comp!
- Freebie spooky short story on eBook next weekend – cover reveal below!
- Which regular QVC guest is a classic car fanatic?
- Gareth from Vitamix’s recipes
- Inside the Presenters’ Lounge – Chloe’s Dressing Room Revenge continues…
- Plus sneaky peeks from the week ahead on QVC incl Women in Control and Honora!
Phew! Big week!
Well something’s working! Had some lovely compliments this week observing that I’m looking trim! This is the Basso TSV from Thursday – very flattering I think. Nice to know the hard work is paying off, with all the exercise and Freedom Eating! More below in the Back to You health segment.
Next weekend, 28-31 March, my dieting book will be on a big discount on Amazon – more below in RiWiSi. And do look at the snippets for some fab presenter shenanigans!
Plus – big news on my exciting bumper bundle of goodies to be won in next weekend’s Mother's Day Giveaway competition – and my free scary story.
MEDICAL MOT WITH MUMMY
Mummy Lesley features again this week, as she and I went for an interesting Medical MOT in Harley Street. It was a Groupon voucher and a big reduction on their standard MOT that summarises all the usual things – and some extras; a blood and urine test, peak flow measurements of your lungs etc.
Apart from being overweight we both did really well – I came out of there feeling really proud, specially ‘cos the doc and the nurse both thought I was about 37! Haha!
Anyway, we took turns and Mummy decided once she’d had her blood taken that she needed a coffee (you have to fast beforehand) so I said we'd go find a coffee shop.
'No' she says, 'The coffee here’s really nice, let’s just have another one here'! OMG – what is she like?!
Here are a few of my measurements – I’ve always had relatively low-end blood pressure and I’m sure all the Omega-3’s have helped no-end with the general health. (Lots of articles about such stuff on my Back to You blog on my own website by the way if you’re interested – every Monday).
So it was a nice unusual TiFFT** for March, don’t you think?
We await blood test results, it’ll be six weeks to get the full report – sooner if there's something urgent. Well worth it tho' – watch out for those kind of deals, they come up on Groupon from time to time.
We were discussing how we can get me a man – lol. The topic of cruises came up, which Ingrid seems to think might help me!
And, of course, her recent bloopers. Here’s last Saturday’s one – sooo funny. There’s no hope! Lol.
[Having trouble viewing this video? See YouTube's Help page]
BACK TO YOU – HEALTH SLOT – THE LEG MASTER’S WORKING!
Our regular segment that ties in with Facebook support group, Back to You QVC, tied in with the QVC Show (returning September).
On my travels this week I’ve taken a lot of trains and tubes. Well I’ve invented a new exercise! Handbag crunches! Haha! On the tube and train journeys with my lovely new Tignanello, vintage brown and tan bag, between my legs. What do you think – will it catch on?
This whole Back to You thing since January – eating healthier and getting fitter – has been paying off, I think. Especially with pics like the one at the top, taken on Thursday this week.I’m feeling the results of using the Leg Master, I must say.
More about that on this Monday’s Back to You update on my website* and on the Facebook groups.
But you can see a little difference in the top pic too. Bout time! Lol.
Plus Happiness Day Apparently it was national happiness Day this week – according to Farrell it was anyway! So I hope you found something to make you smile. If so what was it? Leave me a comment below!
The Monday Update
This week on my weekly update on Monday:
- Shitake mushroom magic… Stevia – a wonder-replacement for harmful sugars?
- Archives packed with fab health facts since January
- Links to all the January QVC Back to You shows. (It’s back on QVC in September!)
Come join in on Facebook! Just over 700 members on Back to You QVC group this week! Whoop! Come join us in time for the June 29th get together – about 100 days away! ‘Back to You QVC’ (open) group on Facebook or, for the closed group, search ‘Break the Habit BTU’.
