However you choose to celebrate Valentine’s Day, it’s a great way to share the love with friends, family and loved ones. We thought we’d find out from some of the team at QVC their Valentine’s Day traditions, to help give you some inspiration.
Lesley, Beauty Copywriter:
My boyfriend and I try to keep things simple when it comes to V-day – he’s not one for big cutesy displays! If we can chill out together, eat lots of food and listen to music (our favourite pastimes), we’re happy. You need three things for this:
- A big cosy throw like this BundleBerry by Amanda Holden number for some stylish sofa time.
- A delicious selection of snacks… you can’t go wrong with Gower Cottage brownies.
- A decent speaker for a carefully playlisted day of tunes. This Bose one is great because you can take it from room to room and connect your phone up for easy streaming.
Sarah, Home & Kitchen Copywriter:
My girlfriends and I always try to get together during the Valentine’s season. We catch up on everyone’s news while we paint our nails, apply face masks, and watch a rom-com – it’s got all of the stereotypes in there, and we love it. This year I’ve got my girls’ night in stash all sorted out, and will be bringing:
- I love Nugg face masks – this set has a huge selection of treatments, so there’s bound to be one to suit every complexion!
- Featuring everyone’s favourite colours, the Nails Inc I Believe in Unicorn collection is perfect for a girly night in.
- Lastly, this super-cool BakedIn prosecco cake kit features a recipe by Michel Roux Jr. and makes for a different, fun activity we’ll all enjoy digging into after.
Shiv, Jewellery Copywriter:
Since having kids, our social life has let’s just say, dwindled slightly. So celebrating Valentine’s Day will definitely be more about cooking a nice meal at home and enjoying some wine, once the two little monkeys are finally asleep! For us, something that’s easy and takes little preparation is a must… leaving us more time to actually chill out, eat and relax together. These will be at the top of my Valentine’s meal shopping list:
- H Forman & Son smoked salmon is super tasty, and feels like a real treat!
- These chicken pies from The Real Pie Company are so easy to throw in the oven and serve with veg, plus there’ll be plenty left over too.
- Perfect for sharing and a great way to finish off a meal, these chocolate boxes from Beech’s are another lovely treat I’m sure we’ll enjoy.
Laura, Fashion Copywriter:
My anniversary with my boyfriend falls so close to Valentine’s Day that we like to combine the two and do something really special, instead of two mini celebrations. We love trying a new restaurant, and this of course means I need to get shopping in preparation. For this year’s outfit I’m thinking of the following: