This week I had my first day of the winter so far where I didn’t actually see any daylight. I arrived at work when it was still dark, and left after it had got dark again in the evening! This happens often in winter and it’s a little depressing… but at the same time, it’s actually one of my favourite seasons. I love snuggly jumpers and boots, candles and open fires, faux fur coats and walks on crisp, cold Sunday afternoons. So this week I thought I’d list some of the things I’ve been enjoying about autumn/winter 2015 so far!
1. My sister Loraine, who is a social worker in Dublin, came to visit last weekend with her boyfriend. We decided to walk to a restaurant about an hour away for Sunday lunch, and what a glorious, sunny November day it was! We took a selfie on one country road – we actually needed sunglasses! Fabulous.
2. My love affair with Cozee Home bedding continues. I’m not sure how many sets of this divine, soft, fleece bedding I have now, but you can never have enough, so I treated us to a new set for the new season. It’s zebra print, and possibly the cosiest yet. Yes, I’m slightly obsessed…!
3. We have a lot of great music guests at QVC at the moment and I had the pleasure of interviewing the gorgeous Il Divo for the second time last week. Look out for them with their new album on QVC very soon.
4. It’s sometimes nice to change your look a little when the season changes. I had great fun trying on wigs during our Hairdo show last week, and lots of people said the slightly darker colour really suited me. So I’m thinking of putting a few darker highlights in my hair for the winter. What do you think?
5. It’s been a true delight to get an early chance to try out the upcoming Elemis Today’s Special Value, coming to QVC on Sunday 15th November. There will be a choice between the brand new Sweet Orchid fragrance and the wonderful Frangipani.
Both are divine, but I’m Team Frangipani. Which one will you be, I wonder? My hubby has also been trying out the new pro-collagen marine cream for men. He’s a huge Elemis fan, and has given this the thumbs up, so worth a look if you need a Christmas gift idea for a man in your life.
6. And finally….chocolate is good no matter what the season. But on a chilly day, with a steaming hot cup of tea and a good book, it’s sheer bliss. We have a fab Today’s Special Value from Thorntons coming up on Friday 13th, and yes, I got an advance sample. It’s a tough job, but somebody has to do it, eh?
Hope you’re finding things to be joyful about this season too – let me know by leaving a comment below this blog!
Love Jackie x