International make-up artist, award-winning product designer and beauty guru are just a few terms used to describe Jemma Kidd. So what better way to make her debut on than on QVC UK's Beauty Day on Sunday 18th April? Jemma Kidd will be part of our 'Meet the Experts' shows sharing her expertise.
Here, QGossip caught up with her to get her top make-up tips and find out who she would love to make-over…
I grew up around modelling because of my sister, Jodie. I had always been creative and found myself watching the make-up artists behind the scenes wanting to know their secrets. I felt at home backstage – the vibe, the buzz, the people – I just loved it.
Which celebrities have you most enjoyed working with and why?
Obviously I always love working with my sister Jodie; she has amazing bone structure! Over the years I have also been fortunate enough to work with many actors, artists and models. One of my favourites is Diane Kruger as she's so beautiful and her complexion is perfect for creating a porcelain skin and a strong red lip look.
What should be in every woman's make-up bag?
- A good moisturiser with SPF. If you don't moisturise before applying make-up, you'll find your foundation has disappeared by lunchtime.
- Tweezers: Groomed brows are essential and add structure to the face.
- Concealer: A creamy one which will blend easily to hide dark circles and blemishes.
- Mascara: Defining the lashes with mascara frames the eyes and makes them appear wider and brighter.
- Lip and cheek stain: Give a rosy hue to lips and a ‘flushed’ look to cheeks for perfect natural looking make-up.
What are your top three make-up secrets?
- Invest in good skincare – it's as important as make-up.
- Less is more. I think it's important to remember that make-up should be used to accent your features, not as a mask to hide behind.
- Curl your eyelashes to open up and brighten tired eyes.
Who would you most like to give a make-over to and why?
Cate Blanchett has amazing porcelain skin and I also love Angelina Jolie's features. They are both such beautiful and confident women – on the inside as much as the outside.
What's your most-used daily make-up tool?
It has to be my tweezers – they are amazing. They will pluck the finest of hairs and never cut the thicker ones.
What's this season's look for spring?
Dewy, radiant skin is a large focus for spring. To achieve this, use a skin illuminator with light reflecting particles under your foundation or mixed in with it. As for colours, focus on soft metallics in mushroom, caramel and taupe shades. Purple/violet is also a huge trend.
Take a sneak peek at the full collection.