Two weekends ago we ended up camping at a friend’s farm. It was all a little last minute as although it had been planned for weeks, the weather had turned (surprise surprise) and so we decided we would go for the day time fun but not stay overnight as we had all four children with us and thought it would be a little too much to contend with.
We did take our swingball with us and in this photo you can see Vanessa, my friend and our QVC Studio Manager playing with poncho and cup of wine in hand… this pretty much summed up the weekend and it didn’t take too long before we decided we did actually want to stay overnight!
My lovely husband Brian offered to pop home and packed the car with overnight “stuff” for everyone… tents, sleeping bags, pillows etc (an easy trip!!) but then was faced with our bathroom products and had no idea what I use regularly versus what I may use occasionally. He grabbed a few bottles and hoped for the best., sufficed to say none of which removed make up so it was a good job my Laura Geller mascara didn’t budge as I would have looked a fright in the morning!
After the weekend was over, we decided a short SOS list for just such an occasion would be a great idea and seeing as its beauty month I thought I’d share it….
So in order of preference my overnight/next morning SOS skin care would be:
- Sarah Chapman Cleansing Balm and Mitt… takes off make up, soothing on the skin and no matter what mascara I am wearing, never fails!
- Elemis Apricot Soothing Toner, I always always put this on after I’ve washed my face, it soothes and calms perfectly.
- Decleor Hydra Floral …I would usually use an aromessence but with the oils in the cleansing balm, I’d be happy to just apply my moisturiser in such an SOS occasion, I’d use this both day and night too, it can also cheat around the eyes occasionally as is so light, I wouldn’t usually do that though.
- Dr Perricone No Foundation Foundation Serum… for the morning when you’ve slept terribly and want to cheat just a bit!
- Eyebrow pencil… because I always do!