On Wednesday night, we took on the latest trend by creating big hair on our glamorous Butler & Wilson models and presenter Jill Franks – following in the fashion footsteps of Sarah Jessica Parker and Cheryl Cole.
Taking a trip stateside, Cheryl caused beauty buffs everywhere to marvel at the sheer height of her hair on her first trip out in Hollywood. Cheryl was closely followed by style icon SJP, also adopting hair of dizzying heights.
As we always love to try out the latest trends, during Wednesday's Butler & Wilson hour Richard Ward’s team worked their magic to create some voluminous hair-dos! To give it a go yourself, follow Richard's steps below and remember that when it comes to hair, the bigger, the better!
1. If you're creating this look at home, remember it's all about height! After washing your hair with Couture Hair VoluMoist Shampoo and Conditioner, rough dry and spritz through Couture Hair Volumiser Root Booster, focusing on the roots.
3. Next, using a pure bristle radial brush, blow-dry your hair in sections, starting at the nape of your neck. Be sure to really lift the hair at the roots as this will provide the foundation for the finished look.
4. Once your hair is dry set it in Velcro rollers, ensuring that your hair is rolled away from your face. Spritz with Couture Hair Stabiliser Hairspray to provide a flexible, glossy hold.
5. After 30 minutes, remove the rollers and gently brush through with a pure bristle brush.
6. Next, using a low-heat setting, blow-dry your hair with the nozzle pointing towards your face, ensuring that any fly-a-ways are swept back and kept to a minimum.
7. You can now use a curling wand (such as the Yogi Hair Wand) or large-barrelled curling tong sporadically throughout your hair to enhance any curls.
8. Finish with a spritz of Couture Hair Stabiliser Hairspray and you’re ready to go.