Whether it’s for summer holidays and minimal packing, weekends away or just surviving the summer heat, there are some key multi-tasking products that give lots of benefits in one, greatly aid summer survival and help you stay in control of your beauty regime.
1. Summer sweat and perspiration, body odour and or increase of spots are all side effects of the heat from the sun and can be treated and controlled with Australian Body Care Tea Tree Skin Wash or if on the go, Skin Wipes.
2. Hair damage, dryness, split ends and colour lifting can be prevented by increased use of Philip Kingsley’s Elasticizer.
3. Hair tangling, brittleness and combability can all be improved with Percy and Reed’s Totally Intensive Treatment Oil.
4. Sweat and excess shine can all be disguised by Percy and Reed’s Dry Shampoo for the hair, Benefit’s Stay Don’t Stray on the face and ABC’s Tea Tree Skin Wipes on the body and the Verbena Hand Creams from L’Occitaine which have a matte, non-oily finish.
5. For multi-tasking moisturisers, needed for minimal packing and flight bags, and for use on the face, body, hands and feet, try the Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil or plain Argan Oil, the L’Occitaine 20% and 25% shea butters, and the Josie Maran Infinity Cream.
6. Multi-tasking make-up to give effortless summer colour on tanned or self-tanned skin would definitely be gel or balm tinted face colours, which can be applied with the finger tips to lips, cheeks and eyes such as Bobbi Brown’s Pot Rouge, Stila Lip & Cheek Colour Trio, Josie Maran Infinity Lip & Cheek tints or Benefit Benetint.
7. Gel-textured products can be a saviour in sun and summer heat as they are cooling and calming and are absorbed really quickly even in humidity. Formulas like the SBC Aloe Vera Gel are brilliant at calming irritation and any rashes associated with hair removal, and the Collagen Gel formula for giving hydrating and firming anti-ageing for every part of the body including face, eyes and neck. Definitely decant some into a pot as this is a brilliant mask on flights or travel that is invisibly see-through, instantly cooling and sinks in with no residue. If required, it can also be put on the top of makeup when on the go.
8. SPF that saves time would be the UltraSun anti-ageing formulas as they are also your day cream, your make-up base and your anti-ageing treatment all in one’ and if you choose the tinted formula, they can be your quick makeup as well.
9. Added moisture for men and women for your face, body, hair, nails and even as beard softeners or pre-shave treatments, would be the Josie Maran Argan Oil, the Elemis Camellia Oil and the AD Skin Synergy Oil.
10. Try detoxing hair treatments that will wash away chlorine and salt water but will also take out brassiness, help colour take better and control your hair in different water situations i.e. hard versus soft water, for the whole family is Hairfix three-piece Recovery Regime.
September 6, 2017 By Miceal Murphy
April 7, 2017 By Will Gowing