Our first destination is Vienna, where Swarovski crystals come from, and I have a rough idea of some of the locations I’ll be filming in:
- Albertina, the museum where the live show will be taking place on New Year’s Eve.
- Hofburg Palace where we’ll hopefully be shooting, both inside and outside.
- Hotel Sacher where the famous Sacher Torte originated. Not having much of a sweet tooth makes this a bit new to me. Has anyone tried it? I guess it will go down well with some famous Vienna coffee.
- St. Stephens church (Stephansdom) – this is regarded by some as the city’s most famous landmark building.
- City tour on a Fiaker, a horse-drawn carriage.
- Graben Street, a famous shopping street in Vienna, and the Belvederegarten and Schonbrun Palaces.
Wow what a list! I’ve never been to Vienna before so I’ve got my guide book and have started to do some research on the major things to see, as well as learn some useful phrases. Have you been before? I bet we’ve missed a few things off our list, so if you have any suggestions let me know!
I will return to Vienna on New Year’s Eve to take part in the live show, which will be presented by Lisa Robertson of QVC US.
However, I have a bit of a dilemma. It’s going to be New Year’s Eve in Vienna so I’ll have to dress smartly. But should I go for the standard James Bond-style dinner suit or should it be the full Scottish – Bonnie Prince Charlie outfit? I love wearing my kilt but will the Austrian hosts be a bit shocked? And what will the viewers of QVC US think? Well, I guess there’s still plenty of time to mull that one over!
I bought a new camera for the trip, a Panasonic Lumix. You can see the results soon! I’ll take lots of pictures and some video clips of the trips so you can join in some of the fun and meet the crew I’ll be working with. Don’t forget to check back for updates!