As September’s product of the month we have Studio 10’s Miracle Effect Priming Serum – a fantastic anti-ageing priming serum, which is incredibly multi-functional with artistry techniques that can be used to customise your application and therefore results.
What makes this primer different and stand out from others is that it’s not about coating the skin with a surface texture to which you then apply your foundation on top of; rather it uniquely sinks in to the skin to correct instantaneously the feel and look of anything from lines, puffiness, dark circles, high colour, dehydration, and deflation and, in doing so, it make’s it easier to apply make-up.
Studio 10 is the brainchild of Grace Fodor who, along with her industry experience, has worked alongside dermatologists and renowned make-up artists and celebrities. This has given her a unique eye into designing a make-up range and problem-solving products, all with the greater aesthetic benefits and skincare technologies that are required for anyone in their late thirties and beyond, but still loved for their superior quality by younger skin.
I have never seen a skin primer (which is normally a purely instantaneous product) have such fantastic, clinically-tested results to prove that daily application can benefit the skin. These include:
- Visibly reduces fine lines and wrinkles by up to 16% within 15 minutes (said by 42% of people after 6 weeks)
- Reduces age spots and pigmentation by up to 15% after 6 weeks (said by 22% after 12 weeks)
- Improves skin firmness by up to 95% within one hour of use (said by 172% after 6 weeks)
- Skin hydration after 12 hours was increased by 160%
- Luminosity was increased by up to 14% after 6 weeks
- Improves puffiness and dark circles
- Reduces the look of enlarged pores
For me, as a qualified beauty expert and make-up artist, the proof is always when I use the product and test it myself, and what I’ve loved about it is the skincare technologies and ingredients.
This includes the addition of 99% type 1 collagen, argan oil, caffeine, green tea, witches broom, calendula, and centella asiatica, which have been renowned for sometimes generations and longer in the beauty industry.
They are normally found in your skin treatment serums and moisturisers and now for the first time, this level and quality of ingredients is found in a make-up primer.
When you apply the serum, it is a lovely, rich, bouncy elixir that you can smooth all over the face, even on the eyelids and up to the lashes. It will then almost instantaneously sink in, and as it does so you can see an immediate treatment effect, resulting in a smoother, more plumped up and calmer look to your skin which then transfers to any make-up application. There are many techniques as so many celebrities and make-up artists have found using this product.
- Daily priming – the long term benefits. Use a drop every morning before make-up application but continue to do this daily as part of your skin regime to see long lasting results
- Instant quick fix – a late night or skin not looking too good? Apply an extra pump especially to lined and dehydrated areas and allow a minute for it to sink in. Your skin will be instantly revived
- Key problem areas – if you have an area of skin that is continually a concern and always causes make-up breakdown, such as lined eyes, a wrinkled forehead or dehydrated cheeks (to name a few common concerns), then apply a little extra to those areas
- Make-up top up – if you feel your skin or make-up is looking tired or lines are showing through later in the day or evening, press this priming serum on top of the make-up to re-energise and smooth out your complexion products and instantly activate the skin benefits
- No make-up days or men – you can use this and you will find when your skin looks less lined and is treated with these great ingredients, especially around the eye area that you will have more skin confidence
Unlike so many primers that can sometimes clash with a complexion product if you don’t get the right combination of textures (mainly because they stay on the surface of the skin so can cause a roll off situation) , because this uniquely sinks in to the skin it can be followed with any texture or brand of make-up.
Application do’s and don’ts:
Well, this is pretty easy – there are not many don’ts! The only one would be with Ultrasun – after applying Ultrasun, wait 10 minutes before applying this and then follow with your make-up. Apart from that you may enjoy using it in any of the following ways:
- Make-up artistry way – apply last of all after your skincare and before your make-up. However, because of the great skincare technologies I have also been testing and using it underneath moisturisers to give the skincare and plumping benefits which then, because they have that deep action on the skin, you can still see after moisturising and make-up application
- Cleverly, even oily skin would like it because it does have a natural feeling of tightening on the skin that doesn’t roll off – so combination, oily or younger skin like to use this as an all-in-one moisturiser, eye treatment and make-up serum and then follow straight away with make-up, whilst a drier skin like mine enjoys layering but with added benefits of this Studio 10 Miracle Effect Serum
By the way, the normal price via Studio 10 is £68.00 so our great price and free P&P is the perfect time for you to test out the results for yourself!