Two trips to A&E in a week!


Pipa VanderburgJust to give you an update on the dramas in my home at the moment. In one week, two of us from a family of four have been to A&E!

My knocked nose on Tuesday began to swell quite alarmingly and by Wednesday, when I should have been preparing to come on air, I was watching my nose go rather purple instead. Good timing I figured! So off I went to A&E, thinking it may have been broken after all, only to discover the cut had got infected (nice!!).

“We’re just on our way to A&E," my husband called to tell me on Saturday, just half an hour before going on air! Oh joy of joys, just what I wanted to hear when I wasn’t going home for another 7 hours or so!! Myles had been balancing on a basket and then fallen, right on the corner of the coffee table and cut his eye open. Thankfully he’s OK now.

I hope that’s the last of our A&E trips!

Love Pipa x


  1. rebecca speirs November 19, 2008 at 7:36 am -  Reply

    hi pipa i hope your nose is getting better now and i hope your little boy eye is all right now you are one of the best presenter at qvc have a merry chrismas and a happy new year to you and your family take care rebecca

  2. Kristina Moore November 19, 2008 at 6:10 pm -  Reply

    Hello Pipa, I hope your nose is now it’s normal size and that the infection is clearing up. Poor thing. I also hope Myles heals cleanly (I fell onto the brake of my sisters pram once and opened a cut above one of my eyes but nothing but a small line now 35 years later).
    As things seem to go in threes (or is it just me this happens to) I do hope there isn’t another visit to A&E in the offing.
    Take care.

  3. Barbara Moseley November 19, 2008 at 6:26 pm -  Reply

    Oh the joys of being a working Mum Pipa. I can well remember my third child packing her little brown suitcase and leaving home just before I left to do a Weight Watchers meeting—she was all of 6years old. Her trip finished at the summer house at the bottom of the garden but in those days there was no such thing as Mobile phones and you can imagine how worried I was til I returned some 5 hours later

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Cast your vote!

Never miss a post!

Sign up to our QGossip feed to get the latest posts in your mailbox.