- Need your help this week with some important questions! Which performing dog shall I bring in on Monday!!
- What era do you belong in? Fun quiz!
- Counting down to the Mothers’ Day Debbie’s eBooks giveaway
- Plus Alison Young loses it again with a VERY funny slip of the tongue in this week’s blooper!
- Plus sneaky peeks of the week ahead on QVC!
Firstly, a big thanks to my niece Becky, who came in and helped me have a massive wardrobe clear out this week. She’s a makeup artist/head of wigs and hair department, very busy on the Dirty Dancing tour so am very grateful!
In return she got dinner in the QVC Canteen (the view in the background is the bank of screens visitors see in reception in our Chiswick studios)! So now I’ve got lots more space in the wardrobes… wonder what I will do with that…?!
STOP PRESS – POGGY DILEMMA Question 1. Shall I bring in Gracie or Daisy on Monday on the Pampered Pets show (Monday 10th 5pm)? Was thinking that maybe it’s time for you to meet one of my two choccie labradors – if I can get them bathed in time so they’re not so smelly! They do love a roll in the mud!
But question number one this week – which of the two shall I bring in? Daisy’s more of a performer, but much more demanding. Gracie’s more easy going but lazy.
Watch this and let me know if it should be Daisy Dog! (Info on how to leave me a comment at the bottom of this blog)
[Having trouble viewing this video? See YouTube's Help page]
Pet Problems? I have a second question for you, too, if you have a pet – does your pet have problem skin, fur, or feathers? If so, do not miss the live show ‘cos there’s a brand new product called ‘Pine Fauna’ (Google it to find out more) which may help!
PLUS if you know anyone with any animal (dog, cat, rabbit, horse, mongoose… ok I made the last one up but it probably works on one of them too!) get them to watch too – the owner not the pet, although that wouldn’t be the first time!
Do leave a review on qvcuk.com ahead of the show if you’ve already tried it!
P.S and don’t forget the Vitamix TSV returns Friday (7th) midnight!
More QVC Stuff below.
Now for another quandary, a third problem I need your help with – I have a handbag dilemma! Which of these fab Tignanello’s shall I use next? My lovely teal leather Kipling has had its time so now there’s a choice of two – and I’m totally undecided!
When I did the show recently with Carla, there were a whole host of lovely tempting new designs and these two caught my eye. So – what do you think? Brown vintage, structured, fab organisation (look at the interior pic!)? Or sleek sophisticated dusky purple?! Which one would you use and why? Let me know and I’ll obey the majority next week! (closes Thursday – no prize, it’s just to help me decide!) Weird but I really can’t make up my mind!
TV HUSBAND STRIKES AGAIN
Was supposed to go to dinner with Ingrid and Tina, our guest manager, this week but both ladies had last minute family demands so we postponed. SO – here’s a lovely pic taken this week of me and one of my favourite men!
Really enjoyed being on-air again last weekend for the iPad with lovely Lee Hohbein. Yes he is rather a hunk, but he’s husband in telly-land only so no potential there girls, for those who keep asking! Lol! (P.S I wish! But he can’t be – there’s something missing, but I can’t quite put my finger on it…!)
BUT considering how many of you love our IT Guy, here’s an interesting fact – not only is he a hot shot business angel investor, but did you know that Lee used to be a Rick Astley soundalike!? And also still occasionally performs in his covers band! In fact, I found a little YouTube clip of him singing!
He’s rather good don’t you think? And considering all the fuss that’s made every time I put a pic of him and me together, you know what I should do? Write a character just like Lee into my new novel that’s coming out at Easter, called ‘Diary of a Wannabe Shopping Channel Presenter’. Yes really! And if I did – what should that character get up to?! (Keep it clean, girls, keep it clean! I’ve already had to put some of you on the naughty step! Lol!) Maybe he should be a singer – like, how good is this guy’s voice, really!?! Who knew eh?
Another guest surprise in the QVC section below – which QVC guest has an amazing artistic side…?
