– “Kung Hei Fat Choi”! Welcome year of the horse!
– Me and BFF time! Treats with LJ ‘up Laaandan’!
– Watch the final Back to You here
– Mr Selfridge book of the week!
– And highlights, bloopers and sneaky peeks from the week ahead on QVC!
Firstly – stop press! If you’re a Friday reader of this blog, you may still be in time for this fab Yong Kim Friday Today’s Special Value tunic, which I launched Thursday night midnight – if it’s still available!
And how lovely did Tova Borgnine look – again? (Her fab fragrance set sold out early, but lots more is online, click here to see her range, great for Valentine’s Day or Mothers’ Day!) And don’t forget today’s (31st) final January TSV!
LJ’S LONDON – A DAY UP TOWN WITH MY BFF!
So what did you get up to last week? I took some time out for one of the most enjoyable days I’ve had in a long while. LJ Rich, one of my bestest friends in the whole wide world, treated me to a massage treatment at Walk In Backrub, which was just down the road from one of the most lovely tea rooms in London, where we simply HAD to go sup!
She knows so many interesting places to go in London, far more than I ever discovered even when I was at uni at LSE.
Plus, I perused the wonders of the Apple store, it had to be done. It was the 30th anniversary of Apple that day, I booked some workshops to help me learn how to be efficient on my new Macbook Air, which I treated myself to, on which to write my third novel (out in the summer on Amazon).
The Mac is 30 Following last year’s intensive hard work – writing and publishing my two novels, which earned sufficient royalties to pay for a nice treat or two – and being an iPad/iPhone girl, it seemed logical to go the whole hog and get a Mac.
(Am loving the Macbook so far, but if you don’t have a laptop yet, see below about Saturday’s ChromeBook TSV with Lee Hohbein.)
My pal LJ is missus technology at BBC Click now, having left QVC four years ago as a guest. She’s such fun! And so was being pummelled…
Marvellous massage. Ohhh it was heaven! I went in with a very tight neck and shoulders and within thirty minutes the skilled hands of the guy with the massage chair made them much more relaxed. Truly wonderful. One of my favourite things. (As and when I get another man, it’s a deal-breaker that he has to be good at that! #LiveInHope Lol)
It was a lovely afternoon/evening, topped off with a meal at a delicious sushi café called Kula Kula, have you been there? And lots of banter and gossiping of course!
Go here for more info about this lovely little venue Camellia's Teahouse and do go say hi from me! I bought some of their wonderful bespoke teas and revelled in the 50’s style décor and mood! Will definitely go back there again!
[Having trouble viewing this video? See YouTube's Help page]
FINAL BACK TO YOU
Well the January Monday night run of our ‘New Year, New You’ type show is now over, but I thought I’d continue with a little health item each week nonetheless. I’m told they will shortly discuss whether the show was worthy enough to bring back later in the year.
(And thanks to the several of you who have emailed asking for it to return. Do say why, if you send one – there’s still time – another two weeks to be precise – so email this address now! Just say why Back to You helped you or why you enjoyed it – email firstname.lastname@example.org)
If you’d like to see the whole of show four last Monday, go here. And I apologise now for showing you my abs! Lol.
So here’s a great juice recipe! I’m a big fan of juicing, vegetable juices mainly, more than fruit alone as there's too much fructose. I think I put on half a stone in half a year drinking a well-known brand ‘with bits’ every morning a few years back! Then I watched 'Sugar: the Bitter Truth' and found out why!
Anyway, this yummy recipe was posted on our Back to You Group on Facebook. And next to it, my effort using our Jack LaLanne juice machine. It did taste lovely (I left off one of the pears from the recipe stated) and I’m not even a fan of celery!
Much more just like that on our online support group. Jane Sargeant posted this pic of her pa, enjoying the one minute bodyblade challenge! How fabulous!
Keep in touch. Do go and join the ‘Back to You QVC’ group on Facebook – now with over 650 members – we’re a very supportive bunch, and you’ll be in good company! And on Saturday (1st) I’ll have a big announcement about something I’d like you to join me for, in the run up to Summer!
Plus on my own website, see the fabulous hints and tips from others, on a special Back to You blog page – there are four weeks’ worth of updates for you to look back on if you missed it all, with lots of info and links and pics and stories from others. That’s on www.debbieflint.co.uk where I’ll write a new post each Monday for the B2U gang!
P.S – well done to these winners of last week’s bumper competition:
Prize 1 to Lynne Sneddon
Prize 2 to Faye Billington
Prize 3 to Rebecca Gokmen
Prize 4 to Eileen Mitchell
Another comp at the end of next month.
Still to come… Clare and Charlie get the giggles … which of my fave fashion guys is back on air soon? … and super sneaky peeks!!
READ IT WRITE IT SELL IT
RiWiSi – my weekly look at all things book!
Book of the Week
Mr Selfridge is back on our screens and how much are we loving it! Well I thought I’d feature the book which the series is based on – ‘Shopping, Seduction and Mr Selfridge’. It’s a fascinating, factual account of his beginnings in the USA, and how he transformed the whole department store shopping experience in the UK in the early 1900’s.
I didn’t realise – probably because the actor Jeremy Piven who plays him is so young – that Harry Gordon Selfridge was over 50 when he first came to London! Tons of fabulous info in this book about early retailing and his show-stopping publicity stunts – as well as his womanising!
But I think the series on ITV is even more fantastic. Do you? Here’s the ad for it – one of the most stunning trailers I’ve ever seen.
And as a special treat, here’s the link to the first series’ Jonathon Ross interview with Mr Piven/Selfridge himself! Phwoar! Lol!
Writing a book?
