Yes on October 1st, QVC will celebrate two decades on the UK airwaves, and many of us presenters were here within that first six months of pioneering, and trial and error.
Jilly and I started at the same time, alongside Dave Bradford. I remember my first item on air – I joined the on-air presenter in an hour of QVC Selection, and I sold a lead crystal Irish coffee glass!
Anyway, I loved my first six years at QVC, then spread my wings for 9 years away, then returned – thank goodness! – in 2009.
Here is my current list of top products – things i've bought from qvc over the years and simply cant do without! well, these are the ones that immediately sprang to mind. Let me know if you think I've missed something out!
My top QVC products…
1. Red Carpet Manicure – transformed my nails and saves me hours and hours every month!
2. Lip lift – Gale hayman lip protector and plumper – the only thing that solved a dry sore corner of my mouth in '97, recommended by Alison, I've used it ever since!
3. Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish – removes everything – calming fragrance, soothing routine. No wonder it's an award winner!
4. iPad - cant do without it now I've got one!
5. Pilates machine – If I could only have one piece of keep fit machinery it's this one. Does it all.
6. Bose wave III – Amaaaazing sound – from TV and music – from one powerful little box. Superb!
7. Slim n lift aire slimming pants – these or spanx – solve those 'jelly belly' problems!
8. Tiffany lights – I collect them, love whimsical ones, have a dozen or so!
9. Charlie bears – Am a big collector, genuinely! Any new man will have to watch out – the bedroom's full of them!
10. Grampa's weeder – OMG, no dandelions in my garden – they've all been dug up from the roots by the ingenious gadget!
11. Ojon Rub Out Cleanser – Use it every week at some stage without fail – saves me a fortune by giving me extra days between washes.
11a. Or ken paves style-a-do 'up-do' creating hair and hairpiece – On-air miracle worker – people say 'your hair looks nice' yet all I've done is styled my fringe and disguised the rest under his magical hairpieces!
12. Yankee Candles - No evening at home is complete without them. Fave is home sweet home.
13. Ninja Blender – Perfect for my macrobiotic diet – makes a mean soup and a fantastic adzuke bean pâté (yes really)!
14. Ego hair dryer – just amazingly fast drying, without blowing hair all over the place. In my lifetime it will save me days of hair drying!
15. Tom Tom – sat nav with live services – tells me where the traffic is, saves my bacon as I avoid m25 snarl ups!
Ok that's my list! What's in your 'can't do without' line-up? Or a top product from years ago? Or your first ever product bought from QVC? Let me know by leaving a comment below.
And do join me on my blog again soon – for more news about my writing, now on Amazon too! And watch out for the huge celebrations being planned in the run up to our 20th anniversary in October!
Thanks for reading!