- All is revealed – REVEALED! – the cover of my new novel, available on amazon from 28th!
- Debbie Does Daleks – a TVCream online Dr Who Special! – marking 50th yrs of the time lord
- Lynda Renham rom-com royalty is Book of the Week - And which beauty guest is currently featuring on channel 4?
- Plus funny blooper, and the best bargains on shopping telly – sneaky peeks galore
PRESENTING… HAWAIIAN ESCAPE, MY SECOND NOVEL – COVER REVEAL!
This is it! This is the cover of my new novel! Out next week on amazon on 28th with a special launch offer – don’t miss it!
It’s my second romance book, and is actually the prequel to Hawaiian Affair, which is already available on Amazon. The lovely Angela Oltmann designed it again for me. But where are those rolling hills. Whose is that sports car? As you can see, it hints at a special trip abroad, and covers events taking place prior to the last book. We meet sister Helen too – so whose legs are they? What do you think?!
Online Launch Party – so do save the date of the 28th – not only to go to amazon and download the eBook or order the paperback, but also to join myself and my pals Carolyn, Mary Jane and Isabelle in an Early Xmas online launch party on facebook. Click here to go to the event page and click ‘join’ – then visit the event page on the day from within your facebook account, to post some comments and take part in the competitions we’ll be running – including a special chance to win a signed book – which if you’re near Chiswick, you can come in and get signed by me personally when I’m at QVC! Plus there’ll be lots of fun, interaction and other lovely competitions with the other three authors from my writing group ‘The Ladies of Posara Say’..! Hope you can ‘come’!
I’m very excited, as you can imagine, to find out what you think of the prequel, but be prepared, all may not be as it first seems! We meet Helen, Sadie’s sister, and the secrets she is keeping mean that Sadie’s life is turned upside down in more ways than one!
NEXT WEEK – the book is out! From 28th, Hawaiian Escape will be available on Amazon on eBook (for your kindle app on your smartphones, your laptop kindle reading, or your actual kindle!) Or paperback if you love a good book! And there’ll be BIG NEWS of the special launch offer – on both of my books – including on Hawaiian Affair, the story that follows on from Hawaiian Escape! In a word – whoop! : – )
DR WHO IS 50 – DEBBIE AND THE DALEKS – AND THE TARDIS – AND BSB’S DR WHO WEEKEND
Yes, Dr Who is 50. Back in 1990, I was working for 31 West, a nightly entertainment show on BSB (remember the squarials?) and they had the now legendary ‘Dr Who Weekend’. At the time, you have to remember, the TV landscape was very different – there was no easy access to old episodes, no internet, there weren’t even mobile phones (yes really!) yet we celebrated the Time Lord with a whole weekend of old episodes, and in between special recordings dedicated to interviews with assistants, doctors, producers and fans. My pal Shyama Perera and I co-hosted, with former Dr Who producer John Nathan Turner (JNT as he was known, rest him). Dr Who had just ended and it would be a few years till it was reinstated. So our weekend was an oasis in a Whovian desert, and featured the episodes from the very beginning. It was great fun recording the links and I got to do some dressing up – I was very chuffed that I fitted into Honor Blackman’s costume from the sixties.
Well, all these years on and the Doctor, having reappeared, now celebrates his half-century. I got asked by TV Cream – the online classic TV channel – to contribute to their feature. The podcast containing my interview is here. However, it's about 45mins long in total, so lovely Graham from the site sent me a link for just my bit, which he’s done quite a funny edit for.
Tell your pals who are in to Dr Who – it’s fascinating for them, and for people who like archive clips including of BSB.
And do search on YouTube for clips of our classic Dr Who weekend 23 years ago. Ahhh what a weekend that was! My biggest connection with Dr Who – of course my old colleague Paul Lavers was actually in it! I bet you can search that on YouTube too! Happy 50th Birthday, Doctor Who!
Two for you this week – one is from my pathetic attempts at modelling on QVC’s Renee’s show! Who put that step there?! Lol.