P.S Talking of the naughty step, see what fellow presenter Jackie Kabler’s been up to below this last week at QVC – she’s a bad influence I tell you! (see snippets below).
UP LATE FOR THE OSCARS
So how great was this week’s ceremony? And did you agree with the Oscars? Did you stay up late like I did, to watch it all live? (Pretending I was over in Hollywood again like last year, living the dream and writing movies – visualisation eh!? Lol.)
And did you take part in a little piece of history? Yes I was one of the millions who retweeted Oscars host Ellen deGeneres’ pic of the cluster of celebrities in Bradley Cooper’s ‘selfie’ during the live ceremony! You can see I was number 1,194,019 to RT, and it’s now upwards of 3.2million retweets! (for those who don’t know, that’s basically like you’re ‘forwarding’ the message/pic to all your own followers.)
It was a fabulous year filled with fantastic films, and I have to say I was dead chuffed that my faves won the Best Actor and Best Supporting Actor for Dallas Buyers’ Club – (it’s this week’s ‘Watch’ film review below – I saw it last Saturday.)
P.S – I wonder if they’ll ask John Travolta to introduce singers in future ceremonies though after he mispronounced Idina Menzel’s name as she came on to perform the theme from ‘Frozen’… watch the clip below to see what happens! Immediately, some wit created this ‘Travoltify Your Name’ site – very funny!
What’s yours? Click here to watch clip and find out your own name!
As a result, the musical Idina Menzel is starring in – @IfThenMusical – even got into the act, by replacing her name with ‘Adele Dazeem’ outside the theatre on Broadway – I think Idina has a lot to thank JT for – at least her name – both of them – was on everybody’s lips the next day. You couldn’t pay for that kind of publicity!
I love this pic, don’t you?! Even looks like me! Haha!
This week has been interesting, since I have really been focussing on Freedom Eating again, in an effort to reduce further and tone up more, in time for the NEXT monthly ‘before and after’ pics. (If you missed them, see below.)
And, of course, our health drive on our Facebook group has been building up even more steam considering the warmer sunnier weather we’ve been having!
“Good morning all! The sun is shining and happy to share I've lost 4.5lb this week and it's that time of the month!!! All my walking last week paid off! I have also been drinking lots more water and really listening to my body!
I eat only when really hungry say 6 out of 10 on the hunger scale. I have a glass of water first then eat. I have had meals out, chosen healthy AND left food on my plate! So that's 11lb off now-not as far forward as I wanted to be, BUT, I'll take it and keep moving forwards”
S.H. on Break the Habit group.
Thanks to everyone who’s been complimentary again, and liked the before and after pics I posted last week from my Feb-March before and afters. Here it is if you missed it – can you tell the diff?
Recently I had a chat with the lovely Will about the show and all of the lovely ladies supporting eachother online! Go to Will's blog to see it.
THIS WEEK’S Monday Update – Back to You page Monday Update on debbieflint.com will include:
- Manuka Honey really does work on Food Unwrapped
- My sister’s recommendation for those who like a bit more guidance on weight loss – she got it from our Kathy Tayler!
- Back to You blog – there are archived Monday updates packed with fab health facts since January, including links to all the January QVC Back to You shows.
Keep in touch and come join Back to You on Facebook! If you’re not doing the challenge, even if you never post but just read stuff, or maybe you are a little curious about the Link of the Day and other health info? Do still join ‘Back to You QVC’ (open) group, on Facebook now with over 690 members – we’re a very supportive bunch, and you’ll be in good company!
Still to come… winner of last week’s Liz Earle comp… Alison Young’ huuuuge slip of the tongue… and What Era do you Belong In…?
READ IT WRITE IT SELL IT
RiWiSi – my weekly look at all things book!
Books of the Week – Audible’s Oscars Book List!
Well it makes total sense to me! Oscar week with World Read Out Loud day and World Book Day last week too? Perfect timing then, to give you not just one book of the week, but plenty – all on audio book (my mainstay during long car journeys every day) and all based on the Oscars! Enjoy! Click here for more.
