– Win £150 of Decleor products in my easy blog comp!
– Cousin Hannah’s wedding in Bath – pics and glad rags
– Helen Mirren twerking?!
– First preview of a new cover for my short story compendium
– Plus sneaky peeks of bargains from Honora, No-No, Perfect Formula and more…
Ok I mean ‘girls’ but whatever you call it, it was a fabulous weekend in Bath at my cousin Hannah’s big day. Mum, sis, and I went along and had some great chats with people we’d not seen for aaages – you know how it is with weddings! Uncle Jeff, Hannah’s dad, is my mum’s brother and has lived in the area for three decades or more.
Bath is beautiful – one of my favourite cities – and a bit of a stomping ground since both my kids went to uni there. See the rolling hills in the village of Limpley Stoke, where the marriage was, in the pic above.
The wedding was inside the hotel itself – with a registrar and pretty décor in the room, you know the thing; white chair covers, ribbons and flowers. Hannah looked beautiful, and her hubby Simon clearly adores her.
Finally, we had a big group shot taken – Jeff’s family and us, including aunty Christine and Hannah’s brother, our cousin Simon (another one!). It’s years since we had one, so am sure it’ll end up in a frame somewhere!
Time for my monthly (ish) competition! I’ve managed to get over £70 worth of Decleor products at salon prices, and all you have to do to enter is – as usual – leave a comment at the bottom, saying you’d like to be entered.
Add which products you like best and why Decleor is your fave, if you like, just for my interest!
Full T&C’s here, comp closes midday on 14th, winner announced next week! COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED
BACK TO YOU UPDATE
And skincare was the topic of our live Back to You chat this week! It’s just three weeks – and counting – ’till my weekly wellbeing show returns to our screens on the 1st September for four of the Monday throughout the month.
So, in the run up, we’ve kept our momentum going since the January series with some supportive posts on Facebook. Plus, I’ve been doing my August Challenge updates on my Back to You blog on my website each Monday.
I’ve managed to keep up the daily freedom eating; a bit of Bodyblade and Leg mMaster; plus dog walking; and – yay! – continued to walk up three flights of stairs every time I come in to work! (see pic above)
Click here to find out more about it and also to read about crumbly oatmeal bars and a bit of what happened in the years I was away from QVC.
Over on the Back to You QVC Facebook group (search and ping a request or see below to join) we’ve had fun on our weekly live Facebook chats too. This week’s live Hub, posting and commenting livetime 8-9pm, was my lovely pal Craigy and also Keeley from Elemis! Go here for a summary of what she said.
This Monday (11th) it looks like it’ll be our wonderful Will I.T. talking about life filming his behind the scenes stuff, his new Facebook page ‘Will Gowing TV’, plus how he keeps so trim – and possibly one other surprise guest too!
And in weeks to come we’ve got Adele from SBC on 25th, and possibly Laura Geller, Antthony, Susie Adams from Northern Nights, Marjolein, L’Occitane’s Alexis, and Decleor’s Fiona at some point too.
Do come join up – it’s a fun group to share well-being info too!
Back to You returns to QVC live at 9pm on Monday 1st September. See below for how to join in.
READ IT WRITE IT SELL IT
RiWiSi – my weekly look at all things book.
I thought I’d mention a new book by one of my favourite authors – the iconic Paulo Coehlo. His ‘The Alchemist’ is often sited on many people’s top ten list. Well he’s got a new novel out – called – surprisingly – ‘Adultery’ – and it’s an interesting story about bumping into a childhood sweetheart and what happens afterwards. The title gives you a clue!
I’m including it since we’ve featured a lot of newish authors of late, so let me know what you think of this one! I’ll be getting it as usual, on audiobook soon as it’s available. There’s an interesting interview with the author too, here.
Audible Update Have been listening to a Katie Fforde one, ‘The Perfect Match’ of late, which I found very charming and a light hearted romp – 3.5/5 – lost out due to narrator over-using same accent for dialogue – will avoid in future as male voices not good. Plot fun though. Liked it.
This week, over on RiWiSi Go Large on www.debbieflint.com –
– What made a New York Times bestselling author go with indie publishing
– Plus the first look at my next title – a compendium including two short stories and a novel.
And you’ll find the full list of my own eBooks and paperbacks, including the Hawaiian Trilogy, semi-autobiographical weight loss book Till the Fat Lady Slims (being updated for September) and other short stories plus some freebies. Sign up to the newsletter to be kept informed – I’ve got some fab news in the offing! Just click here.
Sneaky Peek – had to sneak a look at the Honora Today’s Special Value this Monday night and through Tuesday – mainly because we don’t think it’ll be around much after lunchtime! It’s this pretty Ming pearl and bronze bead bracelet, which may sell out early. Which is great news for my 10pm show if it means a one time only! Join me and the delectable Ralph at 10pm and through the day.
Shhh! – funniest thing – I had a ‘recorded voice message’ from Antthony this week, on Facebook! Saying he’d be delighted to be part of the Back to You live hub (see above) but also that he is with me on 20th August at 10pm including one of those, ooo you know, one show only type bargains?! Put it in your diary ladies!
(The top I’m wearing in the pic is one of Antthony’s – 116010! Click here to see it online.)