Still to come… Dale makes it onto the front of a Jeffrey Archer novel – or does he?… Another snippet of my spooky story… and Kipling fans prepare to salivate!…
READ IT WRITE IT SELL IT
RiWiSi – my weekly look at all things book!
Book of the Week – 9 Killer Thrillers including Russell Blake. In the week that Joanna Penn announced that the last box set I featured, the 12 (go here to previous blog to see it), hit the New York Times Sellers’ list – Russell Blake emailed this super deal.
If you’re looking for new thriller writers, what a fab opportunity! And make it your first ever eBook if you can’t resist the 49p price on Amazon – for all nine! Click here to find out more. If you haven’t got a Kindle, you just need to download the free Kindle app to your device
But to see the whole cover reveal – just click on this link – whoop! And meanwhile, another little snippet. My 14,000 word short story – free next week on Amazon – eBook giveaway on Mothers’ Day!
Here’s the teaser of the story, following on from last week’s extract where they were about to cast the spell, here’s the moment when Chelle investigates, on her first night in the spooky house alone…
"The scratching became louder still, but it was definitely behind her now. Coming… from the wardrobe?
Chelle sighed. Some first night this was turning out to be. She walked once more towards the big wooden structure, several feet taller than her. She remembered the builder saying the access to the eaves was behind the wardrobe but that it had been papered over years ago so nothing should have been able to get inside it. Theoretically.
Tentatively, she opened up the door and thankfully after an initial heave, it moved without a creak. The lamp was positioned on the wall directly behind the door, leaving the interior of the wardrobe in complete darkness. So Chelle shone the light of the torch inside. And nearly fainted…’
Full short story – a spooky romantic suspense – available free on Amazon eBook from 28th March for Mothers’ Day Weekend Giveaway!
And there’s more! Writing a book yourself? My Friday Fiction Focus continues over on my website, including -
- A fabulous invention – for keeping writers fit – the treadmill desk!
- Camp NaNoWriMo is up and running again to encourage more writing
- And script-writers – Robert McKee the script doctor on choosing your genre
To read all this, go to this week’s RiWiSi Go Large here
And don’t forget to sign up for the newsletter, to be the first to hear about all my book news, giveaways and freebies!
Do go to Jackie Kabler’s blog this week to find out more about what exactly Chloe did next! You won’t believe what she put in Jackie’s dressing room in return for this harmless pic of stuff dumped in Chloe’s dressing room!
You just gotta see the pic – follow the link to her blog! Funny! (But am glad it’s not me! Haha!) Er, Jackie, I’d give up now whilst the going’s good! God knows what Chloe'd do next!
- Sneaky Peeks! It’s that time again! What would you like your Preview Genie to bring you this week? Hmmmm… how about these – coming up on 27th March – the new Honora Today’s Special Value multi strand necklace – shame I’m off I’d have loved that! And the long awaited Women With Control crop trousers 2 pack on Friday 28th.
Not a Lot of People Know That…
Who did QVC beat in that survey? If you’ve seen the little promos on air about us being second in the national consumer Trusted Brands awards and wondered who we beat, here’s the banner in our lobby – impressive huh? More info here.
- Also This Week on QVC – X_Factor winner on QVC! I loved that Sam bailey won the X Factor in December and got her album – it’s brilliant! Now she’s on QVC with a fab CD – do watch on Saturday at 2pm or go here to buy it! And in the same week, we had runner up Nicholas McDonald too with his CD! Some fab music on QVC lately eh?
P.S – don’t forget the sneaky peek at this Sunday’s (23rd) Gatineau fab TSV set on last week’s blog's sneaky peek!
I am off for a week, after Friday. Back Monday 31st! Tons to do – including clear out bedroom, back room, and garage for daughter and her BF to stay for six months to make some savings for a house. What a good mummy I am!
Plus, lots of writing too – now I’ve finished the spooky short story, I’ve got to crack on with Diary of a Wannabe Shopping Channel Presenter eh? My fictional account of one girl's attempt to work in selly-telly!
