- bloopers, best bits and book news! Plus -
– Easter family fun – plus this is what I was doing on TV 32 years ago!
- Funniest 3 year old singing country – Izzy belts out Garth Brooks
- Brilliant buttercream and perfect pastry with kitchen aid Holly!
– Craigy’s crazy dancing, and a sneaky peek from Kipling bags’ new TSV
- And film reviews – Oz the Great and Powerful at the cinema
And I need your help with my first novel, when it goes on sale online in May! And join my new group on yahoo for news of when it goes on sale – just an email address required!
EASTER WITH THE FAMILY – AND WHAT HAPPENED TO SPRING?!
First to Easter and it was lovely to see the family on Easter Monday after working all weekend. Brother Glenn’s daughters Izzy and Lara made it double trouble fun! Izzy’s reached the stage where she’s not only singing on demand (see clip below) but also handing out drawings of everybody – the one in the pic was supposed to be me! Lol!
Glenn’s lost about ten pounds without really thinking about it since December, so he’s very happy to cook a la Marlene!
I love it with toasted flaked almonds and spring onions chopped up. YUM!
Although Glenn’s not rigid about it – they have roasts for special occasions too, and this was one of them!
Then after dinner we had tons of fun looking at family videos.
The first one was this hilarious in-car clip – sister in law Boki leaned over and took a sneaky video of little Lara singing her heart out – soooo funny! And Cute! Can you guess which Garth Brooks hit is supposed to be? Glenn’s a country fan – you can imagine what the school run is like in his car!
Secondly it was Memory Lane time again – want to see what I looked like at age 19? Remember Larry Grayson’s Generation Game and a particular Easter episode where a girl did an impression of Kate Bush? Watch this 1981 special, when dad and I appeared. Have you ever been on a game show? Leave me a comment below about that, or anything else that appeals to you in this blog. – info at the bottom on how. Anyway if you’ve ever wondered what it’s like behind the Generation Game door, I can tell you – see the PS below!
And the awful weather continued all week! (Click here to see what it was like on my dog walk on Thursday). Still cold where you are? We’re promised it’ll be back to normal by around 12th – so all I can say is… roll on ‘normal’!
So did you shelter in the warm or did you decide to go do anything – or cook anything – special for Easter? I was utterly enthralled with the talented Holly Bell, who sold out the TSV Kitchen Aid mixer on Sunday.
Loved her fab tips – like ‘whip the buttercream for seven minutes on highest setting, number ten – since the third ingredient should be air’! Hope you got your mixer – she so inspired me I finally ordered one. More from Holly here (click here).
First thing I’ll be cooking with mine will probably be spelt bread and some sort of macrobiotic pastry – it’s all about choosing alternative ingredients instead of the traditional ones, so I feel healthier.
Was sent this pic on Facebook of an incredibly clever and funny cake – a big ‘eurgh!’ and ‘yum’ all at once!
But for me, slightly more eurgh I have to say – on both counts! What’s the most unusual or clever cake you’ve ever had?
BLOOPER – ybf STACEY DOES IT AGAIN!
You know you’re in for trouble when ybf Stacey’s in town! And yes, I was barefaced again for the start of the show! Be warned – it’s a ‘no make-up’ alert! Lol. This week’s blooper is when Stacey starts making some assumptions about what I meant about my legs!
ANYTHING GOES – THE BEST BITS, & CRAZY CRAIGY
Last Saturday as it was the final Anything Goes show, we had a fabulous little montage of some of the highlights from our great Saturday night extravaganza Jan- end March! Here it is again in case you missed it – it truly did feature some of the most memorable TV QVC has done! (Click here)
Top moment from the series as voted by your tweets on the night? Well as our pal Will I.T. announced, most votes went to my lovely pal Craigy, doing his Zumba – take it away Craig buddy!
See below for Russell Grant’s new DVD alternative to Zumba, called Zalza! PS – I must say, Craigy’s just as crazy away from the telly – if you recall, Craig made my year when we went to the medieval night last April, to help celebrate my 50th birthday – here’s a taster of him ‘doing the jester dance’! And it went on for about an hour! Lol. (click here)
STILL TO COME – KIPLING SNEAKY PEEK, ALISON YOUNG’S APRIL FOOL AND OZ FILM REVIEW… But first, all things book!
READ IT, WRITE IT, SELL IT
This week – a funny romance recommendation, and help me decide how many ‘shades’ to make my first novel!
- Self-Publishing Success
– I’ve been finding out a lot more about self-publishing this week, and some amazing success stories! One such came from my very own writing group buddy, Emily Harvale who has sold over 10,000 copies of her first three novels since the autumn. Well done you! Emily’s just published her third book, The Golf Widows’ Club, and it’s currently only £1.99 on Amazon, (for the eBook on Kindle; paperback also available – link below.) Do go try it!
'When Jenna Baker discovers she’ll be personal assistant to Robert Miles, she’s not sure it’s a good idea. She’s been secretly in love with him since she was ten. Robert’s now the owner of his family’s prestigious golf club and, despite opposition he has big plans for the future – providing he can keep his mind on work and not on Jenna and her irritating new boyfriend. But when the past encroaches on the present and rumours start to fly, things begin to change in ways none of them would ever have imagined. Love, it seems, doesn’t play by the rules'
- Fancy it? You can currently buy the eBook for £1.99 or find the link to the paperback with this link – and don’t forget, Emily’s seeking your review so do leave her one on Amazon once you’ve read it! (click here)
- Where do you start if you want to write yourself? Well here’s Emily’s story. Also see below for a link to the writing course in Tuscany!