And the other is just a little verbal boo boo from Skechers guest Richard! Enjoy!
[Having trouble viewing these videos? See YouTube's Help page]
Still to come…. Best tweet chat ever… How a pound of lard can help lose weight… And which beauty guest is on Channel 4?…
READ IT WRITE IT SELL IT – RiWiSi, MY WEEKLY LOOK AT ALL THINGS BOOK
Firstly congratulations to Julie from Bournemouth who won last week’s J F Penn comp to win a signed copy of ‘One Day in Budapest’. We’ll be in touch for your address and Joanna will dispatch it direct within a few weeks! Another fab comp below. And tons more info on my extended RiWiSi Go Large over on my website – (see bottom of this segment for link.)
Book of the Week –
Rom-com royalty Lynda Renham’s latest release has yet another quirky title – she’s become known for them over the years – incl ‘Coconuts and Wonderbras’, ‘Pink Wellies and Flat Caps’, ‘Croissants and Jam,’ and now ‘The Valentine Present and other Diabolical Liberties’.
She is a well-known name on the ‘recommended’ lists on amazon – and consistently her books shoot up the charts as soon as they’re released – so it’s well worth adding her to your list of ‘authors to discover’ if you like light-hearted rom-coms in your reading!
She’s kindly agreed to offer a signed book as a competition prize, full T&Cs here. Just leave a comment below if you’d like to be entered, and tell her what you think of her books too! I’ll announce the randomly chosen winner next week – closes midday on 28th.
Full interview on my website, but here Lynda tells us what got her started in the world of publishing.
“My first romantic comedy was self-published but I then took things a step further when my husband set himself up as my publisher. We now partner with a publishing sales agency to handle my paperbacks. I’m thrilled to have sold as a self-published author over 150,000 UK kindle downloads, not including paperbacks and international sales. I am a little like Lady Gaga aren’t I? Minus the little monsters, although there are a few of those in my village where I live, but the less said about that the better. People say I keep them up at night, not me in person you understand, but the books. My latest novel, ‘The Valentine Present and Other Diabolical Liberties’ is about a very down to earth girl named Harriet.”
Find out more in my extended interview on my website (see link below) and don’t forget to leave a comment at the bottom of this blog to enter the comp to win a signed copy of her latest book!
RiWiSi Go Large
And over on my website, the book focus continues. On RiWiSi GO-LARGE –
- More from Lynda Renham including a short guest blog written for my column!
- Plus some more excellent writing tips – this time how to write a blurb, ten tips to look professional, and how to create your all-important Amazon Author page.
- Click here to go to RiWiSi page on Debbieflint.com
- Biggest Shopping Weekend Ever On QVC, last weekend, and of course Keeley from Elemis was at the heart of it! Here we were with our sneaky peek on Twitter just before the launch of the massive Xmas Elemis TSV gift pack. Which sold out – the biggest ever in QVC UK history – over 105,000 units! PS – Do follow me @debbieflint to make sure you don’t miss any of the behind the scenes updates! And of course more ‘Sneaky Peeks’ below in my regular slot on this blog!
- H Gets A Look In – and of course our lovely guest Gill Gauntlett played a big role with the Xmas lights sales too – but look what happened – our cheeky cameraman H got in the shot I was about to tweet! Funny! (More lights 1am Fri night and rpt 7am Sat morning 23rd)
- Best Tweet Chat Ever – talking of twitter, possibly the most amusing twitter conversation I’ve ever read. Jaffa Cakes, Tesco’s and Tea! Just go here to read it. Don’t you just love it when faceless corporations suddenly seem human? Very human!
- Buy a Pound of Fat to Help you Lose Weight? Seems like a ridiculous concept but as I read in Fabulous Magazine last weekend, carting several of these around – complete with blood vessels and realistic surface –eurgh – might put you off that cream cake! So I bought one. And yes, it’s not very appealing. Nor very heavy, actually – but 20 would be – so worth a try?! Lol. (Does anyone remember me doing this with ‘pounds of lard’ when I lost 35lb when we used to sell the Freedom Eating books and tapes? As mentioned in ‘Till the Fat Lady Slims’ – it helped!)
