2011 for me is going to be an exciting year. There are various apples on the tree ready to fall but here's a few resolutions along the way…
1. I enjoyed jam making so much in 2010 and publishing various recipes on my website that I'm definitely going to continue with my pursuits in the kitchen!
2. I've already bought wool and knitting needles as I'm determined to remember how to cast on… I did it when I was eleven for goodness sake!
3. I'm starting my MA in January so buckling down and putting my studying head on is a must for the New Year.
4. And finally… I'm going to attempt more me time! I was told off on the radio the other day by a very well-known therapist for not taking enough time out for pampering – my knuckles felt well and truly rapped!!
So I'm going to try… she said a facial a fortnight so I'm aiming for 1 every 3 months as a compromise – I think that's good going don't you??
And seeing as we have been in our house over a year now, it really is time they got sorted out because I've been putting it off for so long. So happy new year and here's to clean drawers! Jilly xx
HOWEVER – this January, 2011, I, Debbie Flint, being of sound mind (ok that's questionable but anyway) do hereby declare that I will be keeping a tidy lounge and clearing away the clutter. This is so that I may feel free to create, and to finish my first novel!
There, that wasn't hard was it. Now let's just see if I keep to it! Lol. Hope you keep to yours! P.S. Join us early January for a helping hand with any diet resolutions from a new Diet Chef pack – it's particularly good if you love a treat at weekends!
Try and get some of my mum's friends from the Caribbean here for a girls' reunion – we promise to do it every year and never get round to it. However, we did get in touch with our Aunty Pam, who she hadn't seen since school!
I'm also going to try and be an active member of my gym after March – I usually stop going after March but I never cancel my membership – which is just throwing money down the drain!
I will also try to wear less black on telly, which covers my belly and is very flattering – but if you see the above, it might not be a problem after March!
2. Eat more fruit and veg
3. Have more fun!
4. Go to the coast once a month for a good bit of sea air (whatever the weather)
5. Exercise at least 4 times a week, even if its just a walk round the park
Share your New Year's resolutions with us in the comments box below…