I was scrolling through my QVC account on the website the other day, looking at the things I’d bought during 2015 (and oh my goodness, such a long, long list. I’m surprised I have any money left some months – working here makes shopping just TOO tempting!). It struck me that there are now some things I simply can’t live without, most of them things I didn’t even know existed until I joined QVC three years ago. So I thought I’d share with you my top 10 buys of last year, before my 2016 shopping gets underway. Here we go (in no particular order!).
1. Cozee Home bedding. My love affair with this gorgeous range of fleece bedding, throws, wraps and even onesies continues. I’ve lost count of how many sets I’ve bought, not just for me but for friends and family too. Winter would be a colder, darker place without it.
2. Revitalash. This eyelash conditioner has utterly transformed my once short, stubby lashes into gorgeous long, luxuriant ones. I have never used a beauty product which has had such dramatic, quantifiable results. It’s amazing.
3. My Morphy Richards steam generator iron. I love ironing (I know, I know, I’m weird), but I love it even more since this came into my life. Incredible steam power, super fast, leaves clothes looking professionally pressed. I will never go back to a normal steam iron again. And if you hate ironing, this will HALVE your ironing time.
4. Join Clothes. I love a lot of our fashion ranges at QVC (MarlaWynne and Trinny and Susannah to name a couple of other favourites) but if I count up how many pieces I have from each range, Join is out in front. Comfortable, stylish, elegant – I always feel good in it.
5. And staying with fashion, Peter Kaiser shoes. Again, there are several brands that I wear a lot of – Clarks comes a close second, and Adesso is rising up the ranks too! But Peter Kaiser wowed me after a long night dancing in a pair of their very high heels at fellow presenter Alison Keenan’s wedding. It was the first time I ever danced all night in heels with NO soreness in the foot department the next day. Fabulous.
6. Tarte make up. There is never a day, either on or off-screen, when I’m not wearing some Tarte. It’s so long lasting, the colours are amazing and the foundation is the best I’ve ever tried. I also wear a lot of Laura Geller and bareMinerals - in fact I wear most of our make up ranges – but I have a soft spot for Tarte.
7. Richard Jackson’s bird food. Seriously, I have never seen so many birds in my garden! They literally queue up for it, waiting in the tree above the bird feeder until a free spot is available, and then zooming in to get their share. I while away many happy minutes standing at the kitchen window with a cup of tea, just watching them. Best bird food ever. And works very well with the swinging bird seat feeder we sell too!
9. My Lenovo laptop. I bought this for travelling, as I have a big old heavy laptop at home which isn’t very portable. This one is brilliant – I love the touchscreen and it’s so light. I wrote half of my first novel on this and am doing the same with book number two. Couldn’t be without it.
10. Turbie twist hair towels. I haven’t used a normal towel for my hair since I discovered these. Such a simple idea but so effective.
I must admit I have already started my 2016 shopping – I bought the AeroPilates machine at the beginning of January to kickstart my New Year fitness regime. I can already tell that it’s going to be one of my favourite purchases of the year, I love it.
I’d love to hear your favourite buys of 2015. Let me know by leaving a comment below this blog. And I hope to see some of you at the big QVC Beauty Bash this month – I’ll be there with Alison Young, Miceal Murphy and loads of our guest presenters on Wednesday 20th. I can’t wait!