– Stuck on Sizing? Your shout!
- More Sneaky Peeks including Antthony designs & Sarah Chapman
- Scenes from the sofa and Big Freeze fab pics
- Plus Mr Selfridge – fascinating new period drama reviewed!
Ahhh! Poor Patchy in the Snow! Isn’t this crying out FOR A CAPTION!! Comment below and tell me what you think she’s saying! (and yes you can guess what obvious ones I’ve had so far!) lol.
I may just send out a little pressie to any that blow my socks off!
SURE OF SIZING? And ANTTHONY SNEAKY PEEK!
Sneaky peeks continue in just a sec with a little glimpse of the fab new Antthony TSV coming in Feb! First – a request for your feedback! It’s only a quickie – just a few lines pls! –
Q. -At what point did you first decide to buy our fashion?
Q.-What’s been your experience of getting your sizing exactly right – depending on what we tell you?
Q.-What MOST helps you choose which size to buy?
I raised this topic on my Facebook this week, and got over 160 responses! Incredibly emotive topic for sure! And I’m passing them on to the powers that be, so do leave me a comment below. Over 70 people stated specifically that they depend upon the presenter saying what size we’re wearing, versus what high st size we are. Plus many more mentioned the models heights etc, as well as us giving sizes early. Glad you’re loving our fashions though, too on the whole!
Can’t wait to see him again! I’m lucky enough to be getting two shows this time!
HANDY HINT – (we used to sell a book by that name years ago, I swear!) – don’t forget that whether you love Antthony’s range, or Lenny’s, or whoever, do take time to check online for web bargains!
Our website often features many last clicks, web only and clearance bargains that won’t be back on air, at superb prices! Like this
SNOW JOKE! Well, how have you coped in the snow?
Heavy falls stopped my lovely Lolly coming down from Bath to see me last weekend. Boo.
No daughter, but she sent me this pic of her puppy Baloo to cheer me up – what an action shot eh!!
Top marks to her man Nick who took it – fab stuff. And speedy recovery to poor Baloo who had an infected dew claw op this week too.
– Doing my bit for the bunnies! I began a snow-man at dusk this week, but after 15 mins of increasingly heavy snowball-rolling, I was puffed out! I decided I’d done my bit – leaving some fresh grass uncovered for the wildlife, and thinking I’d continue the next day! Yeh right. Even Gracie was not impressed!
Mind you, I did once make a wicked snowboy and girl – modelled after my Brad and Lauren (#tooMuchTimeOnMyHands!) Wouldn’t mind, but they were 20-odd at the time! Lol. What’s the best snowman you’ve ever helped build?
I tried to do what Mat our photography expert says, and keep to thirds. Hmm – must try harder I’m sure!
Anyway If you didn’t hear me mention before, Farmer Simon says (‘simon says’ – hah!) that it’ll be early April for the lambing. Watch this space!
And ‘scenes from the sofa’ – best place to be! I had a lovely Sunday afternoon sitting snug and cosy in my lounge – looked one way, saw snow falling out the window. Looked another and saw Prof Brian Cox on my telly telling me about sciency stuff – cooool! And looked to the right and there was my glowing stove keeping me and Daisy dog lovely and warm. What are your favourite ‘scenes from the sofa?’! During the snowy weather in particular? If you post them to me via Twitter, I may even include some next week! @debbieflint ! Or any clever or fancy snow men etc!?
BY THE WAY – some Big freeze must haves for you – Wintertrax – coming into their own in this weather – grippy attachments for your shoes – super!
Emu’s– here is me giving them a test run in the field just after the deepest snows! They really are water resistant!
And so glad I got some of Phil Parker’s Winter Tyre Grip spray (500489)– look out for it and stock up the next time it’s in!
Have you any experiences of a QVC product helping you out of a sticky situation during the cold spell?
Comment below and tell all!
Meanwhile keep warm – at time of writing we’re due for some more snow, but this time next week it should all be gone – fingers crossed!
BLOOPER – Have you seen the trailers? We have a new show on our schedules, called ‘Inside QVC’ – designed to reveal behind the scenes backstage goings on and lots of info about what we’re all about! So how fitting that this week’s blooper is one of our newest staff additions undergoing the jewellery initiation…! Lol!
