1) The ancient Greeks believed that diamonds were splinters of stars that had fallen to the earth.
2) It's estimated that only 500 tons of diamonds have ever been mined in recorded history to date.
3) Only one diamond in a million weighs one carat or more.
4) The largest diamond ever found weighed in at a whopping 3106 carats.
5) The reason an engagement ring is worn on the third finger of the left hand dates back to the early Egyptian belief that the vein of love (vena amoris) ran directly from the heart to the top of the third finger, left hand.
Don't forget to tune in for our four-hour Diamond Spectacular from 1pm to 5pm on Friday 4th June.
View our Diamond department