BIG NEWS – The Countdown Begins to the Mothers’ Day Giveaway!
You know, when I have a deadline, I produce. It just works that way. SO – this week, I gave myself a new one. Especially for Mother's Day, last weekend in March, I’m going to have a brand new short story!
It's called ‘When Dreams Return’, and is kind of a supernatural love story! PLUS a special weekend of book offers and a big comp!
Three weeks and counting!
MY BOOKS One lovely reader had this to say about the new STEAMY version of Hawaiian Escape-
“This is what I've been waiting for and for me completes the HE story. Not for those who don't like reading steamy love scenes but Debbie writes them tastefully with the erotic and not tacky and just for effect. Roll on book 3!” JoyJoyP on Amazon
Thank you! #chuffedAuthor! (All my book links are at the bottom)
And there’s more! Writing a book? Friday Fiction Focus continues over on my website, including -
- The book boom brought about by a ban, and a genre of erotica I didn’t even know existed…! (Did you? Second thoughts, you don’t have to answer that!)
- How to self-edit your novel – a really useful list of ‘to-do’s!
- And progress for self-publishers – the RNA votes!
To read all this go to this week’s RiWiSi Go Large, here And don’t forget to sign up for the newsletter, to be the first to hear about all my book news, giveaways and freebies!
Guest Surprises – Gabby Bradshaw’s Arty Talents How impressive is this? How about going along this week to Gabrielle Bradshaw’s exhibition of her artwork? Click on this pic to enlarge it – or click here for more info. It’s in Conway Hall at WC1 till 28th March and her art is quite sought-after by collectors! Her days on Tony Hart’s kids art show on CBBC are well and truly left behind!
- Don’t miss – Antthony Skywalker (his latest Facebook pic – hehe!) is back on March 26th / 27th! I’ll be off that week using up annual leave, and preparing for daughter and her BF to move in for a while, but will hopefully catch up with him off.air. His shows will be fun as ever I’m sure! Put it in your diary! Full schedule on TV Guide.
- Shhh! Lovers of Liz Earle, do join me at 10pm on Tuesday 18th March – including – allegedly – a once off kind of offer, if you know what I mean, plus the new bodycare, as we celebrate their 18th anniversary on QVC! Whoop!
Congrats to last week’s Competition Winner, Sophia Kearney, who won the Liz Earle goodie bag. (There’ll be another competition here on my blog end March/ start of April!)
- Not a Lot of People Know This Did you realise that our money back guarantee is one thing, but there’s also a warranty on everything we sell? For quality? Six months on almost everything! And on jewellery and electricals it’s a full year warranty for quality. Another good reason to buy from us!
- Sneaky Peek – This Week on QVC – More lovely stuff to look forward to. First, this Sunday’s Today’s Special Value, from fab brand bareMinerals, including SPF products. More here with Will about it on QGossip, too!
And of course another footwear TSV this Sunday night midnight with a super Clarks sandal (pic on last week’s blog). Then we have this lovely Lola Rose necklace through the day on Wednesday and a brilliant value Perricone 4 pc Plasma set all day Thursday (13th)
- P.S – And don’t forget to look out for pooches galore on Monday’s pet show (10th, 5pm) including one called Maisy, whose little problems on her paws were helped with the use of the new PineFauna product we’re launching! (spray and concentrated dog shampoo). And you’ll see which poggy I end up taking with me on air – if any! Hehe!
QVC Replay/Blooper – my regular reminders that on live TV things can frequently go wrong…!
Claire does Catwalk! Another jolly moment from one of our dear friends, fellow presenter Claire Sutton, this week during her shoes show!
- Alison Young’s Slip of the Tongue! All I need to say here is… whoops!
- Jackie on the Naughty Step! Since Jackie moved dressing rooms, she’s not far from me and Chloe (she shares with Claire two doors down, opposite Charlie and Dale). Well it seems Jackie and Chloe have a little feud going on! Jackie graffitied Chloe, so Chloe left her something unsavoury in her dressing room in return! Funny!