– jo the new fm’s wrist in jry show, poor Jo! I would have had a soda-stream blooper this week but couldn’t use the clip! If you have any QVC bloopers on Youtube, do send them to me and – if appropriate! – I will put them up on here! Next week I’ll feature the blooper from the recent Kipling show – what can you put down YOUR bra?! Lol.
– HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROTHER!
The youngest of us five siblings, Glenn, the professor (!) and I went to a lovely garden centre café for a celebratory lunch on this week – it was jam packed!
Woodcote Green in Wallington – snow obviously doesn’t put off us Surrey garden lovers!
– Second eldest below me is my sis Linda, our Red Carpet Manicure guest. Did any of you go meet her and the team at their stand this week when we had our annual Beauty Bash? Craigy went, and Julia, and Catherine. Not my turn this year. But if you were one of the lucky randomly-selected beauty customers to be invited, hope you enjoyed it! Leave a message below!
And red alert – 19th feb Red Carpet tsv – the long-awaited French Manicure version! Easy to wear your own colours on top of it too (remove using non-acetone and red carpet long lasting gel stays fresh and shiny underneath too!). Can’t wait – I’ll be launching it! That’s a second sneaky peek – another below!
I wish I could instil this sentiment in the minds of certain people I know.
The power of the mind and all that! The proof is out there.
As Wayne Dyer says – whether you think you can, or think you can’t you’re right!
What’s your experience of that?
OK, time for a ‘heads-up’s about upcoming on air specials
– February’s beauty product of the month will be Sarah Chapman’s Eye recovery
– her award winning Skinesis range features one of my fave day creams with spf15 and gorgeous smells, so looking forward to helping to bring you this product for eyes with no p and p for the month of Feb!
WATCH – TV FOCUS – I did a little Sunday night telly survey on facebook this week – and the relatively new period drama ‘Mr Selfridge’ came out top of most lists – it is sooooo good! I love the early facts about the creation of Selfridges in London – eg how he was first to ask for fragrance to be located near the front doors – to mask the smell of horse manure from the road! And there began a tradition! Hah! You’ll still be able to get catch up TV if you’re quick – otherwise the third ep is this Sunday eve – but set it to record, then you can watch it when it suits you! Hard to give a mark for an on-going series, but looking like an eight out of ten so far!
I think I’ve found Matthew McConaughey’s worst turkey! His Dirk Pitt in the 2005 film ‘Sahara’ was too smarmy for words, and mauled the memory of one of my all time fiction heroes from author Clive Cussler.
I’ll stick to reading the books in future.
– Is it only me? Or did you agree if you saw it on telly recently? I loved him in How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, but what with Fools Gold and now Sahara, he’s gone wayyyy down on my list! It’s a two out of ten for me, sadly! Ditched out after half an hour it was so bad. So avoid at all costs – so bad I haven’t added a trailer – just a link to a youtube family guy spoof of him talking about how bad his films are!
By popular demand I’ll not only begin both hours without full makeup on, and do what she does and apply through the show, I’ll take it off at the end with that day’s Liz Earle TSV! Or the Cleanse and Polish, if the Today’s special value from Liz has sold out! Join me this Sunday (27th).
Plus next week – an unusual Relax Chair is Monday’s product of the day – I have it on an evening airing. And I’m looking forward to seeing Sarah Shurety again for the Feng Shui show on Wed 30th at 7pm, when I’ll most likely be wearing that day’s TSV a knit dress from Tiana B! Here’s the link to our home page TV Guide, on which you can go up to four weeks ahead to find your fave shows, and a week ahead to see who’s presenting them.
- I'm off to see the X Factor tour in Brighton on Thurs 31st!
And hopefully to pop by to say hi to our lovely Carmel and her new baby Flynn – cool name – nearly spelt the same! Lol!
Here he is in an adorable pair of bootees Alison Keenan sent along! Soooo cute!
All good with Carmel and her little son – he’s a month old now – how time flies!
I should know – mine is 26 in March! Good god!
Best wishes Debs X
Follow me on Twitter! @DebbieFlint
My QVC facebook page – click ‘like’- https://www.facebook.com/DebbieFlintQvcUk
Or leave a straightforward comment below (your email is kept private your name can be whatever you choose to put) – just post and there you go! Easy!
Looking forward to hearing from you!