Cleanse & Polish was designed by Liz and her business partner Kim to suit both of their very different skin types. Liz had dry, sensitive skin and suffered with eczema and allergies, whereas Kim was oily/combination and suffered from spots.
The product went on to gain the title over the years of our customer’s most popular cleanser, and most repeat purchase cleanser, so for those of you that love it – well done on discovering a true beauty hero.
I hope I can give you some extra tips on how to enjoy it further, and for those of you that haven’t discovered it, persuade you to give it a try.
Firstly, I think the success of this product is down to the simplicity and ease of application. Step one is the botanically-based cleanser which has a rich, but not oily, firm texture which means it softens and dissolves even the most stubborn make-up, and wipes away with the damp cloth leaving no film or grease on the skin at all.
I estimate that it has potentially helped millions of customers to fall back in love with cleansing. It certainly helps with problematic skin or with young skin; those starting aged 10/11 who may be scared of using moisturisers because of spots and breakouts. This product gives a thorough cleanse without unbalancing or drying out the skin, therefore not causing more spots to appear which can be a common problem if you use too harsh or drying a cleansing product.
The calming and plant-based ingredients are also superb on a sensitive skin and the texture feels very comforting, with no drag or irritation.
Did you know…?
- A daily double cleanse (morning and evening) with Cleanse & Polish could improve your skin condition. Try doing this for a week when your skin is at its worst or you are tired
- Use in the morning – massage all over the face before you get in the shower or bath. This will act as a skin protection from the heat or steam (especially for broken capillaries or red-toned skin) and give you a little mini facial at the same time
- If you are suffering from any eye irritations, sensitivities or infections, then use Cleanse & Polish separately on the eye area and wipe each eye with its own dampened cotton wool pad to prevent infection on the cloth, before then going on to use Cleanse & Polish all over the face as normal
- You can cocktail with your favourite Cleanse & Polish by mixing in the Exfoliator and/or Superskin Concentrate Serum and/or Brightening Mask. This will customise your daily and weekly routines. If, for example, your skin is drier than normal, mix a few pumps of the Superskin Concentrate in to give a richer and more moisturising effect. If your skin is feeling sensitive but you need to exfoliate, or you like to do it more often than recommended, then mix Cleanse & Polish in with the Exfoliant and even mix the Brightening Mask in also if you want a morning wakeup call every day. On a weekly basis you could mix all four together, massage all over the face (avoiding the eyes) and leave on for 10/15 minutes as a skin treatment or whilst you are soaking in the bath for an easy, at home facial
- For spotty or infected skin, please use a clean cloth each time to prevent infection and bacteria being harboured within the fibres
- Remember, to prevent sensitivity on all skins, you should wash the cloths with your normal washing powder in the machine, which you know you are not allergic to, because your face lays on the pillows that are washed in this nightly. If you haven’t discovered a washing powder that doesn’t irritate (non-biological is often the best) then you can also wash in your shampoo or shower gel that you use, again a sensitive skin, non-SLS formula is best and you could certainly use your Liz Earle shower gels and shampoos for this
- Cleanse & Polish can be used on youngsters to remove face paints and it is great at kids parties as a one off
- Men can actually use it as a shaving medium, so it’s easy even for the teenage boys to use as their skin and hair growth is changing
- If you or anyone in your family has problems with spotty or rashy chest and backs, use Cleanse & Polish on a daily basis. It’s also perfect on a regular basis for anyone concerned with ageing. Use it down the neck and décolletage to keep the skin in optimum condition
Seen anything else on my shows you may want to try? You can shop all the products recommended on my Alison young Beauty Night In shows online.