- Stealing Charlie’s Mousse! Not that Jackie was being a bad influence on me or anything (!) but we couldn’t resist filching Charlie’s choc mousse made with Easiyo, after his Jilly Jones show earlier this week! He was none too pleased… lol.
I didn’t have it all, but it was absolutely delicious I have to say – dark choc and EasiYo – gotta be better than milk choc and double cream, right?!
- What a TiFFT* this would be! Geocaching is apparently like a treasure hunt only you leave the ‘treasure’ there and go log it on the website, geocaching.com. There are quite a lot waiting to be found, logged and left, near me in Guildford. How fascinating!
Here’s a fun little blog, ‘A Woman’s Wisdom’, which tells you more about it!
- What Era Are You? Here’s a fun little game – it’s one of those where you give it some info about you and it reveals something you never knew! This time it’s going to tell you which era you should have lived in. I chose Tiger and ‘dramatic’, to give you an insight into why I was given ‘Imperial China’! haha! What’s yours? Click here to take part and leave me a message below!
- Online Awesome Not so much doing the rounds online, but definitely being shared on the web, this fascinating examination of how 13 years can change everything. We’re used to cute animal pics nowadays but once upon a time, it wasn’t that way at all. Watch the video on this link for an amazing fact about polar bears, something I never would have thought possible…
Love this one!
*TiFFT – try it for the first time club! Had lots this month!! What’s yours?
WATCH – THE DALLAS BUYERS’ CLUB
Well! I have to say the film that won two of the most coveted Oscars was absolutely fantastic. I’d actually give it 9 or even 9.25 out of ten. Sooooo good was Matthew McConnaughey, as was Jared Leto, that I’d see it again tomorrow.
In fact, I may go see it again next week with sister! Don’t be scared of going ‘cos you think the subject matter is all doom and gloom, it’s a real ‘bucking the system and fighting back’ movie. And based on a true story too! If you saw it, do let me know what you think by leaving a comment below. I answer them all in normal blog weeks!
P.S – Book Thief – also saw the Book Thief – trailer here – another solid performance by Geoffrey Rush and (apart from a couple of annoying plot holes) it was a worthwhile film to watch. Probably about 7.75 out of ten for me.
P.P.S – next week, Weird Wonders, Tuesday 11th 9pm BBC4! All about fossils… and no, Dale is nowhere in sight! Hehe! : – )
And maybe, the Grand Budapest Hotel – it looks crazy, like Marigold Hotel meets Great Gatsby!
NEXT WEEK – 39 Steps at the Theatre with mummy and siblings – do come back then!
To leave a straightforward comment on this blog, just go to comments, below – write your comment, leave your name and your email (kept private), post, and there you go! Easy! Looking forward to hearing from you!
To keep in touch:
TWITTER: @debbieflint - follow me for behind the scenes updates & sneaky peeks of upcoming bargains
- My QVC Facebook page - click ‘like’- or friend me on my personal one.
- Or 'Back to You QVC Facebook open group' is here - over 670 members. B2U returns to QVC in Sept
- Join the challenge on photo-sharing closed group 'Break the Habit' - your online support system continues till June 29th SUCCESS STORY PARTY/ new book launch party!
MY WEBSITE & BOOKS
Sign up for regular email newsletters including LATEST NEWS about my novels – www.debbieflint.co.uk
Debbie’s books on Amazon – paperback or ebook (eBook is for Kindle or Kindle app)
(Book 3 'Hawaiian Retreat – Helen's Story' is coming in the summer)
Till the Fat Lady Slims is my 2002 weight loss book all about eating like slim people do, following Food Freedom technique.
The Valentine’s Surprise is a short story proving it’s never too late to find your Sir Galahad! eBook only.
WORK IN PROGRESS –
‘Diary of a Wannabe Shopping Channel Presenter’!
Bridget Jones meets Alan Partridge meets Eddie Murphy in Holy Man… coming Easter 2014
'When Dreams Return' – short story - coming Mother's Day 2014!