"Skin looks duller, fine lines and wrinkles appear around the eyes and lips, and brows and lashes get sparser," says Jemma, "But my simple make-up tips can help take off ten years."
Jemma suggests updating the colours and textures of the make-up you use and how you apply it to make the best of your features and disguise premature signs of ageing.
Here she gives us her top tips to take off ten years with make-up…
1. Use a primer under foundation to provide a smoother surface for make-up. My Jemma Kidd PRO Skin Rescue Bio-Complex Veil SPF15 is ideal for creating a flawless base for make-up and it helps it last longer too.
2. Avoid thick foundation as it sinks into lines and makes them more obvious. Instead try a tinted moisturiser like Bobbi Brown SPF25 Tinted Moisturizing Balm which provides sheer coverage whilst protecting skin against damaging UVA and UVB rays.
3. A highlighter can disguise deeper lines – use soft pearl colours, but avoid frosty shades, which will draw attention to the lines. Benefit High Beam is a firm make-up artist favourite.
4. To make eyelashes appear thicker, work dark brown pencil eyeliner between the roots, then go over it with a dark shadow and smudge gently. I-Care Eyeliner in Brown from Laura Geller is water-resistant and smudge proof for long-lasting colour.
5. Use a waxy lip liner to prevent lipstick from bleeding or feathering into fine lines around the lips. Apply Jemma Kidd PRO Lip Perfector Anti-Feather, Prime & Plump to prime, plump and perfect your pout before lipstick application.
Get some more tips from Jemma Kidd in these clips…
Applying your concealer
Jemma's make-up bag essentials