I’m Faye and I’m the associate buyer for our Kitchen and Food department. This week we're thrilled to be the launching the first ever EasiYo yoghurt smoothie in a delicious vanilla bean flavourand what's even more exciting is we are the first retailer WORLDWIDE to stock it!
We love to bring you exclusive products and have worked hard with our friends at EasiYo to bring you something new and delicious! It has created a real buzz in the office and has quickly become a firm favourite. It contains all the usual EasiYo goodness that we know you love, and I'm sure you'll adore the sumptuous, creamy taste and the luxurious vanilla bean pods. And if that wasn't enough you can buy them now at a fantastic Try Me price of £10.32!
We hope you love it as much as we do, and would love to hear what you think?
Here is a bit more information about the brand and some handy hints and tips too!
How did EasiYo start?
Every morning, Len Light and his wife Kathy would make fresh yoghurt for their eight children. Len knew how beneficial fresh probiotic yoghurt was for you, and over time he came up with an ingenious way of producing yoghurt perfectly every time. In 1993 Len set up the EasiYo Home Yoghurt Company in New Zealand, the 'clean green country' where EasiYo is still made to this day.
What are the benefits of probiotic yoghurt?
Fresh yoghurt contains large amounts of nutrients and probiotic cultures, also known as 'friendly bacteria'. The fresher the yoghurt, the more live and active cultures it contains.
These cultures have a limited lifetime, so for the greatest benefits make up fresh EasiYo yoghurt everyday with an EasiYo Yoghurt Maker. That way, you're getting incredibly fresh yoghurt and billions of beneficial cultures in every spoonful.
Hints and tips
- EasiYo tastes great, is made from wholesome ingredients and is really versatile. Use EasiYo yoghurt as a delicious low-fat alternative to milk, cream, sour cream, cream cheese or mayonnaise.
Here are a few hints and tips to ensure you get the best EasiYo yoghurt.
- Sachets: always use a new EasiYo sachet to make sure all the lactic cultures are present in your yoghurt every time.
- Stir-in whey Stir back in any whey (clear liquid) that forms in your yoghurt. Whey is extremely nutritious and can also be drained from the yoghurt and included in soups or drinks.
- For a mild flavourFor a mild taste, chill freshly made EasiYo yoghurt as soon as it sets, i.e. in approximately 6 hours.
- For a tangy flavourFor a tangy taste incubate longer, i.e. 8 – 10 hours or overnight.
How to make EasiYo yoghurt
- Here's your simple step-by-step guide to making delicious EasiYo yoghurt.
- Half-fill your EasiYo yoghurt jar with water.
- Add the EasiYo sachet and thoroughly mix in the contents. Add 2 – 4 tablespoons of sugar according to taste.
- Top up the jar with more cold water.
- Replace lid and shake.
- Push down the baffle inside the Yoghurt Maker to its limit. Pour boiling water into the Yogurt Maker to the top of the red baffle.
- Place the jar inside the Yoghurt Maker, allowing the boiling water to rise up around the base of the jar. Replace the lid on your Yogurt Maker.
- Leave the Yoghurt Maker for 6 to 8 hours, or overnight until set. Then store the yogurt maker in the refrigerator (4°C).
- Serve chilled and enjoy! Find out how you can use EasiYo yoghurt in your favourite recipes.
For best results
- It's important that the cold water in the jar is clean drinking water i.e. treated water supply, cold-boiled or bottled water.
- When using EasiYo yogurt during cold weather, top up the sides of the yogurt jar inside the Yogurt Maker with just a bit more boiled water. This will help the yoghurt to set better.
- When making yogurt during warm weather, use a little less boiling water (1cm) inside the Yogurt Maker.
- Always clean the yogurt jar and lid thoroughly with a damp cloth between use. Do not immerse in water or put them into the dishwasher.
- It's recommended that you do not leave the Yoghurt Maker overnight in a cold room. However if this occurs wrap it up in a towel to keep it from getting cold.
We hope you have fun and enjoy the magic of EasiYo!
Love Faye x