- A gaggle of presenters at our giggly xmas lunch
- Up town to the Ice Bar and Choccywoccy
- Gracie is getting better
- Plus – fab funnies from QVC bloopers & sneaky peeks of upcoming bargains!
PRESENTER LUNCH BUNCH
Well it was a lovely get together – in the Bollo pub not far from QVC in Chiswick. It was split over two days, for obvious reasons – so do go look at others’ blogs to see more. But I thought this year I’d let the pics speak for themselves! Here’s the rogues’ gallery!
And of course the obligatory group shot at the end! If you have a bit of a works’ do this year, hope it’s fun and that the food is good! Apart from bullet-like sprouts (and I’m partial to a nice sprout!) it was all rather delicious!
ICE ICE CHOCCYWOCCY!
So off we went for the final part of the celebrations for the ACTUAL day of my sis Linda Bignell’s 50th birthday. This was the one in which we all went to a bar made of blocks of ice in -7 degrees, wrapped up in ponchos supplied by the Ice Bar, and thick gloves, to drink cocktails in glasses made from ice! Very atmospheric, and very cold!
Weird experience – and OMG how warm did the day feel when we emerged after our allotted 40 mins! It’s just off Regent St in Heddon St, W1, costs £13 to go in, and does represent an unusual way of celebrating a special occasion that’s for sure!
Go here to find out more. Thing is, depends on who you go with and if they behave themselves – brother Glenn decided to ‘eat’ the glass…
[Having trouble viewing this video? See YouTube's Help page]
Then off nearby to have ‘tea’ at ChoccyWoccyDooDah the famous choccy cake shop – and yes it was delicious – I did have a nibble myself – and felt yuck later! Lol! But delicious for a special occasion. Thanks to Davidge and Kat for helping arrange our group trip ‘up laaandan!’
So, a very happy birthday to my lovely sis. She’s now officially old enough to qualify for SAGA – welcome to the club! Hehe!
A veritable smorgasbord of highlights this week! First there’s Charlie’s funniest ‘dancing exit’ from a show’, go to Charlie's blog to see the clip! Then there’s Dale from Thursday morning with Santa…
Then I had to include Lulu's hilarious review of her own product! Got Jilly and Lulu into a fit of giggles!
RiWiSi – My Weekly Look at All Things Book
Book of the Week – Fifty Sheds Damper – a parody
Well, considering this was my contribution to Secret Santa I thought I’d offer it up as a novelty ‘book of the week’ – even tho it’s a parody – and very funny it is too!
Anyone seen it and know the book I mean? Great gift idea if someone’s not yet covered – if you can get instant delivery!
Women Scorned Review – Worth a mention, thank you WomenScorned.com, who this week added me to their recommended reading list – go here to read more – and do try their tongue in cheek site to see what else they offer ladies who’ve had similar experiences!
- Cousins' Bash - Sunday saw the annual 'cousins n mums' bash in the local village hall- where I relocated a couple of years ago when it got too many for my house. Best xmas jumper pic – mum won! Lol.
After we went back to theirs, Lindy Lou popped by and opened her purple slanket birthday present from me, which the girls promptly snuggled under with her, to watch one of my fave DVDs from childhood – the 1972 ‘The Amazing Mr Blunden’. Fab memories!
- Goody and I meet the Moshi’s - Last Saturday’s SNG finale meant little Lara was a bit envious that Goody, our lovely model, and one of my best mates, and I got to meet the Moshi Monsters live on air! Lol! Who’d have thought they were so tall?! Course, the toys we we're selling are super small, just go here to see them!
- Gracie’s OK – Ta for all your good wishes – like this ‘get well card’ from Andie Sacks. Yes, Gracie’s little eye has been removed, and replaced with a prosthetic rubber one (shocking I know, but it’s only a big thing if I make it one, so am putting it in context by knowing she’s going to be absolutely fine, and will look ok, and be ok, and that’s more than can be said for lots of things this year, so there we are.)
And she’s recovering well – she’s been almost everywhere with me this week, being well looked after!
- New pic time - We all had new pics done recently – mine’s in a lovely Ronnie Nicole 50s style dress that always sells out. They’ve done a good job! Not very flattering but hey ho! ‘Does this pose make me look fat?’ ‘NO, your fat makes you look fat!’
- Will and Jodie Prenger – Which reminds me – more info about how you might help yourself lose weight with the New Year’s Day TSV (join me midnight New Year’s Eve if you’re not an auld lang syne fan!) – from Jodie Prenger, in Will IT’s nice little interview – she’s so lovely! Can’t wait to meet her!
- OK – what would you? Two words – go on then, you can stretch it to five if you must… Leave me a comment below. This was circulating on Facebook this week. Mine might be – ‘leave after the first time!’ lol! Or 'don't eat all the pies!'
WATCH – Gosh where to start! Soooo many Xmas films and cinema offerings! But I have to defer to Sky Movies to bring us a film I’ve wanted to see for ages – 'Cloud Atlas'. Here’s the trailer – I just love anything to do with time travel or connections with ‘other lives’ – I’m a glutton, what can I say! (Mark out of ten to come)
P.S. Brian Weiss Workshop in May 2014 – had to mention this, as it’s a similar theme! In May, the day after my birthday, I’ll be treating myself to a Brian Weiss workshop – he’s the author of 'Many Lives, Many Masters' which is just fascinating!
As the subtitle says – "The true story of a prominent psychiatrist, his young patient and the past-life therapy that changed both their lives." If you like what I like, come watch it with me – you can book via Hay House here – May 11th, all day, London. Cool!
QVC – SNEAKY PEEK
Women With Control slim leg trousers anyone? Book your place in front of the remote control midnight 1st January to see in the New Year with me and some fab trousers!
QVC THIS WEEK –
A fab Saturday charity event with QVC cares, and an EMU Australia TSV on Sunday plus the following!
- QVC’s Great Winter Sale – from fashion to jewellery, bargains galore 24-26th! (And 30th!)
- Plus a three-hour Gem Fest 15th Anniversary show with 3EZ on everything at 7-10pm on Saturday 28th December – with Dale and Jill.
Happy Christmas! I’m off from Sunday 22nd until Monday 30th – so I hope you have a wonderful yuletide, get some fab pressies, and have some super family times.
If you have any spare time to read – and you’ve got my novels from Amazon – do let me know what you think! I’ll be busy finishing off the ‘Hawaiian Extra’ chapter, which I will – as promised – upload for you so it’s available before the end of December. More news next week!
A shorter blog than usual next week too – for obvious reasons!
Then it’s full steam ahead with the New Year and a wonderful new promo will be running for my new Monday evening 9pm show – ‘Back to You’ – which promises to be very interesting! Watch this for now, and tell me what would make you feel more like your old self?
Make a new year’s resolution to leave me a comment each week if you enjoy my Friday blogs! Hehe!
P.S. You didn't think I'd blog without the big proposal did you?! It's been a brilliant week for QVC with our first on-air proposal! Will I.T and his partner Steve! Awwww! Read Will's blog for his reaction the next day! If you haven't seen the clip before (but I know a lot of us have!), enjoy!