QVC Replay/Blooper – my regular reminders that on live TV things can frequently go wrong…!
- Footwear Fun Had some hilarity in the sandal salon Sunday night at 1am, with this little classic – I blame them wot woz in my ear! Lol.
- Ingrid Gets a Charlie-Shaped Fright! And lovely Ingrid again – this did make me giggle when Charlie did a walk-on to tease his next hour – bet he wishes he hadn’t bothered! Lol.
- Don’t judge a book… Well this one’s been circulating around QVC this week – Dale’s lookie-likie – on a Jeffrey Archer novel – how funny! He is very impressed at how it’s so like him and keeps telling everybody! Haha!
- Got to get it – walk-writing! Well what a great idea. This was the article which caught my eye whilst I waited for mummy to come out of her medical. It’s a flat bed treadmill over which you can put a desk which raises to exactly the right level to allow you to keep on typing – obviously as long as you don’t wobble too much! Any tips, anyone…?!
- Claire’s lovely son – got to give a quick mention to Claire’s lovely son Tom who gets a feature on her blog this week for Down’s Awareness Week – do go have a read of it here – she’s put some lovely pics up. He’s the eldest of her three kids and just adorable – like our Claire!
- Vitamix recipes! As promised, here's a doc packed with delicious recipes using the Vitamix from lovely Gareth! Which ones are you tempted by?
Car crazy! Our very own Miele guest and familiar face at QVC, Russell Bristow is a classic car fanatic – he had five at one point! Used to rent them out for weddings. But mostly he just loves going along to the various vintage car rallies. He's promised to take me out in a spin at some stage – now that would be an amazing TiFFT!**
WATCH – gosh so sorry – I haven’t been to the cinema after all due to writing and other stuff! BUT this next week, I’m hoping to catch one of the current movies at the cinema if I can. I do like the look of this though – what do you think?
The Grand Budapest Hotel – like Moulin Rouge and Gatsby type of directing. Let me know if you saw it what you think – leave a comment below (instructions of how to comment are also below).
NEXT WEEK – am being adventurous – my first ‘Society Dining’ evening to meet new people (maybe leading one day to a man! Lol). And preparing my novel for uploading – not long now and it’s freeeeee! Plus, having my Mother's Day celebration early cos I’m away Sunday after. And the big clear out begins – with a week off air to do the sorting out. See you next week!
**Try it For The First Time Club!
To leave a straightforward comment on this blog, just go to comments, below – write your comment, leave your name and your email (kept private), post, and there you go! Easy! Looking forward to hearing from you!
To keep in touch:
TWITTER: @debbieflint - follow me for behind the scenes updates & sneaky peeks of upcoming bargains
- My QVC Facebook page - click ‘like’- or friend me on my personal one.
- Or 'Back to You QVC Facebook open group' is here - over 670 members. B2U returns to QVC in Sept
- Join the challenge on photo-sharing closed group 'Break the Habit' - your online support system continues till June 29th SUCCESS STORY PARTY/ new book launch party!
MY WEBSITE & BOOKS
Sign up for regular email newsletters including LATEST NEWS about my novels – www.debbieflint.co.uk
Debbie’s books on Amazon – paperback or ebook (eBook is for Kindle or Kindle app)
(Book 3 Hawaiian Retreat – Helen's Story is coming in the summer)
Till the Fat Lady Slims is my 2002 weight loss book all about eating like slim people do, following Food Freedom technique.
The Valentine’s Surprise is a short story proving it’s never too late to find your Sir Galahad! eBook only.
OTHER WORK IN PROGRESS – (see my new Work in Progress tab on my website for updates!)
‘Diary of a Wannabe Shopping Channel Presenter’! - Bridget Jones meets Alan Partridge meets Eddie Murphy in Holy Man… coming Easter 2014
'When Dreams Return' – short story - coming Mother's Day 2014!