Butler and Wilson Ali has a baby boy! Awwww! He’s four weeks old now. Julia is here with the 19th anniversary shows with Simon all this weekend, on Friday and Saturday evenings, then Dale has the Sunday lunchtime special. Ali will apparently be in on Saturday, Jules says, so ‘baby-photo- alert!’
Plus, find out about Julia’s jewellery picks of the month from B&W here, in case you wondered about it! The Art Deco necklace (303426) will feature in Friday’s Vintage show and the snake bangle (303436).
Catherine’s technophobe’s delight is back Yes our lovely Catherine is back with a bevvy of experts brimming with tech savvy demos – pick up some hints on how to do basic things with your devices, on her weekly Saturday show at 3pm. This Saturday both Dale and Lee Hohbein are on.
This week –
– Weekend deals – Saturday Today’s Special Value with @LeeQVC is the amazingly low priced Acer laptop for less than £240 – see his blog about it here! Sunday is the No-No – Amy Anzel’s back with viewer’s telling their own success stories about this iconic hair removal device.
- Monday 11th – as the QVC Customer Beauty Awards return (don’t forget to vote before 22nd) a QVC Beauty Channel alert – on our sister channel, the top ten nail products, featuring Red Carpet manicure at number one!
9am Monday on the QVC Beauty channel.
– And get your natural nails sorted with the Perfect Formula TSV coming Thurs 14th at midnight with me and Ruth – containing four gel coat lacquers (including your usual pink) with the crystal nail file.
OK so I’ve bowed to pressure – since It’ll be Alright on the Night showed that shocking ‘No-No cream in mouth’ blooper again this week, here’s the other classic that’ll no doubt be appearing at some stage. Altogether – oooops!
Just as a little congrats prize, am sending her these clever marshmallows I got from the lovely Percy and Reed team last weekend! (As regulars know I don’t eat sugar much at all, but I loved the thought – they even put the cover of my latest steamy novel, Hawaiian Retreat, on there!)
– Lady and Tramp Hair! Talking of hair, do you remember the Disney dog character who sang ‘He’s a Tramp,’ the Peggy Lee song? OMG, this shot reminded me of Peg the dog – good likeness, don’t you think?! Hairdresser’s next week, methinks! Lol.
– Garden Harvest OK so it’s not a huge amount, but these flowers and veg from my garden still make me proud! Just a little selection. It’s all looking lovely out there at the moment – lots of rain and sunshine – it’s like being in the tropics! And a bumper crop of blackberries this year too, I hear? That right?
- Green Soup Goodness Made this based on one of Marlene Watson Tara’s recipes, using a couple of the garden items, and lots of other greens, broccoli, leeks, celery, courgettes and onions – then topped off with flaked nuts. But like my pal said – ‘would you like any soup with your almonds?’ Lol!
- Facebook Funny Thought this timely topic would make a good ‘Facebook funny’ this week! Lol! Wonder how true it is nowadays! How long do you wait before updating your status? I must admit it’s one of my ambitions, when I’m a grown up and get married again, to do so! Haha!
Mind you, my last BF was totally secretive so I couldn’t mention him at all! Congrats again, nonetheless, to a very – publically – happy couple, Hannah and Simon!
Saw a couple of films this week, nothing to write home about. ‘Autumn in New York’ had a delicious Richard Gere but paying him opposite a supposedly 22 year old dying Winona Ryder was not great! 6 out of ten. Plus a De Niro classic, ‘The Score,’ with a superb performance from Edward Norton but a hackneyed heist theme – nevertheless, I give it 8/10, mainly ‘cos of Edward. Also I recommend ‘Extant’ if you have Amazon prime – apparently it was the most watched programme in America on its opening week! Amazing considering it’s online only. It’s the future, for sure. But then QVC have been doing online videos for years! Haha!
So, what to watch this week? Helen Mirren twerking… Had to include this one this week – our Dame Helen hit the headlines again this week – sans bikini – but by giving the host and audience of a US chat show food for thought. She does us proud, and I’m sure she’s one of the best role models for NEVER ‘acting your age’!
[Having trouble viewing this video? See YouTube’s Help page]
NEXT WEEK –
I will be seeing ‘The Bodyguard’ at the theatre ‘up London’ with family, on Wednesday; plus – being stuck indoors on Sunday 10th ‘cos of the road closures for the Surrey road race – watch the cycling or go blackberrying, which should we do!? Find out next week.
Don’t forget to leave me a comment below!
Have an astounding week! Best wishes.
P.S *TiFFT = Try it For the First Time Club!
To read PREVIOUS QVC blogs go here
To find out more about Debbie Flint go here
To leave a straightforward comment on this blog, just go to comments, below – write your comment, leave your name and your email (kept private), press post, and there you go! Easy! Looking forward to hearing from you!
TO KEEP IN TOUCH:
@debbieflint – follow me for behind the scenes updates & sneaky peeks of upcoming bargains
– My QVC Facebook page – click ‘like’- or friend me on my personal one.
– ‘Back to You QVC Facebook open group‘ is here – or
Join the challenge on photo-sharing closed group ‘Break the Habit‘ – your online support system continues and Back to You returns to QVC, in September.
MY WEBSITE & BOOKS
Newsletter – Sign up on my own website for regular email newsletters including freebies, comps, and LATEST NEWS about my novels – www.debbieflint.co.uk