This saturday at 9am we join QVC's resident gardening expert Richard Jackson as he shares his fantastic gardening knowledge and advice.
He will be talking about spring flowering bulbs and here at QGossip we have a sneak peak of August's Gardening Inspritaions video. Richard visited Pashley Manor in East Sussex to meet head gardener Keith Boylett where he picked up some insider hints and tips on spring flowers.
Watch the video now!
[Having trouble viewing this video? See YouTube's Help page]
Top five tips from Keith for planting your spring bulbs:
1. Plant your tulip bulbs from mid-October to November
2. Plant daffodil bulbs in September
3. Deadhead your tulips if you want them to re-flower the following year
4. Add pink forget-me-nots to pink tulip beds to create a wonderfully pretty contrast
5. For container planting – to extend the flowering season and ensure your pots and containers look full, double layer your tulip bulbs. Add the first layer of bulbs and cover with a couple of inches of compost, then add a second layer and top with compost
Visit our Gardening Inspirations page for more videos filmed at beautiful stately homes around the UK, which are full of ideas, hints and tips to keep your garden looking fantastic year-round.
On the show, along with the visit to Pashley Manor, Richard Jackson will be introducing a fab selection of garden decorations and lighting, offering advice on the best tools for big and small jobs around the garden, and talking us through his Container Gardening book.
Tune in at 9am this Saturday, 2nd August.