- QVC Haiyan Fundraising – As news of the disaster continues, if you want to do what I did and contribute, you can help by going to www.redcross.org.uk/qvc – QVC has joined up with the Red Cross to help victims of the typhoon – our sister QVC’s in Japan, Germany, China and the USA are also doing it. Or you can ring 0845 054 7200 – every little helps.
- Sad News from Charlie Bears’ Will – if you’re a follower on facebook, you’ll have seen Will’s sad update when the TSV was on, on Tuesday, about lovely Charlie, his wife and founder of the bear range, being poorly with ovarian cancer and shortly undergoing treatment. We wish them all the best – go here to the William Morris page to leave him a message if you’re on facebook.
- Alfie Update – and some good news about Alfie the Spaniel with a pacemaker paid for by crowd-funding on facebook – in place of a Pirate the Cat pic this week – this update from his owner Tony – we do love a happy ending!
- Facebook Aw Bless – Ladies and Gentlemen, this week I proudly present – my nieces Lara and Issy in the cutest family photo studio shot I ever did see! Altogether – awwwwww blesssssssss! Brought a tear to my eye, so cute! If you have any that made you feel the same, email them, to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Amy on Channel 4 – An unusual one for you this week! Amy our lovely No-No guest was on with me on Thursday – pictured here – with the No-No set that was actually the item I was selling when I did that awful cream booboo! (What a blooper that one was! Apparently it’s going to be on It’ll Be Alright on The Night’! lol!)
Well, it’s Amy who can also currently be seen on Channel 4 catch up TV, and on Tuesday night with another edition of the show she’s featured in as she tries to produce a musical! It’s working, apparently, as the show will go on – in Bromley, featuring Heidi from the Sugababes as Joannie, and special consultant, Henry Winkler! You can watch the show here – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzHh8U_fjlI
Will’s Xmas Shoot Secrets – Alternatively if you want something fab to watch, do take a look at Will Gowing’s behind the scenes video showing the things that happened on our Christmas promo shoot – fun!
QVC SNEAKY PEEKS
QVC – SHHHH!
If you adore that illustrious pairing of Charlie Brook and Dale Franklin together doing their ‘Alas Smith and Jones’ bit, watch out for another one of their Diamond Extravaganzas, pencilled in for 4-7pm on Monday 9th December!
QVC – THIS WEEK –
- Ok firstly – Vitamix is back with me on Friday night (22nd) at midnight and through the day on Saturday – for as long as stocks last at least – they sold out pretty quick back in August! More than just a mixer!
- Then I present Saturday Night Gifts (23rd) when Craigy is interviewing none other than Gabrielle! Her ‘Out of Reach’ from Bridget Jones’ movie was my anthem from early 2000’s! Join me 8pm on Sat for another two hours of fab gift ideas including xmas gift wrap packs. (ps our last show will be me and Dale on Saturday 14th December. The following week will be our last minute shopping shows on 19th and 20th!)
- Also this week – that fab Simply Beauty magnifying tweezer TSV Sunday night midnight with me (24th) plus the final Andi Peters kitchen show with Dale at 7pm Monday (29th)
Don’t forget 28th is when I’ll be hosting my NEW BOOK Launch Party on facebook! (info above). More of that next week!
Have a great week! Best wishes
P.S. don’t forget to leave me a comment below!
P.P.S. Keep in touch! Do follow me on Twitter for behind the scenes updates about upcoming bargains etc!
Twitter – @debbieflint
My QVC facebook page – click ‘like’- https://www.facebook.com/DebbieFlintQvc
Via my new website – sign up for regular email newsletters – www.debbieflint.co.uk
Or leave a straightforward comment below – just write your comment, leave your name and your email (kept private), post and there you go! Easy! Looking forward to hearing from you!
To read more blogs from Debbie Flint, go here