Today we're offering you a fantastic Today's Special Value from Alpha-H – a complete skincare routine to revitalise your complexion. We caught up with our Alpha-H guest Michelle to find out her own story and to pick up a few tips…
How has Alpha-H helped your own skin concerns?
During my teens and early twenties my skin was constantly out of balance – it was producing too much oil, it was breaking out and I found myself caking on the make-up in a vain attempt to conceal the problems! My confidence took a knock, because I felt people were judging me – especially because I worked in the beauty industry!
When I discovered Alpha-H, specifically the Balancing Cleanser and Balancing Moisturiser, the most marked difference I noticed was that they were able to bring back the equilibrium to my skin, thanks to the combination of natural ingredients like aloe vera, vitamin E, green tea and gentle fruit acids.
Most of all I realised that I needed to respect the skin type I'd been born with – by using products which gently refined the pores and helped to minimize the excess oil, I stopped trying to fight against my skin and learned to embrace it.
Describe the perfect routine for using today's TSV
We only have one Alpha-H TSV a year so we always try and make it extra special for our customers both in terms of value and results, whilst also ensuring that it's an easy system to fit into their homecare routine.
Here is my step-by-step routine:
1. Every morning and evening use the Balancing Cleanser, which takes off all face and eye make-up including the most stubborn mascara!!
2. Then, every alternate night, wipe over the face, neck and décolletage with the Liquid Gold solution on a cotton pad. Your skin will tingle momentarily so you know your Liquid Gold is hard at work!
3. On the other nights and every morning after cleansing I want you to use your Rejuvenating Cream, which again will give your skin a tingling sensation thanks to the combination of vitamin C and natural fruit acids.
4. Every morning and evening after you've applied these treatments, follow with Age Delay Eye & Lip Cream; pat this silky soft treatment onto the lips, the top lip and around the orbital bone.
5. Finally, once a week apply a thin layer of Liquid Gold Smoothing & Perfecting Mask to the face, neck and décolletage, leaving it on for up to 10 minutes. Your skin will tingle for the duration of the treatment time then you can remove the mask thoroughly with warm water and follow with your moisturiser and eye/lip care.
The Liquid Gold mask is the cornerstone of the Alpha-H Signature Facial, known by beauty therapists and make-up artists around the world. We call it our 'Cinderella' mask as it instantly plumps and brightens the skin by replacing lost moisture. You may find the tingling a little unusual at first, but I promise that you'll love the results!!
What do you recommend for…
• Dull and lifeless skin
Without hesitation I'd recommend Today's Special Value for this type of skin as the combination of natural fruit acids, vitamins and skin resurfacing extracts in the Liquid Gold, Rejuvenating Cream and Liquid Gold Smoothing & Perfecting Mask will revitalise dull, tired and pigmented skin whilst restoring youthful luminosity and vitality.
• An oily T-zone and combination skin
The Triple Action Cleanser is a fantastic daily face wash for oily and combination skins, which – thanks to the combination of soothing aloe vera and the anti-bacterial properties of Triclosan – can also help to minimize the breakouts associated with this skin type.
The fact that we don't use any detergents, foaming agents or sulphates in Triple Action Cleanser also means that it doesn't strip the skin of essential lipids nor does it leave the complexion feeling tight or uncomfortable. This product is suitable for all ages – from teenage skin right through to maturity.
• Large pores and blackheads
I have no hesitation in recommending one of my favourite products which is the Micro Cleanse. I use this granulated cleanser twice a week in my morning shower to help keep my skin smooth.
The combination of natural fruit acids and tiny non-abrasive micro beads is fantastic to soften and brighten the skin, whilst minimizing the look of any enlarged pores. Plus it's loaded with peppermint oil which leaves your skin feeling zesty and invigorated!
Liquid Harmony is my best friend when treating this type of skin condition, thanks to the combination of arnica, chamomile and licorice extracts. They work to soothe and calm redness, whilst the natural fruit acids help to clear debris from the pores to minimize pimples and congestion.
What are your top three tips for post-winter skin?
1. Winter takes such a toll on our skin, leaving it parched and vulnerable. The key things to do are to hydrate, protect and preserve. My starting point would definitely be to ensure that the skin is in a good place by balancing the pH, so I'd start with the Balancing Cleanser.
2. Next I'd look to rehydrate with our Age Delay Facial Oil, a luxurious combination of nine botanical oils including chamomile, rosehip, patchouli, frankincense and lavender, which work in synergy to calm and condition.
3. Finally it's still important to protect the skin from sun damage during the winter months as even generous cloud cover can't filter UVA radiation so the final step in your winter skin care routine should always be our Ultra Protector SPF 30+, which aside from its protective abilities also makes a wonderful daily moisturiser and make-up base
What is your favourite Alpha-H product and why?
I couldn't live without my Liquid Gold and I know many thousands of QVC viewers feel exactly the same way!!
I love it because it gives 'instant gratification' so no matter what's going on with my skin – whether it's tired, dull, dehydrated, stressed or congested; whether I've just got off a 15 hour flight or I've switched from 40 degree heat in Australia to a cold winter morning in London, Liquid Gold works tirelessly to brighten, smooth and revitalise my complexion.
And even better, it does all that while I sleep so all I need to remember to do is to wipe it over my cleansed face and neck three or four nights a week. Now that's what I call low maintenance!!!
For more of Michelle's tips, tune in on Thursday 28th January at 12am – 2am, 9am, 12pm, 4pm, 7pm and 10pm.