I’ve been at QVC for about two months now, including the time I spent off screen learning the ropes, and I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s a very dangerous place to work. Dangerous, that is, for the bank balance!
Being introduced to so many new brands and products that I haven’t seen on the high street is proving to be rather enticing. I started shopping within days of arriving in Chiswick – here’s a list of what I’ve bought so far.
1. Cozee Home Faux Mink & Fleece bedding (see picture of it on my bed – that’s the silver colour, it's gorgeous!). I had never seen fleece bedding before. It is INCREDIBLE. Even my husband is wowed by it. “There just aren’t any cold spots!” he keeps muttering.
2. Ultrasun sun cream for a holiday we took in Barbados just after I started at QVC. Nice big pots and no burnt bits – excellent.
3. The January snow hit the UK while I was in Barbados, so while I was lounging by the pool I logged on to the QVC website and bought some WinterTrax. When I arrived home, the WinterTrax were there waiting for me but the snow was all gone. Never mind, I’m sure there’ll be more…
4. A second set of Cozee Home bedding, identical to the first, because we simply couldn’t bear to take the original set off the bed to wash it.
5. A Simply Beauty Single Hair Epilator. Dinky little gadget for those personal grooming emergencies.
6. A Lulu Guinness keyring, a birthday present for a friend. She loves it.
7. Er… a third set of Cozee Home bedding. Yes, I may be getting slightly obsessed with it.
Also on my shopping list…
The Beurer Shiatsu Massage Cushion (I had no idea I wanted one of these until I saw it here. QVC does that to you.); a Lulu Guinness handbag; some RevitaLash so I can get the long luscious lashes many of the girls at QVC have; and several dresses from the WithSleeves collection by Lesley Ebbetts. And that’s just for starters. Oh dear…
Have a great week – and happy shopping!