Today sees another make-up brand join the QVCUK family – New CID Cosmetics. You can look forward to make-up that's multi-tasking, simple to use, innovative and beautifully packaged. What more could a woman ask for?
We caught up with New CID's creative director, Rupert Kingston (left), to find out a little more about the brand…
What can we expect from New CID Cosmetics?
It's a totally different British make-up brand that has been developed over the past nine years on more than 45,000 British women that pass through our photography studios yearly.
How do they compare to existing make-up on the market?
Our line is developed by make-up artists but is for the consumer. Our passion for educating women has helped us create some of the most innovative handbag essentials like our i-Gloss that has a light and mirror and our dual-ended smoky eye pencil and shadow making make-up simple and easy to apply, whilst delivering maximum results in minimum time.
What does New CID stand for?
New Cosmetics Identity
- Flawless skin is all about having really fantastic skin so cleanse, tone and moisturise daily, and massage with your cleanser to take off any dead skin cells. Also exfoliate weekly to bring a dull-looking complexion to life.
- Follow this with a good silicone-based foundation primer. Try our i-Prime – it helps to minimise the appearance of pores and fine lines.
- Finish with a cream luminising cream to bring out the radiance in the skin and apply foundation and concealer only where it is needed. Don't apply it like a mask.
Any tips for creating a glam party look?
- Don't be scared to take a black kohl pencil inside the eye. It's an instant way to make the whites of your eyes look brighter and enhance your eye colour. So take your eyeliner inside the eye and above the eye, and smudge it out, then pick a grey/brown eyeshadow and put this on the outside corners of your eye and apply lots of mascara. It's a very quick way to create a glam smoky eye look and looks fab from 16 to 60.
- Use highlighter on the tops of your cheek bones, brow bones to add a hint of shimmer.
- Mix your lipgloss with your lipstick to give your lips some real punch.