My history with ladders hasn’t always been good, so you’d think I would take extra precautions. However, I parted company with a ladder last week in a rather spectacular way!
I was painting a wall and tried to step down on top of an A frame ladder from a low roof (bad idea and I should have known better). My foot slipped and I fell on top of the ladder and on to the ground.
This might not have been as bad but the ladder was missing one of the rubber bungs at the top, so the sharp metal made quite a hole in my bum.
I realised that a plaster wasn’t going to be enough and so took myself to the A&E in Milton Keynes. Many thanks to nurse Dawn who neatly sewed 14 stitches in my derrière and didn’t make me feel too stupid for having given myself such a silly injury.
It’s getting better but the livid bruise has shocked the kids a bit and sitting down on our studio chairs isn’t too comfortable. Now that I have had time to reflect I have been very lucky that it wasn’t more serious and it has taught me a lesson, hopefully, be more careful when using ladders!