Calling all crafters,
We'd like to introduce you to a new craft expert – say hello to our jewellery making guest, Carolyn Schulz! Join Carolyn for the Creating Jewellery show on June 21st and in the meantime, here she is to tell you a little bit more about herself…
Having trouble viewing this video? See YouTube's Help page
Have a go at Carolyn's easy to follow glass pearl drop earrings step-by-step project…
What you need to make the earrings:
• 2 x 10mm charcoal glass pearls from the glass pearl assortment – taupe option (590936)
• 2 x 4mm charcoal glass pearls from the glass pearl assortment – taupe option (590936)
• 2 x silver star bead caps from the assorted metal bead kit (591105)
• 2 x 6mm AB crystal briolette beads from the Czech faceted assortment – black and clear (590941)
• 4 x rhodium-plated eye pins in silver from the jewellery findings kit – silver (590937)
• 2 x rhodium-plated head pins in silver from the jewellery findings kit – silver (590937)
• 2 x rhodium plated ear wires in silver from the jewellery findings kit – silver (590937)
• Round-nose pliers from the seven-piece tool kit (590932)
Check on qvcuk.com for these items on 21st June when they will be available to buy.
How to make a basic loop:
1. Thread bead onto eye pin or head pin
2. Bend wire extending above bead/s at a right angle, as close to bead as possible
3. Cut off excess wire, leaving a small arm of 1cm
4. Grab very end of pin about 6mm from tip of round-nose pliers and twist wire back towards body of pin, wrapping it around one round barrel of pliers
Carolyn’s top tip: Often you can use the excess wire that you cut off when making a loop to create an eye pin. You just have to make a loop at either end of the excess wire!
2. Thread 6mm AB crystal faceted briolette bead onto eye pin and form a loop
5. Attach to the 6mm AB crystal faceted briolette bead from step 2
6. Attach the ear wire to top of silver star bead cap and 10mm charcoal glass pearl
Don't miss Carolyn in the Creating Jewellery show at 2pm on June 21st!
Check out our craft department for more inspiration and ideas.