“I met Debbie on a writing holiday in the picturesque village of Posara, Italy. I had written for pleasure throughout my life but, as I had a career in the City, I hadn’t considered taking it further – until that wonderful week. After returning home, and with the encouragement and support of Debbie and the rest of the “Ladies of Posara” as Debbie called our group, I set about writing and publishing my first novel. ‘The Golf Widows’ Club’ is my third and I can honestly say I’m having the time of my life!”
– Go here to read more:
- My First Novel- Update
Well as you may know, my first ever romantic comedy novel is nearly done. And I’m glad to announce Hawaiian Affair is now only weeks away from being available to buy online as an eBook or as a paperback. BUT I have a problem! There’s some sauce – it’s a bit steamy! Not quite the complete spectrum of ‘grey’, but according to one of my beta-readers it’s ’50 shades of hot – but with a proper story!’ lol.
- So here’s a question – would you prefer a ‘close the bedroom door’ version, as they call it, to also be available? That means it retains all the story, but none of the, ahem, detail? Not everyone wants the nitty gritty I know, and I’d hate to put off some readers with the current content! (Others however, might request JUST chapters 4 and 15 – hehe!) Leave me a comment below please! (And if you’d rather, you can always say ‘Deb’s eyes only’ if you don’t want it posted!) Grateful for your help, thank you!
So this is the plan – ‘Hawaiian Affair’ will be ready to buy from Amazon on either the first bank holiday in May, or the second one – and I’ll be publishing some snippets of it right here, at the end of April to whet your appetite! (no, not the ‘steam’, don’t worry!)
- How to sign up for news
– Next week, more news about the pre-launch readers group you can join on Yahoo. You’ll be amongst the first to hear the updates and read the free samples from my first romantic comedy novel! Plus next week, news of a cute idea for sharing books on the underground!
- NEXT BLOG – Don’t forget, the fab author interview will appear early next week in an extra blog with the monthly competition – you can win a signed copy of ‘Security’ by Mandy Baggot – her eagerly awaited 8th novel. Plus her hints and tips on how to write your bestseller!
- Thanks to those of you who posted best wishes for poorly Holly, the Elder Statesmen of my four pogs – she had a mini op to remove a lump (in her nether regions – eouw!) – and all seems well, although she was very spaced out on painkillers when they let her home! #junkyDog!
- This week launched her long awaited Beauty Institute Peptide Serum with famous matrixyl peptide. Do go do your own research online on 'matrixyl peptide'! – no wonder it sold out very quickly – get it now on waitlist! (item 203509)
– this pic of a superhunk has been doing the rounds this week – along with the question ‘Give me one word for him’! Look at the number of replies at the bottom! You can imagine what some of them, said! Haha!
- Alison Young’s April Fool’s Day jokes – in case you missed it? Her midnight launch of the Perfect Formula Nails TSV featured Alison’s idea of an April 1st joke – some of you were suckered in too! She said it was her final show, then immediately said ‘April fools’. Then later on she also claimed I was leaving and Dale was 60! Haha! Good one Alison!
WATCH – Oz The Great and Powerful – Finally got to the cinema again this week with pal Kerena, and we chose this mainly for Mila Kunis, having seen her on the Graham Norton show talking about it, and also ‘cos I quite like some of Rachel Weisz’ work (The Runaway Jury being my fave.). Yes Oz was cheesy, but the performances were pretty solid and the effects perfectly adequate – I’d say it’d be a good choice to take the kids to see, in 3D if poss. Liked the way it interwove the plot; like the lion jumping out of the forest, then running away – as a prequel to the original. Quite clever! I gave it 7.5 out of ten!
– This week I’m casting ahead to our summer fashion event Sun/Mon 14th and 15th april – with a fab tunic TSV from Kim on Sunday (and if we’re lucky a yong Kim One time Only with me and Ingrid at 6pm!).
Then on Monday, here’s a sneaky pic of the latest bargain Kipling bag – the Garan messenger bag – should be fun!
QVC – THIS WEEK’S HIGHLIGHTS
– Coming up this weekend, as promised last week, that new purple Chiswick Park QVC Excl Nails inc colour at 11pm but it won't be me as poor Anne’s been signed off poorly, so I’ve been moved to do the exciting new Bare Minerals launch at midnight on Saturday! Get well soon Anne, and join me for this brilliant value pack!
And then in the week, watch out for another fun hour of Diamonique by Andrea McLean on Wed 10th at 9pm.
Russell Grant and Flavia’s Zalza DVD launches on Thursday night at midnight, and I’ve been doing a bit of practising at home. It’s really much more simple to follow than Zumba, I think – so if you ever felt left out, Russell makes sure it’s easy to do. Join me at midnight on Thursday 11th/ Friday 12th!
– an update on Holly dog – hoping the lump turns out to be ok! Plus – what is your Werewolf Name?! AND the new British Class Survey – which are you? Take the five question test! And how to be in the first 100 people to be emailed chapter one of my novel! All revealed next week!
Have a fab week yourself and don’t forget before you click away – pick out a topic from above and leave me a comment below!
PS – as promised this was what happened behind the Generation Game door – there was an extremely short conveyor belt with a man putting the things on at one end, and another man taking it off at the other end, both just out of sight behind the doors! Hehe! No hi tech solutions in those days!
Pps – here’s all the usual facebook and twitter info – do follow me for behind the scenes updates about upcoming bargains etc!
Twitter- @debbieflint - follow me for updates, secrets and insider info on upcoming bargains!
My QVC facebook page – click ‘like’- https://www.facebook.com/DebbieFlintQvcUk
Or leave a straightforward comment below – just post and there you go! Easy! Looking forward to hearing from you!