My most embarrassing moment happened when I’d only been at QVC for three months and I was extremely keen to make a good impression. I was presenting in the kitchen and demonstrating a liquidiser that had so many attachments!
Unfortunately, we only had one sample so I didn’t have a chance to practise, but as I’d used liquidisers before I thought I’d just do it live on air – what could possibly go wrong?
I poured boiling chicken stock into the liquidiser, popped on the lid and flicked the switch. The lid promptly flew off and shot out boiling hot stock into the air – and all over me! Of course, I was keen to show that it was my mistake and not the machine’s, so I reloaded and flicked the switch again. But the lid popped off again and more hot stock rained down. That’s when I gave up and admitted defeat!
The worst thing was that for the next hour of Hi-Tech Toys all my guests were wondering who smelt like a mouldy soup kitchen!
Hope that’s put a smile on your face.