Had a fabulous evening at the Romantic Novelists’ Association summer party – and look who came! Plus – see below for how to win a Liz Earle Superskin Eye Serum, plus sneaky peeks of their upcoming Today’s Special Value offer; and … can you eat these? Weird plant alert in the garden!
My First Awards Bash
Well I’ve been so chuffed to be included amongst all the contenders for the renowned ‘Joan Hessayon Award’ for participants in the New Writer’s Scheme within the RNA, to be announced at the regular May bash near The Ritz. So Jules and I went along – for her first ever Summer party and my first ever award nomination! It was as usual a lovely evening where I caught up with lots of pals and fellow authors, saw my publisher Lyn and she had some fab news for me.
STOP PRESS! Lyn says that WHSmith Travel outlets have signed to take my Till the Fat Lady Slims book in paperback – it’ll be a version of the one which I sold on QVC in hardback which sold out completely so hopefully it’ll go down well! Will keep you informed. V EXCITING! More here.
Anyway it was lovely to have a catch up with 20 or so regular faces within this lovely community of like-minded ladies. Many from my publisher Choc Lit. And others I have known for six years or so. The actual winner was talented Author Claire Harvey with her wartime book the Gunner Girl, well done her!
I was chuffed to receive a certificate and a little check for £50 for being shortlisted! Very happy with tonight. I introduced Julia to lots of the ladies there too.
I also caught up with my mentor Julie Cohen, there with the brilliant Rowan Coleman who admired the Kim n Co maxi I bought myself during Kim’s last visit. Julie is fabulous, as are her workshops, she has helped make Take a chance on Me what it is today. And Lyn my publisher told me that they have sold the rights for the translation for France, so there is another first for me as well. What a brilliant week
Find out more about my book Take a Chance on Me, here, along with how to get it, and my other novels, short stories and non-fiction which are shown at the bottom of this blog.
Sneaky peek of Liz Earle TSV Stand by for a special show on Saturday 28th – I’m on the 11am hour! Yes, I know. Well, my body will be there even if my brain hasn’t woken up yet. But I’m sure Caroline Archer will pick me up as we’ll have the next amazing Liz Earle Today’s Special Value from our top skincare range. Featuring the full sizes of the Superskin moisturiser in Neroli or original, along with – a first – the new Superskin eye cream. It’s £35 on its own and getting rave reviews already – the three five stars all talk about improvement in dark circles amongst other things. Ali Young says it might be particularly good for people new to or scared of eye creams due to sensitivity, or if you prefer lighter, less over-strong, more natural ingredients.
Come back to this blog next Friday to get the offer early!
Facebook competition! How would you like to enter my Facebook page competition to win a Liz Earle eye cream? T&Cs here. Just click this link to go to the Facebook page post to see what to do to be entered – Deb’s Liz Earle Facebook Page Comp. Don’t forget to ‘like’ the page itself too, to see all my updates when I’m not on QVC (or put this link into your favourites if you’re not on Facebook. It’s a public page so you don’t have to be on Facebook to read my updates – www.facebook.com/DebbieFlintQVCFanpage/ )
View from my coffee cup Well my garden has been my pride and joy this week – including weeding, planting, baskets and bedding plants. Then a cuppa whilst I sat back and enjoyed it. This was my view – well one of them – it’s a big garden in my latest home! I’m keen to find out what grows up during spring and early summer as I only moved in last August. It’s packed with beautiful blooms though! The smell nearby this little setting was amazing too.
Gracie gets cosy Ahhh bless! Look at little Gracie dog all covered up. I jokingly tossed the blanket on top of her since she was lying on the flat floor and she didn’t move – for two hours! Haha!
What on earth are these? Can you eat them? OMG I have been faced with a weird plant crop springing up in part of my garden – they LOOK like spring onions, but they don’t pull out of the soil the way spring onions do – plus they smell like spring onions, and taste like them too, but have these weird little bumps on the bulbs at the bottom. Eek! Do I thin them out and leave them to sprout? Plus the guy who lived here before me wasn’t a kitchen gardener, he was a flowers man. Maybe I’ll leave them be and see what happens. What do you think? Leave me a comment below! For a video of them, and a closer look go here to my newsletter blog.
What the heck? Worst pic ever for a food ad! I don’t know what the photographer was thinking when he took this pic to go with a Groupon ad for a restaurant – ‘specially since it’s to go with a ‘flight’! Bzzzzzz ! lol. Unappetising or what!
Book of the Week – One Small Act of Kindness by one of my recent fave authors, Lucy Dillon, who wrote a Hundred Pieces of Me which was fab. Her characters are very human, and get into some very unpredictable situations, which took me by surprise, me missus ‘let me guess the plot!’ It’s my book of the week over on my Read it Write it Sell it blog here. Along with more about the RNA awards event.
TTFLS Back to You blog – NSVs Focus on Non-Scales Victories. There’s a special way we discuss our little wins on Till the Fat Lady Slims Facebook group – anything that doesn’t relate to weight loss is called an NSV. They’re so important, as the scales can be the bane of your life, can’t they? Find out more about them, read some, and hear the basic story of Freedom Eating in my own life here.
Countdown to June 12th We have now had five very firmly pencilled in QVC guests who will be attending my upcoming Medical Detection Dogs Vintage Teas and Fete in Dorking RH56QQ, 12-5 on June 12th.