Just as I get close to finishing my steamy chapter (from Hawaiian Escape, my second novel, which will be available soon as a free download – I’m aiming for Valentine’s Day!), I find myself planning ahead to Book Three and thinking of characters.
I’ve realised that my mother is more than a little responsible for Grace, who is Sadie and Helen’s mum in my books (see bottom for links to Amazon for my novels).
So I thought I’d ask… which character in which of your favourite novel is like someone you know – or you?! Leave me a comment below, I’m curious.
And if you are a writer, make sure you check my regular Friday writing blog – RiWiSi-Go-Large. Read more on my own website www.debbieflint.co.uk including, for self-publishers, whether it's 'OK' to rewrite your early novels, how to write children’s books, plus Story, the famous scriptwriting seminar. All on the latest RiWiSi update just click here!
– Sneaky Peek! Join me next month for this fabulous Bethlehem Lights lamp launch – trust Gracie to get in the act! And lovely Laura Geller is back with a five piece Baked set on Sunday 9th Feb. I’m not in ‘cos I’m at a writing course that weekend, but it’ll be busy!
– Shhh! Very excited to be doing a Trinny and Susannah Today’s Special dress launch very soon – fab if you need a bit of ‘shaping up’!
– Stunning Ammolite Returns Whether you watch this fabulous fossil-jewellery range for the unusual stone, or for the guest Ken, ( 😉 ) he’s back with Jill on Thursday 13th at 10pm.
– Scruncher Watch – Week 3. Talking of Jill, her beloved bulldog Scruncher is still missing from Windsor Tow path, opposite the Brown's restaurant, since January 16th. Keep an eye out pleeeeez. And spread the word. Contact info on this pic – make a poster if you feel kind. He has distinctive bald patches on his sides. Reward for return. #LiveInHope
– Not a Lot of People Know This DID YOU KNOW that you can sign up for email alerts for TSVs coming up from your favourite departments. So if you don't want to miss the next fab Jewellery offer, sign up! Go here to sign in to your account (or create one) and go to 'My Account'.
– BLOOPER – Clare and Charlie in Monday’s three hour gems show – whether it was sitting next to Charlie that made Clare so giggly, or just sitting still for three hours I don’t know, but I thought we’d ‘Grabyo’ this priceless moment so you can enjoy it over again!…
– Chinese New Year “Kung Hei Fat Choi” to everyone who celebrates and best wishes to all those born in the Year of the Horse, (1943, ’55, ’67, ’79, ’91, or 2003) the 15 day celebration starts today on Friday (31st). Go here to find out eight things you probably didn’t know!
– CBBC flashbacks As you may know, I was the first girl in the Children’s BBC broom cupboard, standing in for Phillip Schofield in 1986. Well I got an interesting package this week… what was it? All will be revealed in next week’s blog…
– Brother’s Birthday Bash Had a lovely get together with my ‘little’ bro Glenn, his family and friends, and sis Lin and co at the weekend. I had a delicious curry but what with lack of sleep last week, and probably a bit too much creamy sauce and so on, I ended up with a cough earlier this week! Serves me right.
The meal in Chipstead was enjoyable tho’. Only another year and he’s 40! Eeek!
– Funny – 21st Century Parenting So true – I bet this is going on all over the UK – is it in your house? It would have been if mine were still small! Instead, I just sat them on the mat! Haha!
WATCH – Well since CBB is over (well done Jim Davidson) and I’ve been tied up with admin and writing my steamy chapter this week, I haven’t seen any films.
I’m off to see the Wolf of Wall Street on Sunday, but I thought I’d just include a little ‘freebie treat’ for you to WATCH this week. On a recent Ellen show, Meryl Streep rose to the challenge to act out a recipe in a given style. And what did Ellen choose? Sexy of course! And the others are sheer brilliance too.
All bow to the Queen of dramatic arts, and do watch out for her in the brand new cinema release ‘August Osage County – trailer is below – a film I also hope to see soon too! Meanwhile, enjoy this clip – Meryl performing as you’ve never seen before! Lol Sheer genius!! RESPECT!
THIS WEEK – apart from the highlights above, join us for:
– Today’s Special Value Saturday – Chromebook! – hope you haven’t missed it! Lee Hohbein’s beside himself he’s so excited about the brand new technology in this unusual laptop which may solve so many of our regular gripes with IT. Incl 8pm on 1st with me!
– Tresonics Tues Midnight Suuuuch a great product! I’m launching the new one as TSV on Tuesday night 4th, it’ll be very busy! It’s a wonderful cleansing/infusion hand held device which every premium face-cream person should try.
– Antthony’s back! And finally, yes, our favourite LA Guy returns for more fab fashions don’t miss his shows from Wednesday next week, including my show, Thursday 6th at 6pm – yay! – And don’t forget you can find all your fave shows and hosts on our TV guide here.
NEXT WEEK – Wolf of Wall Street, what was in that CBBC package, and join me for my Break the Habit Challenge, big announcement next Friday…
Have a great week!
*TiFFT = Try it for The First Time club! Shhhh – watch out for big news about TiFFT’s when Back to You is over!
To read PREVIOUS QVC blogs go here
To keep in touch:
TWITTER: @debbieflint - follow me for behind the scenes updates & sneaky peeks of upcoming bargains
- My QVC facebook page - click ‘like’- or friend me on my personal one.
– QVC Facebook ‘Back to You Group’ is here
– Or leave a straightforward comment below – just write your comment, leave your name and your email (kept private), post and there you go! Easy! Looking forward to hearing from you!
Debbie’s Books on Amazon –
Hawaiian Escape, the prequel is also available on Amazon in eBook or paperback.
Till the Fat Lady Slims is my 2002 weight loss book all about eating like slim people do, following Food Freedom technique.
The Valentine’s Surprise is a short story proving it’s never too late to find your Sir Galahad!