Here’s who will be coming along to the event
- Abi Cleeve with her Ultrasun face analysis machine and lots of samples to try
- Tom Ogden (TBC) with five-minute hand massages and mini consultations ft Alpha H
- Adele from SBC
- Emma from Imedeen with her collagen analysis machine – bookings will be available prior to the day
- And my pal Gill Gauntlett who will be attending in the day as well as for Patrick’s quiz in the evening!
- Plus lovely Linda Magistris will be laying on the Vintage Tea Rooms! All in aid of MDD. In addition some of the wonderful dogs and reps will be there. Table top sale, tombola, Guess the Sniff stall, etc. Please come!
I’ve now set up event pages for the two events happening near me on Sunday June 12th –
There are nice B&B, Travelodge and hotels nearby, plus nearby Shere Village Street party is the same afternoon so you can go to both if you need more reasons, plus if you want to make a weekend of it, and stay over, the day before is the annual Abinger Common Medieval Fayre in the next village (June 11th). Lovely restaurants in Dorking itself too. Why not come!
In the evening, there will be a ticket only Supper Quiz and Entertainment event too! The tickets will include supper, quiz entry and hamper prize for winning table, beauty product gift, a mini fashion show (prob with me and Gill Gauntlett modelling!) of some upcoming QVC fashions, AND surprise entertainment! Do email me firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to reserve one or two of the evening Supper Quiz tickets with Patrick Hoy MC’ing. (Or July 8/9/10th if you’re in Kent MDD will be at the County Show, OR if you’re near Milton Keynes July 9th Swanbourne Music Festival will also be raising funds partly for MDD . Busy summer!)
- Click here for the evening 6.30-9pm Supper Quiz with Patrick Hoy, inc fab prizes, gifts and entertainment as well as a mini fashion show!
Finally, STOP PRESS, you can always participate from afar by entering the Summer MDD Mega Draw which we will be announcing soon. It’s to raise enough funds to hopefully pay for a second industrial freezer for the Cancer Research Lab at Medical Detection Dogs to help with their early prostate cancer detection scientific studies, and it makes me very proud to be able to help them and their vital screening programme which will help the NHS save fortunes!
More updates on my regular newsletter on my website here – just sign up for the email updates!
Facebook Funny Doing the rounds this week – funny if GCSEs did have this type of question!
Watch – Florence Foster Jenkins – Based on an astonishing true story. I so want to see this before it leaves cinemas – maybe I will get a chance at the weekend after the Bristol trip. Meryl Streep stars with Hugh Grant (I know, an older woman leading lady for him!) in a biopic about a 1930s socialite who wants to sing – and can’t – but she doesn’t let that stop her! A lovely period piece. And since I’ll be researching the 20s and 30s for my next book, here’s a little taster of what to expect if you go see the film.
Blooper – Michelle Mone Enjoyed being with the Baroness this week, including a funny bit of girlie chat!
This week on QVC
- Here’s Saturday and Sunday’s TSV bargains from HP and from Mally – don’t miss them!
- Perfect Formula Today’s Special Value When I come back next week, I’ll be launching the latest nail-hardening lacquer deal on Monday night at midnight.
- Nina Leonard printed cross front maxi dress at an AMAZING price (UNDER £35?!) on Wednesday.
- Together TSV lace sleeveless top is on Friday too – looks great!
- Early Bird Flint! Advance Warning Join me next Friday 27th 1pm for The Lunchtime Show – my first weekday one! Join me and Miceal, fun with Jenny from Together and it’ll be including the Laura Geller Pick of the Month Supersize Balance and Brighten – go here to get yours whilst stocks last – not long to go now till end of month and end of free P&P.
- Bruce Bodyblade is back! I have two of our fab fitness expert’s shows – Thurs 6pm Thursday and 3pm Friday. Do join us or buy yours early here. On that link you can see the Video-On-Demand demo of why to get one, or you can watch this wonderful clip which Bruce and I did in LA on a beach one November, featuring the Supersix, which you can do alongside us in the comfort of your own home with this superb device to tone and trim. It’s now been played over 34,000 times! That’s a lot of wobbling!
- So is Antthony! Our Wonderful Fashionista returns for another visit featuring some super new fashions – like this one, already on the system. Can’t wait to see him again! Meanwhile if you’re XS or S, there are lots of Last Clicks bargains here, amongst others!
- Plus Saturday 28th 11am Liz Earle show including the Today’s Special value as mentioned above.
Next week – off to Bristol Crimefest! And a Ghostly Bus Tour round London with Antthony and pals! Have a great week.
Here is where to go to find out about all my social media, Twitter, Facebook groups for QVC people, brands and my own groups including Till the Fat Lady Slims etc
Here is where to go to find out more about all my books – Top 50 Kindle bestseller Take a Chance on Me, other novels and short stories and anthologies. Plus non-fiction weight loss books TTFLS etc.
Latest testimonial for Till the Fat Lady Slims – and what a good one it is too!
Just got back from another medical appointment, with good news. I’ve lost another couple of pounds! Making 35 pounds down so far. And NSV in the bath last night – I usually hold back the water behind me like a dam, but it all drained AROUND me last night!!!”